Voice #2

The Voice of Korea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong is so close to whacking Dong Youngbae in the head.

It's 12 noon already and he still has no plans on getting up but his stupid friend is inside the apartment, bugging the life out of him. He immediately regret giving the man the code on his apartment. He got home really late last night after hours of clubbing, and he's seriously not in the mood to entertain all the s Youngbae has to say.

Besides, he already know that it's going to be about a certain woman again.

Ever since Youngbae got the project on a specific singing competition and found out who he'd be working with, he has been rubbing it on Jiyong's face every freaking second. It's not like Jiyong wanted to take his place. No. He was so sure that the woman won't want him there.

But everytime Youngbae finished a meeting with who he deemed as Jiyong's the one that got away, he'd go straight to Jiyong's apartment and tell him what he's passing up on.

To be honest though, Youngbae doesn't need to say all that. Jiyong knows very well what he missed out. Does he regret it though?

No. He scoffed. It's not like he's the only one at fault.

"Jiyong, I swear, if you don't get up now, I'm going to splash water right on your damn face."

"What the do you need? Get out!"

Jiyong snuggled more on his pillow. He doesn't want to get up and listen to more of Youngbae's tales about the woman that got away.

Huh.

Was she even near enough to have the need to get away? Jiyong thought no. She have always been away.

"Bro, seriously!"

Argh. Jiyong is pissed now.

He sat up and threw a pillow on Youngbae. "What do you want?!"

"Get dressed! You're taking my place on The Voice. "

Jiyong froze.

What in the world is Dong Youngbae talking about? There's no way in hell he's taking his place on that singing competition when the one that got away- no, scratch that- the one that's always been away is there. No. He won't do it. Seeing her picture alone does things to him. Seeing her in person again after two years will just him up.

"Tch. Go away and stop fooling around."

"I'm not kidding! Get up, you lazy pig!" Youngbae's voice told him that he's really serious about what he said and it completely woke him up.

"You're serious?"

"Yeah. I won't be able to do the show anymore. Hyorin and I have plans that would be compromised by the show's schedule. Mnet won't let me back out without any replacement so YG pitched you in."

What in the actual .

It's real.

He really has to do the show and work with the-one-that's-always-been-away.

"Now, get off your freaking bed because you have a meeting to attend to."

"What? When?"

"Today. At 1PM."

He looked at the clock on his beside table. 12:15.

.

She hates it when people are late.

He jumped out of bed and ran towards the shower. Youngbae was laughing from behind him.

Well, no one can make Kwon Jiyong move fast. No one, except for the-one-that's-always-been-away.

No one except Kim Taeyeon.

--------

Jiyong is already nine minutes late.

He entered the meeting room in haste that he even forgot to knock. His eyes, like a magnet, immediately landed on the only woman inside the room.

"I'm sorry, I'm late. Traffic."

Well, really. If it wasn't for the traffic, he woul've made it on time. He got dressed as fast as he can, it did not even take him 20 minutes, when usually, it takes him more than an hour to get dressed.

He looked the woman in the eyes, trying to get his apology across. He have said sorry to her many times. Most of them, she brushed away. Maybe this apology will also be one of the many apologies she ignored.

Jiyong clenches his jaw, trying not to let the thought affect him. This is not the time to be thinking about that. He needs to focus now.

But he can't help it. Kim Taeyeon still holds so much power over his whole being. Seeing her again made Jiyong feel like he's back from four years ago. When he first talked to her and realized how destructive Kim Taeyeon is.

And then the memory of two years ago flashed at the back of his mind.

"I believed you! But you were lying to me the whole time! How could you?!"

"Tae, listen---"

"Stop! I don't want to hear anymore of your lies. Get away from me!"

"Just listen to me first, please."

"No! Go away! I don't ever want to see you again, Kwon Jiyong!"

It's funny how Jiyong still remembers every second of that horrible night when he has been trying to forget it for two years.

He remembered how hard it was raining then. He remembered Zero barking so aggressively in the background while Kim Taeyeon shouts at him. He remembered almost begging her to let him explain. He remembered her kicking him out of her apartment. It was raining and he had to run under the pouring rain to get to his car. He remembered seeing Taeyeon's eyes wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter