Dance With Me (Wheebyul)

A series of .... ficlets

Drinking was something that she could control.

Or so she thought.

At least that was what she kept on telling herself.

She drunken so much during her first time as a university student. All of those freedom getting in on her head. She’d pretty sure that she has more alcohol in her bloodstream than actual blood. But she will enter the last leg of her studying day, she wanted a fresh start – to finally grit her teeth and start studying for real.

Unfortunately, all of her self-control flew out the window when she failed one of her class.

Hyejin was still cramming for some of her finals, so she were stuck drinking with her roommate instead. Thankfully Byul was kind enough – it took her one second to see the dejected look on Wheein face before she walked out and return with beer. Lots and lots of beer.

 

“I think I need something a bit stronger. Do you want Soju? I want Soju.” Wheein stood up from the floor that she’d been sitting on for the past hour and wobbled her way toward the kitchen before grinning triumphantly with two bottle of soju in her hands and flopped back down.

“You should slow down.”

Wheein laughed, a deep low laughter, “I’m alright.” Her voice cracked slightly and she poured a generous amount of soju and took a long sip, letting the bitter taste of liquor burns its way down .

Humming lightly, Wheein propped her head against her raised knees and stared at the blond beauty before her.

“Do you ever wondered why we never ed each other?”

Byul sputtered on her swallow of beer and coughed loudly, burned with unpleasant sensation, desperately trying to bring fresh oxygen into her lung, before she gave Wheein a bewildered look, “What!?”

Another low chuckled left Wheein’s lips as she waves her hand dismissingly, “You know what I mean.”

“I’m cutting you off, you had enough if you start talking non-sense.” Byul moved to take the half empty soju bottle from Wheein’s hand and sighed when Wheein hide the bottle away and gave her a resounding pout and a glare.

“I’m not drunk. Yet.” Wheein glared again and tipped back the bottle, as if to prove a point.

Byul watched as Wheein’s throat contracted with each swallow, eyes shifted to the exposed skin of Wheein’s shoulder where her dress strap has fallen…… Her breath hitched and Byul in a breath, okay, so maybe she was slightly drunk too.

Wheein met her gaze then, challenging Byul with her eyes as she put the now empty bottle of Soju on the floor board beside her and smirked. She was used to see Wheein giving her a challenging mischievous look, but the challenge that flashed behind her eyes was different tonight. There’s just something so different tonight and she cannot help but notice the sweet smell of Wheein’s perfume that lingered in the air, the smirk on her lips and wonder how the sharp tang of alcohol would taste like on Wheein’s tongue.

Standing up abruptly, she ran unsteady fingers through her hair, “I’ll just let you drink yourself into a coma then.” Byul avoided further eye contacts and move passed Wheein when a hand wrapped itself on her wrist and tugged.

“Wheein,” Byul sighed her name, a mixture between a warning and a plea, which Wheein only replied with an arch of her eyebrow.

Another gauntlet being thrown.

Byul let a few silences beat passed before she tugged back at her hand to no avail, “is it because I’m a woman?”

Byul gaped at Wheein and cannot contain the laughter from escaping, “I would never touch you with a ten foot pole if you are not.”

Wheein laughed then, an enormous grin adorning her lips, “I’m not so drunk that I would oppose you taking advantage of me.”

Byul tugged Wheein up, hand on her waist to steady her and caressed her stubborn jaw, “I would never take advantage of you, and even though I have thought about it, we are both too drunk…..” Byul quiet down as Wheein pressed her hand on Byul’s lips.

“Shhh…. Don’t ruin the moment. At least dance with me.”

Wheein playfully dipped her hand inside Byul’s jeans pocket and pull out her phone, “Choose something.”

“Anything?”

“Something sweet.”

Byul picked a soft sweet ballad and pressed play, letting the soft sound of the singer filled the room. She threw her phone to the couch and pulled the swaying Wheein closer, laying her hand on Wheein’s hip gently as they moved slowly to the music.

Slowly, a tear made its way down Wheein’s cheek and soon, another followed.

“I never failed a class before.”

Wheein bunched up Byul’s sweater in a tight grip as her forehead rest on Byul’s chest. Byul ran her fingers through Wheein’s hair, lips softly ghosted on her temple, making Wheein sob harder.

Both women stayed there for several minutes, deep in each other embrace until Wheein’s sob quieted down.

“Let’s get you to bed.” Byul whispered and led Wheein to her bedroom, where Wheein flopped onto the bed and pulled Byul into it, putting her head on Byul’s shoulder once again.   

“I’m drunk,” she murmured into Byul’s neck.

“You don’t say.” Byul laughed softly, “Come on, let’s get you inside,”

“Inside me?”

Byul laughed once again and shook her head, “You are incorrigible.”

Wheein was drunk and she probably would not remember any of this in the morning, but Byul will. She would remember the softness of Wheein’s skin, the sweet smell of her hair….. shaking her head back to reality, Byul coaxed Wheein to scoot so she could pulled back the cover and tucked Wheein to bed, watching as Wheein easily burrowed herself into bed, eyes closing and soon snoring gently.     

Byul kissed Wheein’s forehead softly and let herself watch the rise and fall of Wheein’s chest as she succumbed deeper into slumber before she stood up and turned the lights off, a soft sweet dreams whispered to the room.  

Little did Byul know that when Wheein woke up that next morning, she remembered everything and wished Byul had stay.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Why writing is so hard to do? :'(