chapter 4

haribo nim

Day by day, Minju finds herself going to the shopping district to meet HARIBO nim more than the library to meet Hitomi. After all, she knows Hitomi already have a good company with her which is Chaewon.

Hitomi sometimes does wonder why Chaewon is still coming to the library despite her crush not coming here recently. Hitomi doesn’t point it out though obviously, not to mention that Chaewon is someone she had fun talking with. At first, Hitomi thought her sunbaenim might judge her for reading fantasy novels but Chaewon proved her otherwise when the latter showed interest in Hitomi’s hobby and actually read those books too after Hitomi introduced her to it. They even shared their interests with each other.

What Hitomi wasn’t expecting though is that Chaewon would go as far as sneaking bread into the library.

“Chaewon-unnie, why would you take bread into the library??”, Hitomi questioned her senior the moment she saw her came into the library with a whole bag of bread from a nearby bakery that Hitomi recognized.

“You like to eat it no? Don’t worry, the librarian is my friend so she won’t mind~”, Chaewon ask in anticipation, hoping the latter wouldn’t reject her offer.

Hitomi timidly takes the bread from Chaewon. Her face beamed in happiness as she takes bites from the bread. Chaewon couldn’t show it but internally she is squealing like there’s no tomorrow at how cute her junior is when she’s chewing the bread with her fluffy cheeks.

- chaewon fangirl over the cute junior

---

On the other side, Minju is enjoying HARIBO nim company. They talked about various topics and Minju got to know that HARIBO nim is still a high school student. HARIBO nim even drew something for Minju beforehand and gift it to her. This time, it’s not a drawing of HARIBO but Minju herself, a mini version of Minju that’s smiling brightly. Minju feels so happy just by talking with HARIBO nim these days, she could forget about all those negative thoughts when she’s together with the mascot.

“You’re adorable, Minju.”, HARIBO nim said to Minju who was laughing at the joke they just said.

Minju was flustered by the compliments.

“I wouldn’t be surprise if you’re taken though.”, the mascot ends with an awkward laughter.

Minju went silent after HARIBO nim’s statement. She could only think about her tragic crush on the school famous dancer. Minju had her head low with her hair covering her frown. HARIBO nim noticed the sudden change of Minju, immediately the mascot knows she had said something wrong.

“Hey, I’m sorry I didn’t know this is a sensitive topic for you-”, before the mascot could finish, Minju cut in.

“No, it’s okay. I never talk about this to anyone before.”, Minju said, trying to assure HARIBO nim that she’s not offended or anything. “I’m not taken and I’m not even acknowledged by the person I like.”, Minju decided to open up to her only friend about her tragic love story.

HARIBO nim was listening diligently to Minju’s story and at the same time feels sad for the girl. The mascot uses its huge paw to hold onto Minju’s small delicate hand.

“Why is that?”, the mascot carefully asked.

Minju took a deep breath before speaking, “She is a senior of mine, one of the school’s most popular student and an amazing dancer above that. It was love at first sight. I remember the first time I watched her performing on stage, it was stunning, and her performance took my breath away.”

HARIBO nim gently caresses Minju’s back as she goes on with her story.

“Anyway, I know she wouldn’t spare a glance on a girl like me. After all, there were rumours going on that she’s dating our school goddess, they looked perfect for each other.”, Minju continued with a sigh.

HARIBO took a huge gulp before dropping the question that has been going on the mascot’s mind.

“What is her name?”, the mascot softly asked, even though the mascot know it might hurt after knowing but at least it’s worth it to have this as a closure.

“Lee Chaeyeon.”

---

- minju is relieved

- while on eunbi's side, they are planning something...

...