chapter 1

haribo nim

- life as minju the loner

- what minju think about her social butterfly tablemate

- what her tablemate think of her...

---

- minju's daily routine after school

---

In case yall are wondering about the lunch break, Minju spent it all alone.

Time skip *after school*

The second the bell rang, Minju immediately packs up her stuff and try to head towards the school library.

“Hey, Minju-yah, where are you going?”, Chaewon, her tablemate suddenly asked.

“Ah, nothing. I’m just going to the library.”, Minju replied.

“What’s so fun about going to the library? Hanging out with your friends would have been more fun.”, Chaewon said.

‘But I have no friends….No way I can tell her that….Although I do have this cute junior that I always meet in the library.’, Minju thought.

“Ahaha….It’s my way of hanging out actually because my junior meets up with me there.”, Minju answered, hoping that Chaewon buys it.

“You have a junior friend?? That’s so nice. In that case, is it okay if I go with you, I want to get to know your friend too!”, Chaewon spoke, her eyes full of expectation.

‘Now….I don’t think I can reject her….I guess I got no other choice huh….I sure hope my junior considers me as a friend or else I’m gonna be the joke of the school…’, Minju stared off at the window while silently praying to whatever god out there to save her.

“Of course, you can tag along if you want.”, Minju hesitated a lil, wishing Chaewon didn’t notice that she’s having an inner mental breakdown.

“COOL, let’s go now then!”, Chaewon looks like she’s about to hit those amusement park rides with her looking so excited like that.

- meantime, her junior is waiting for her at the library

- of course, minju is panicking in her twitter too

- chaewon is just glad for her tablemate

---

Minju and Chaewon started walking down the hallway to get to the library. But every few minutes, Chaewon would get stop by some friends to chat and Minju is just awkwardly standing in one corner while waiting for them to finish talking. It’s not like Chaewon didn’t try to get Minju into the conversation but Minju just always ended up saying “Hi” and that’s it.

After a long torturing time for Minju which is somewhere around 10 minutes, they finally got to the library. Minju managed to live another day at least.

‘Okay….Hitomi-ah…Please don’t avoid me.’, Minju plead in her heart before going into the library.

- hitomi on the other side saw minju and a familiar looking senior?

Thankfully, Hitomi cutely waves at Minju when she enters the library. Minju just barely avoided another life crisis. Both Chaewon and Minju walk over to the table that Hitomi was occupying.

For some reason though, Hitomi didn’t really talk after they sat at the table which means Minju is panicking once again due to thinking Chaewon might suspect that she’s lying about her junior. To make things worse, no one is even talking, not even Chaewon….

- they were just thinking about things...

Minju secretly hopes that one of them speak up but seeing as things are now, this is definitely not going well. During times like these, Minju can only rely on her last resort.

Minju took out a pack of ‘HARIBO’ from her coat pocket and offer the both of them some of it.

“Do you guys want some gummy bears?”, Minju asked, putting the pack of ‘HARIBO’ on the table.

“Woah, is it allowed to take food into the library, Minju-unnie?”, Hitomi questioned with a curious look on her face.

“Welp..I do always sneak my precious snack inside my pocket.”, Minju answered.

Unexpectedly, Chaewon takes the pack of ‘HARIBO’ and is picking different colours of gummy bears out? At some point, she finally took out all the colours of the gummy bears which has 5 colours in total and hands it over to Hitomi??

“Hey, pick one from these! You can pick your favourite colour too.”, Chaewon showed the gummy bears to Minju’s junior.

Hitomi shyly nods and takes a red coloured gummy bear. “Thank you, sunbaenim.”, Hitomi bowed her head a lil.

“By the way, I realized that we haven’t introduced ourselves yet.”, Chaewon suddenly mentioned.

“Y-Yes…I’m Minju!”, right after Minju said this, she immediately regrets it. Like bruh, how can they both not know who she is…..

“Yeah, we knew your name is Minju.”, Chaewon and Hitomi apparently accidentally said this at the same time.

They both glance at each other as if it’s a scene out from a movie. While dear Minguri is just being awkward once again in the corner.

- that is when she knew she screwed up...

- the other two is just surprise at their jinx

---

- eunbi and the dance club member wanted to help chaewon

---

- after their meeting at the library, minju decided...

---

Minju is really tired at this point, she just wants to quickly wrap up her grocery shopping and go home. Little does she know, someone approaches her from behind all of a sudden, causing Minju to get scared and paranoid. Minju did think of running away but this person or should I say bear? looks huge.

“Hi, there miss! Do you want to try some ‘HARIBO’ gummy bears?”, the mascot offered.

Minju being Minju just cannot seems to resist the urge to grab the gummy bear especially when it’s her favourite, ‘HARIBO’.

“You must really like ‘HARIBO’, miss! You even have a keychain of it hanging by your schoolbag.”, the mascot pointed out, looking at Minju’s bag.

“Ah! I do actually, hope you don’t think I’m a weirdo or something though, I just really like the gummy bears.”, Minju blurted out the truth despite knowing that the mascot might judge her for liking children's snack.

“Wow, so you actually like eating my friends!”, the mascot pointed at itself this time.

Upon closer inspection, Minju then realises that this mascot is not any ordinary bear but it’s ‘HARIBO’ itself. Minju can’t help but chuckle at the mascot’s words. Without noticing it, the mascot started laughing too.

“Your laughter is indeed contagious, miss! I’m glad you finally have a smile on your face though.”, the mascot commented.

Minju’s face immediately reddened after hearing that someone complimented her laughter. The ‘HARIBO’ mascot then reach into its huge tummy pocket and grab a piece of paper out, or more like a very cute drawing and gives it to Minju.

“You can have this miss! It’s a drawing I did before I started working and you like ‘HARIBO’ so much too so why not?”, the person behind this mascot must be smiling right now.

Minju takes the small piece of art and looks at it curiously. The drawing appears to be a ‘HARIBO’ bear that’s very very very cute~~ Before Minju can thanks the mascot though, some children interrupted their moment.

“Hey~Hey~, ‘HARIBO’ nim, can you please give us some gummy bears?~”, one of the kid pleaded.

“Yujin-ah, you should have waited for me, I also want gummy bears!”, the other kid shouted.

“Hurry up then Wonyoung!”, the Yujin kid shouted back.

At this point, more and more kids began to gather near the mascot, successfully pushing Minju out. Minju admitted defeat and slowly walks back home.

- minju is defeated by kids

...