Voice #3

The Voice of Korea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwon Jiyong is driving Kim Taeyeon nuts.

She just arrived back in her apartment after the press conference and she daringly opened her instagram. As expected, her tagged corner is full of the photo of Kwon Jiyong holding her.

She's enraged. How dare he even touch her? And in front of a hundred cameras and reporters too!

"I'm sorry. I just... uh, the press are closing in on us and... well..."

Taeyeon scoffed. He is always sorry. Always just sorry. She didn't need his protection, anyway. She's used to people crowding up on her. She's been in the entertainment industry in almost a decade, for heaven's sake! She can take a few jabs.  Besides---

"Kim Taeyeon, explain yourself."

Uh-oh.

Taeyeon slowly turned her head towards the kitchen where the voice came from.

And there stood the lovely girls of SNSD, glaring so fiercely at her.

All eight of them.

She gulped. Now, this is gonna be messy.

Jessica stepped in front of her. "Why in the world didn't you tell us that you'd be working with that jerkface Kwon Jiyong, huh?"

"Why are you even working with him?!" Tiffany bellowed. You can see the rage in the girl's eyes and Taeyeon is starting to get scared.

The girls hate Kwon Jiyong.

Well, they liked him before. But Kwon Jiyong messes it all up and now the girls wanted to murder him.  No one can blame them. Kwon Jiyong hurts their precious leader so badly, and they won't allow him to just leave unscathed. Hyoyeon and Sooyoung almost went hunting for a warlock. They wanted to curse the guy to live his life alone for eternity. Of course, the kind Kim Taeyeon stopped them. She wouldn't wish loneliness for anyone. That doesn't mean the girls would stop taking revenge for their leader though.

Absolutely not.

Whenever they see Kwon Jiyong out on a date with someone, be it another celebrity or not, they'd enter the scene and spew horrible things about the guy. Most of them are not even true, but the girl wouldn't know that. If they can't curse Kwon Jiyong to be alone, they'd do the works themselves.

Sometimes, they get a little too childish too. One time, Yuri intentionally spilled some juice on Kwon Jiyong's shirt during an awards show. She got pissed though when she found out that the man has an extra shirt, so she spilled juice on that too. Another time, it was Yoona, she stepped on the guy's foot with her pointed heels and said  Ooops didn't see you there when the guy screamed in pain. The most childish one though is when they saw Kwon Jiyong's Bentley on the parking lot of MBC. Sunny took the liberty of giving the car some tiny (not really) scratches. She even made some hearts and flower scratches on it. And an GTH GD Oppa <3 doodle on the hood. What is GTH, though, Lee Soonkyu?

It could be Go To Hell. It could be not.

They never let Taeyeon know of their actions though. Kim Taeyeon would absolutely scold them for it. The woman was too kind-hearted for her own good.

They eventually stopped doing those actions, anyway. Kwon Jiyong wasn't making any effort into being in Taeyeon's life again, so that's good.

But then The Voice of Korea happened and the girls are outraged once again.

Why would Taeyeon even agree to work with that guy?

They only found out about it when their manager showed them the viral photo circulating online and to say that they're pissed is an understatement. They're mad. They're angry. Absolutely enraged!

"I'm calling Uncle Sooman. You're pulling out of the show, Kim Taeyeon." Sunny said firmly.

"What?! Don't be ridiculous, guys---"

"Ridiculous?! WE are being ridiculous?! Kim Taeyeon, do you even hear yourself?" Tiffany Hwang looked incredulously at the woman in front of her. "Why would you even associate yourself with that man again?"

"I thought I'd be working with Taeyang!"

"But you're not!"

"I didn't know that when I accepted to be part of the show!"

"And?!" Hyoyeon was the one shouting now. "When you found out that that man would be replacing Youngbae? Why didn't you pull out immediately?"

"I already signed the contract!"

"Bull!" Yuri slammed the kitchen counter. She was pissed. No one among the girls wanted their leader to be in any contact with that man again. There's no way in hell they'll let that Kwon Jiyong have a hold on their leader again.

No freaking way.

"Don't use the contract as an excuse, Kim Taeyeon because we all know that any of us can buy that contract off anytime we want. Anytime you want!"

Kim Taeyeon opened to say something but no words came out. She was cornered and she's just starting to realize how angry her members are. She shoul've known the weight of their anger when she saw Tiffany and Jessica.

Tiffany flew all the way back from America while Jessica, who had tons of meetings to attend to everyday is now glaring at her in her apartment.

Worst of all, Taeyeon couldn't even defend herself or justify her actions. She doesn't even know the answer to all the questions they're throwing her.

"Unnies, I think you should give Taeyeon-unnie a moment to talk. I'm sure she has her own reason for working with GD-oppa."

Yoona rolled her eyes. "Oh, please, Seohyun. Don't call that man Oppa or even say his name."

"Yah, Im Yoona. He's older than you. Show some respect."

"I would never respect the man who disrespected you, Unnie."

"Girls, please... "

Tiffany sighed. "Alright, let's all calm down and talk about this like adults" As much as she hate the current situation, she also doesn't like seeing her best friend look so helpless. She made a mental note to talk to her in private later.

Besides, nobody knows Kim Taeyeon like Tiffany Hwang does. And right now, she could see that the woman was just as confused as they were. Maybe even more.

"We just don't understand, Taeyeon. Make us understand. You have all the means to back out of the show if you really wanted to. That fact that you didn't... just tell us why."

Sooyoung have been keeping her silence all along. She was quietly observing their leader, waiting for her to say something that would justify why she'd allow herself to work with the man who broke her and not tell them about it. But her patience is starting to ebb as Taeyeon kept mum.

She wanted an explanation. And an explanation she'd get.

"You actually wanted to have him around again, don't you?"

"What- no! Of course not!"

"Kim Taeyeon, are you not over him?"

"I am!"

"Really? Because it doesn't seem like it."

"I'm over him, okay?! I have been for years!"

"Then get away from him!"

"I can't!"

"Why not?!"

"Because when I saw him, that's when I felt like a human again!"

That silenced everyone.

"All these time, I've been living without feeling anything. You all know that. All eight of you. Sometimes, I don't even feel like I exist anymore because I just can't feel anything, and I..."

"You what? When you saw him, you felt alive? Are you going to tell us you needed him to feel alive, huh, Kim Taeyeon?"

Jessica Jung is hopping mad. She have wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter