chapter 5

haribo nim

- the next day, everyone is excited about different things

---

School went by like a flash. Minju thought about HARIBO nim saying that she will be working late shift. Thus, she decided to drop by the library to meet up with Hitomi. After all, the junior did invite her beforehand and she seems eager when she’s inviting Minju. Right now, Minju is walking into the library. She got greeted by Hitomi waving cutely at their usual table. For a moment there, Minju thought she would be seeing Chaewon tagging along with them but surprisingly today she’s not. Chaewon told Minju that she was somehow forced to meet up with her friends and she couldn’t tag along today. Minju could remember how sad the latter look when she said she couldn’t go but she went back to being her happy self after Minju offers to say hi to Hitomi on behalf of Chaewon. Putting that aside, Minju is just glad she could at least be with Hitomi like the old times.

“Hi, Minju unnie.”, Hitomi greeted her senior cutely.

Minju takes her seat while she greets back, “Hi, it’s been a while.”

“Yeah, I kinda miss those time when it’s just us though.”, Hitomi slightly tilted her head as she said.

“Why? Did you not like Chaewon’s accompany?”, Minju decided to tease the cute junior a little.

Hitomi panic a little when she answers Minju’s question, “N-N-No! I mean Chaewon unnie is a good company too.”

Minju chuckled at Hitomi reaction, the latter certainly look adorable when she panicked. She could understand why her tablemate is head over heels for the girl. Minju opened up the new fantasy novel she brought that day, she was about to read it but Hitomi stopped her with a question.

“Minju unnie, do you mind if I ask you a question?”, Hitomi suddenly asked.

Minju looks at Hitomi with a confused expression, she doesn’t understand why Hitomi is being so tense all of the sudden while staring at her. Hitomi took a huge gulp of her saliva, at the corner of her eyes she could see the gang was checking up on her at the shelf nearby. Eunbi gave her a thumb up when she caught Hitomi looking at her.

“What is it?”, Minju gently questioned the girl back.

Hitomi held her fidgeting hand under the table.

“Is there perhaps someone you like?”, Hitomi boldly dropped the bomb.

Minju’s ears flushed red instantly upon hearing Hitomi’s question. Her brain can only think of that one dancer in their school, yes that one girl named Lee Chaeyeon, the one she told HARIBO nim about. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to tell the cute junior the truth?

“Umm..Please don’t judge me okay? But it would be a lie if I say I’m not into someone..”, Minju blurted out.

Eunbi and her gang are literally sweating at the corner of the library while waiting for Minju to spill the tea.

“Well..I know I not on the same level as that girl but I do hope she notices me at the very least before graduation, she’s someone in the dance club and her name is Lee Chaeyeon, I feel like my heart’s about to explode every time I walked past her in school, she somehow made me drag myself to school every day.”, Minju never thought the day would come when she would be this honest with someone but guess it’s part of the effects from hanging out with HARIBO nim.

‘It’s best to open up to your friends so you don’t end up keeping all your feelings in your heart, that way you won’t feel like you’re the only human on this planet, loneliness did kill some people after all.’

Minju remembered to keep those words in her mind since HARIBO nim told her. Maybe it’s because the way HARIBO nim said it managed to touch Minju’s heart, making her want to be a better person for the latter.

However, Hitomi’s face looks as if she had seen someone died in front of her after receiving Minju’s answer. Minju started to get worried, wondering if she had said something terribly wrong.

“Minju-unnie…That’s not really what I expected to hear, I hope Eunbi-unnie doesn’t snap…”, Hitomi muttered the last sentence very quietly but unfortunately Minju actually heard what she said and got even more confused than before.

As if on cue, at the corner of Minju’s eyes, she saw Kwon Eunbi herself sprinting towards the exit of the library. Hitomi gasped upon realizing that Chaeyeon sunbaenim might be in big trouble right now.

“Minju-unnie, I suddenly remembered that I had stuff I need to do so I’ll be taking my leave first. We should hang out again next time!”, Hitomi bid farewell to Minju before running towards the exit of the library in full speed too.

---

- meantime, chaewon was waiting all alone at the cafe

- chaewon opened up her snapchat to cure her boredness and she sees...

- this is?

- chaewon question the dance club member who filmed the two

- chaewon had it

- yenyul is in trouble

- yena decided to snitch

- yenyul found out first

---

- hitomi seek her friend for help to stop eunbi

- the whats going on in pc bang groupchat

 

Almost everyone dash out the PC Bang except for Eunbi and the rest that are involved in the drama. Eunbi was still stunned at the scenario she just witnessed. Hitomi rubbed her forehead with a sigh, Chaewon remained blushing while the CSH triplet is just speechless at the situation.

“I think Minju is in trouble now.”, Hitomi suddenly speaks up.

A gush of guilt came onto Eunbi, if she never exaggerates stuff, thing wouldn’t be so messy now. Right now she has to think of a way to make things right.

“Where is Minju?”, Eunbi asked the cute junior.

“Still at the school library I guess.”, Hitomi answered while tilting her head.

Chaewon internally squealed at how cute her crush is.

“Calm yourself, Chaewonie.”, Hyewon teased the latter.

Chaewon’s heart eyes for Hitomi turned to glare for Hyewon. Hyewon throws her hands up as a sign of defeat.

“This is not the right time to tease, baby. We need to help that innocent Minju, you know how your shippers behave.”, Eunbi warned her soon to be girlfriend?

“I guess we should be going back to find her in school.”, Hitomi suggested.

Eunbi nodded. Hitomi, Chaewon and Hyewon tag along in Eunbi’s car to go back to the school while Chaeyeon is left behind with Sakura at the PC Bang.

“You’re causing quite a mess there.”, Sakura voiced out.

Chaeyeon is still in confused state.

“I don’t actually understand the whole thing that’s been going on just now but I do recall something about Kim Minju.”, Chaeyeon said.

“You mean the part where she likes you?”, Sakura questioned her confused friend.

“Did Eunbi mentioned that?”, Chaeyeon asked back in surprise.

Sakura shrugged, “Indirectly she’s saying Minju likes you.”

Chaeyeon had her eyes opened wide at what she hears from her friend.

...