Voice #1

The Voice of Korea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another urgent meeting has been called by the producers of The Voice of Korea and Taeyeon's starting to get annoyed by it. She has a lot of other things to do than just sit down on a meeting that would probably take three hours or more. What are they even going to discuss? Everything has been settled already. The screening has already begun. All the coaches have confirmed their casting for the show. What else is there to talk about?

As she sat on one of the chairs inside the meeting room, she couldn't help but huff in annoyance as she looked at the clock and realize that it's already 1:02 in the afternoon. The meeting was supposed to start at 1 o'clock sharp, but one of her co-coaches are not present yet.

Kim Taeyeon loathes it when people aren't on time.

And right now, the other coach, Dong Youngbae, is already 2...  no, 3 minutes late. She couldn't really loathe the guy though because he is her friend. She just hates that he has to be late when she needed him to be there. Everybody knows that Kim Taeyeon isn't a very social person and she feels really awkward to be sitting beside Yonghwa and Jun.K. At least if Taeyang was there, Taeyeon wouldn't feel so awkward anymore.

Nobody was even talking. She glanced on her right and almost gasped when her eyes met Jun. K's.

Ugh.

She immediately looked away.

He has been staring at her even from their last meeting together. She could feel it. And it's making her feel really conscious about herself. She was never really friendly with the 2PM boys. Even when her bestfriend, Tiffany, was in a relationship with Nichkhun, and both groups would hang out together, she would still keep to herself. She just never felt the need to be close to them. But now that she would be working with one, well...

Beside Jun. K sat Jung Yonghwa. He has always been quiet. Ever since the project started, in all the meetings they attended, Yonghwa would just stay in his seat and respond only when the producers ask him questions or suggestions. He's younger than her, and he'd smile whenever he sees her, so Taeyeon thinks she could at least get along with Yonghwa.

She really have no problem working with all three of them, even though Taeyang's really getting on her nerves right now for being late. She just wished she wasn't the only female coach on the show.

"Let's start the meeting."

Taeyeon frowned. Why would they start the meeting without waiting for Taeyang?

"Shouldn't we wait for Taeyang?"

The producer sighed. "That's what today's meeting will be all about."

Uh-oh. Taeyeon suddenly doesn't feel good about the situation.

"Taeyang won't be able to do the show anymore. He had some conflicts with his schedule and have more important things to attend to."

Well, that's a shame.

The top four entertainment company of South Korea have given one representative to be one of the show's coaches. Taeyeon from SM Entertainment. Jun K from JYP Entertainment. Yonghwa from FNC Entertainment. And supposedly, Taeyang from YG Entertainment.  But since he won't be able to join the show anymore, Taeyeon thought that there'd only be three coaches left since she doesn't think MNet still have the time to cast another coach.

Well, Taeyeon thought wrong.

She almost fell off her seat when someone she recognized too well entered the meeting room without knocking.

What the hell is he doing here?!

Her mind's going crazy thinking about the man who sat unceremoniously on the empty chair beside her that was supposed to be Taeyang's.

"I'm sorry, I'm late. Traffic."

The man said that while looking directly at her. As if he was saying sorry to her. Well, he does know how much she hates it when people are late. Taeyeon thought of those times in the past when they'd meet. He was always on time. Sometimes even an hour earlier than planned. Despite his busy schedules, he would always put her first.

Taeyeon cursed internally. It would not do well to think about those times now that the man was beside her. Besides, that was two years ago. Too long ago.

Still, she's not ready for this.

She's not ready to meet the man that caused her so much  pain. Kwon Jiyong. The G-Dragon.

"It's alright, G-Dragon-ssi. I was just telling them about Taeyang's situation." the producer then turned to all of the coach members. "G-Dragon would be taking Taeyang's place as the representative of YG."

Hell no.

Taeyeon paled at the news. There's no way in hell she'd work with Kwon Jiyong. Absolutely not.

"Excuse me for a minute."  Taeyeon stood up. She suddenly felt suffocated and wanted to leave the room.

"Why? We're in the middle of a meeting, Miss Kim."

Taeyeon glared at the man beside him who had the audacity to call her out and ask why she wanted to be excused.

'It's because I can't stomach your presence, you moron,' Taeyeon thought. She couldn't say that outloud though so she raised her phone and faked a smile.

"I have a phone call."

"I didn't hear your phone ring though." This jerk.

"I have it on silent mode."

Taeyeon could've gotten away with that excuse. Unluckily for her, Hyoyeon decided to call her on that exact moment and her ringtone echoed in the entire room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter