Stuck - (Wheesun)

A series of .... ficlets

Wheein was having a good time, all the stress of the day seemed to disappear as the first hit of alcohol touched her system. She peered at the woman in front of her through her eyelashes, the top two button of her white silk shirt was ed, revealing an expanse of mocha skin and the telltale of her cleavage, and Wheein involuntarily her lips.

“Stop.”

Startled, Wheein looked up at Hyejin with questioning eyes.

“Stop what?”

“Stop looking at me as if I’m dessert. You look like a cross between a love sick puppy and a heated dog, it’s not pretty.”

Wheein gaped at her and did an excellent impersonation of a gaping gold fish for a good minute before she threw her napkin at her best friend, seething with indignation, “I did not!”

“Really now?” one of Hyejin’s eyebrow rose challengingly as she gestured back and forth between Wheein’s eyes and her cleavage with her fork.

“Well, duh! It’s right there! I cannot not see! But I don’t look like a love sick puppy.” She scooped her vanilla ice cream and shoved it into angrily, “mah-be deh heated dwag.” She said between a mouthfuls of icy coldness.

Hyejin laughed slightly at her friend’s antique, cocking her head to the side, she watched Wheein for a while, “You need to get laid.”

Wheein rolled her eyes, “Well, it’s obvious. I mean, you look good enough for me to eat. SO OF COURSE.”

“Oh honey, I’m always look good enough to eat.  Alright, it settled it then, Imma be a good friend and hook you up.”

Wheein froze, “What do you mean hook me up? You gonna pimp me out???”

“Oh for petesakes.” Hyejin rolled her eyes and kicked Wheein’s leg slightly under the table, “Imma set you up on a date, you freak.”

“I don’t date men.”

Hyejin scoffed, “Hello captain obvious, yes, I know, hence your eyes basically glued to my s. Wheein! EYES! OMG!”

“I might just drool a little, sorry. So, you are going to set me up with…..”

“Someone from work, don’t worry, she also only date women.”

“I don’t date butch.”

“She’s far from it as well.”

“I don’t date pillow queen.”

Hyejin reached out and took Wheein’s hands with both of hers, “Babe, at this rate, I know why you don’t date. At all.”

Wheein groaned and glared pathetically at her grinning best friend, “Fine!”

“Awesome, come by to the office tomorrow around 6 PM, I’ll introduce you two and then you could go on your merry way.”

“Wait, tomorrow? As in a day after today? As in not even 24 hours from now???”

“You are not deaf yet, babe, congratulations.”

“How can you expect us to go on a date just like that???”

“Oh, she knew already. She’ll be expecting you.”

“You set the date before you run it through me first???”

One raised eyebrow was her answered, along with a gesture toward the ample bosom and Wheein shut , dimple showing in contrition and nodded, “I’ll be there.”

“Good Girl.”

***

 

Wheein walked slowly down the hall to Hyejin’s office around lunch time, she was determined to tell her friend that she can’t go on with that date. So she chickened out, it happened. Alcohol always made her braver than she really is and honestly, Hyejin probably set her up with those beautiful goddess like lesbian that Wheein worshiped secretly and Wheein is only this small little freak. She would just ended up embarrassing Hyejin. So yeah, she will not be going on that date. Or any date. Ever.

Letting her legs carried her by memory, she knocked on Hyejin’s door and took a peek inside the office when she didn’t hear any respond. She frowned when she noticed that the room was empty. Fishing her phone out of her bag, she dialed Hyejin’s number, grumbling at her own stupidity for not calling first and just her luck, the call went straight to voice mail.

Wheein sighed heavily and dragged her feet back toward the elevator, she’ll just text Hyejin and cancell, then let Hyejin deal with the mess. It was her own fault in the first place anyway.

 

The elevator’s door opened and her gaze fell onto the one person who already occupied the elevator.

Her hair was cut short with longish bangs that touched her cheek, the blazer was black and tight fitted covering a white shirt underneath, her slack was equally black with a peek of round boots seen under it. Her arms were cross in front of her as she leaned against the elevator’s railing. The woman was stunning, mysterious eyes, gorgeous jaw, kissable lips…*Power Top* Wheein can’t help but labeled her right away and stepped inside the elevator without another glance.

Wheein could feel the woman’s eyes on her and wondered whether she looked weird. She looked down on her own attire, was it the jeans? Or the oversized blazer? She’s a painter damn it! It was not like she need to dress up just to see her best friend. She did combed her hair right? Wheein smooth down her hand over her mid length brown hair self-consciously, trying to make it presentable. The woman unnerved her – actually all pretty women in general unnerved her – but this one overtly so.

Looking up to the numbered panel, Wheein counted the number inwardly, willing the moving box to move quicker. The fine hair on the back of her nape stood at attention and all of her senses practically screamed that the woman still looking at her. Seriously, did she smell bad or something?

Wheein yelped when the elevator jerked.

“What the….”

Her scream died on when the elevator jerked again, her hand gripped the railing as the sensation of free falling enveloped her for precious seconds before the elevator jerked again and suddenly stilled. The lights went out, engulfing them in darkness and the curse that was lodged on spilled over, “, , … ”

Wheein her lips nervously and tried to make out the emergency button from where she stood. She hate darkness and being in an enclosed space without anywhere to go only added to her nervousness.

“Hello. The elevator stuck, can anyone get us out?” Wheein heard a smooth cadence filled the room and realized that the woman had already beaten her to the emergency button.

Taking a deep breath, Wheen tried to calm her rapidly increasing heart beats, frustrated since her eyes hadn’t fully adjusted to the darkness. She heard the crackled answer from the emergency panel and exchange of words, but she tuned it all out, all she could feel was the oxygen escaping her and her head starting to spin. She tried to breathe through and lowered herself to the ground.

“You okay?”

Wheein jerked when she heard the soothing voice coming from her side and saw the outline of the woman crouching beside her.

“I’ll be fine. How soon can they get us out?”

“They’re not sure, they say it might go around 1 to 3 hours. Don’t worry, we’ll be fine.”

Wheein threw expletive under her breath, she didn’t think she could handle being in this place for an hour let alone three. She could feel the trepidation closing in on her and soon she felt nauseous.

“Are you sure you okay?” Wheein could hear the concern in her voice and she wanted to assure the woman that she was fine, but she found herself shaking her head slowly.

“You’re not okay. Claustrophobic?”

Wheein half shrugged, half nod, still mainly focusing on her labored breath when she felt movement and the woman sat beside her.  

“I hate being in the dark.” Wheein found herself whispered softly, her hand reaching out on empty air and she almost jump out of her skin when suddenly warmth engulfed her fingertips, the woman had interlaced their fingers together.

“Is it okay if I touch you?”

“Kind of too late to ask since you already touched me, don’t you think?”

The woman chuckled, “It’s the right thing to do, asking permission.”

Wheein hummed, “One of the reason why I date women only. Manners.”

The laugh startled Wheein, but she also could feel the lump in slowly dissolving, she’s not alone… she’s going to be okay.  

“Well, I only date women too, but mostly because I think women are cute.”

“Oh.” Wheein not sure how to respond to that, although she was sure that saying ‘yeah, I figured from your aura that you are a power top.’ will not be a good response.

“Do you want to listen to some music? The signal basically non-existent but I saved some music in my folder, what do you want to hear?”

“You….” Wheein cleared , “Tell me about yourself.”

“Where do you want me to start?”

“When you were born, did the doctor tell your parents that you would be absolutely gorgeous?”

A low snicker rumbled near her ears and Wheein felt the woman’s shoulder shaking with laughter, “Oh wow, did you just….”

“I blurted out things when I’m scared, but… It’s true though, you are absolutely gorgeous. So, do you work here? I mean, I don’t work here, so you might work here, or not, like me. I’m Wheein by the way, oh crap, I’m blabbering, to be honest, I don’t know how to stop talking when I’m nervous and scared, and honestly, I’m both now and I just…..”

Wheein stopped. The woman’s perfume surrounded her as strong arms embraced her, “Shhh…. It’s all right.” Wheein shuddered when a puff of air touched her ear, and even if her brain still lagged in connecting the situation, her body immediately responded. She melted against the embrace, taking solace in the silent strength of the woman’s arms, her cheek pillowed on the woman’s shoulder.

“Comfortable?”

Wheein wanted to laugh at the absurdity of the question, her protesting the hard coldness of the elevator and there was an ache on her knee, she probably banged it on the floor or something, but the woman’s body was pliant and warm and it offered her a modicum of comfort, so all things considered….

Wheein hummed and burrowed closer into the woman’s embrace, stealing just a little bit of more of that warmth and the sense of security that came from it. She missed this. The simple connection with another human being. Has it really been that long?

She felt a ghosting of fingertips trailing her cheek, , caressing and the thudding of her heart began anew. Wheein gave in into her most primal instinct and move her face upwards, lips grazing on the side line of the woman’s jaw. She felt the woman’s sigh and the tightening of her arms and once again Wheein was floored by her need for this kind of closeness, the intimacy of it.

They stayed like that, in each other arms, Wheein’s eyes closing as she listened to the woman’s soothing voice, talking about anything and everything, she heard something about advertising, marketing director? And that, of all the sports that she could try her hands on, she preferred pole dancing to keep fit. As silly as it sounded, Wheein almost didn’t want the moment to end.

The elevator jerked and Wheein felt her heart leap once more, followed by the ringing in her ears, but the arms around her tightened and she didn’t feel like she was falling apart anymore. “You’re alright. You’re okay….” Wheein looked up at the woman, her eyes finally adjusted to the darkness and she could see the concern etched into her beautiful face.

Driven by instinct more than anything, Wheein brushed her lips against the woman. A barely contained moan escaped her when her lips met the softness of the stranger’s lips and she fought the urge to crush their lips together, to seek the warmth that she knew she would found. A hand cupped her cheek, it soothingly as they kissed leisurely, the tension on her body lessening each time their lips brushed  against each other.

Wheein chased after the woman’s lips when she pulled away.

“Is that okay?”

The woman asked again, ever the gentle woman and Wheein’s answer was a barely audible, almost strangled ‘yeah’.

She surged forward and found the woman’s lips once again, her tongue tracing the outline of the woman’s mouth, seeking entrance, absorbing the feel of the other woman pressed against her, the sensual scent that she quickly associated with this mysterious woman enveloping her, the taste of her, the feel of her soft skins, their hands were instinctively pulling each other closer when suddenly the elevator revved back into life and the bright lights came back on.

Wheein groaned when the woman nipped at her bottom lips, “The elevator back on.”

“That’s faster than I expected.” And Wheein was surprised by the disappointment lacing her words.

A smirk spread across the other woman's feature before she stole a quick kiss and stood up, holding one hand out to help the smaller woman.

“We don’t have to stop.”

“Yeah well, I’m not an exhibitionist.” Wheein grabbed hold on her hand and let herself being pulled up, the more logical part of her brain taking over once again.

The dark haired woman grinned, “I’m not much of an exhibitionist as well.”

“So… where does it leave ….” The ‘us’ hang between them but understood.

“At the beginning of something beautiful.”

The smile that Wheein gave her was blinding, and for the first in a while, Wheein can’t help but feel just a little bit hopeful.

 

The elevator opened and Wheein barely left the steel box when Hyejin barreled against her and enveloped her in a massive bear hug, “OMG! ARE YOU OKAY?”

“Cant. Breathe. Hye…Stop.”

Hyejin’s eyes wandered all over the place, Wheein’s head, Wheein’s face, Wheein’s body, arms, waist, hips, practically everywhere she could touch. Worrying over Wheein like a lioness over her cub. “I got your message and I can’t reached you and no one saw you or know where you are and I heard about the elevator and I was so worried that you might be in it.”

“I’m fine.”

“You hate dark places! What if you got a panic attack???”

“I did.”

Hyejin hugged her again, even tighter this time, if it was possible, “OMG YOU MUST SO SCARED!!!”

“HYEJIN LET GO, HOLYShhh! I’M OKAY!” Wheein drew a huge lungful of breath after Hyejin finally let her go and tucked her hair behind her ear, “I got someone helping me.”

Blush suffused the apple of her cheek and Hyejin finally noticed another person lingering near them, “Oh, Yongsun unnie.”

“You know her!??”

“Well, She’s your date.” Hyejin shook her head quickly, “I mean, she supposed to be her date, sorry, Yongsun unnie, apparently Wheein here doesn’t feel like having a blind date.”

“Well I guess it’s a good thing that it’s not a blind date anymore, now, isn’t it? So, how about going on that date now, Wheein-ssi?”

Wheein seemed surprised by the question, in the brightness of day, Yongsun was even more breathtakingly gorgeous and Wheein was once again that tiny little weirdo.

But Yongsun, with those kind eyes and gentle smile, and strong arms and unwavering patience looked at her with such intensity, offering her something that she never thought she would ever receive from such beautiful creature, and Wheein just once want to be brave enough to try.

“Someplace beautiful, for a beautiful beginning.”

And the smile that Yongsun gave her in return can only be compared with the brightness of the sun. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Idk why my ficlet got longer and longer and longer and it doesnt feel like ficlet anymore, and this one is for Motzi, hopefully you like them :) 

Next!! Should be Wheebyul? I've been postponing writing Wheebyul because I want to crack my writing fingers first, so, let's hope the next one would be Wheebyul, if not then it would be another Moonsun. 

Cheerz and LEAVE ME A COMMENT!! FEED THE WRITER!!! LOL 

See ya, 

Gabe