chapter 6

haribo nim

- minju is confuse

- and chaeyeon is?

---

Eunbi and the rest barged into the school library to find that loner girl but to their avail, she’s not there anymore. Minju was actually running her way to the shopping district. She couldn’t stand it, this is a nightmare for her. Just one slip out to Hitomi could lead to the whole school knowing, although she knows Hitomi wouldn’t betray her but she is hurt knowing that letting her know leads to this. Minju never asked for this, she never wanted her crush knowing she likes her or having the school shippers staring at her with daggers wherever she goes. All she needs right now is her only friend, HARIBO nim.

Good thing right when she reached the shopping district, she could already spot the huge bear giving out gummy at her booth. She quickly makes her way towards the mascot. HARIBO nim who was giving out gummies felt a force came onto her and arm around her huge body. Sobbing could be heard coming from the back.

“Is that you, Minguri?”, the mascot asked without turning to the back.

HARIBO nim felt a light nod behind.

“Okay, Yujinie, Wonyoungie, I’m leaving these to you guys okay?”, the mascot continues giving a huge pack of gummy to the two kids in front.

“Aye aye, HARIBO nim!”, one of the kid, Yujin did a salute to the mascot after taking the gummy.

Another kid beside Yujin was carrying a frown on her face.

“We are not going to see you again, HARIBO nim?”, Wonyoung the frowning kid asked sadly.

HARIBO nim almost melted at her sight.

“We will meet again soon, Wonyoungie.”, HARIBO nim assured the small girl. “Anyway, i need to go off now, see you guys soon.”

The kids bid goodbyes to the mascot before leaving. Finally, HARIBO nim held Minju’s arm then turned around to Minju. The girl’s eyes were puffy red but she still looks beautiful being like that. The mascot uses her huge paws to hold up the girl’s angelic face.

“Let’s go somewhere else.”, the mascot said.

Minju lightly nods.

They went to take a seat at a bench nearby the shopping district. Minju calms herself down after crying while HARIBO nim was helping her wiping her tears.

“Sorry for not telling you earlier but it’s my last day working here today.”, HARIBO nim breaks the silence.

Minju instantly felt even depressed knowing she might not meet the mascot again.

“So we won’t be seeing each other anymore.”, Minju muttered.

HARIBO nim held up her face to meet the mascot’s face.

“No, Minju. We will, which is why today I’ll be taking down my headpiece in front of you.”, HARIBO nim assured the girl.

The mascot removed her hand from Minju’s face, moving on to her headpiece. To Minju, she felt as if time stopped the moment the mascot took down the headpiece. She wanted to pinch herself so badly to make sure she wasn’t dreaming. The only friend she had this whole time turned out to be that crush of hers. It’s freaking Lee Chaeyeon of all people from their school.

“Surprise?”, Chaeyeon smiled cheekily as she asked.

Minju is at loss of words.

“I’m sorry for hiding this long from you, Minju.”, Chaeyeon scratched her head.

Minju’s face flushed red at how cool her crush looks right now.

“It’s okay.”, Minju softly muttered.

“I should have answered you when you told me about the person you like-”, Chaeyeon was cut off.

“No! That-”, Chaeyeon cut off the panicking Minju this time.

“I like you too, Minju.”, Chaeyeon held Minju’s fidgeting hand as she said with her face red as a tomato.

Minju turned quiet the moment she heard what Chaeyeon said. She thought she was going crazy because never will she expect her crush would like her back.

“I’m still inexperience about this but would you like to be mine?”, Chaeyeon blurted out the thing she’s been holding onto since the day she met the girl.

Minju pinches her own arm hardly then whined at the pain. Chaeyeon quickly pries her hands away.

“What are you doing, Minju?!”, Chaeyeon was worried at the girl’s action.

“Seeing if I’m dreaming right now.”, Minju nonchalantly says while looking at Chaeyeon.

Chaeyeon signature laugh was unleashed. This girl she’s been liking is certainly adorable and it’s making her want to like her more. Chaeyeon intertwined their hands together, they were a perfect fit.

“You’re not dreaming right now. I really like you, Minju. From the moment I saw that clueless girl walking around with a bag of groceries and a cute HARIBO keychain on her bag, my heart had already sent me the message that I like that girl.”, Chaeyeon said every word sincerely while looking into Minju’s eyes, making sure that the latter really gets her message.

Of course, every single word Minju heard brought smile to her face. For the first time in her life, she finally gets to experience that feeling people called, happiness.

“I like you too, Chaeyeon and of course I would definitely want to be yours.”

...end...