Voice #4

The Voice of Korea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jun K was so sure that there's something going on between his two co-coaches.

After a whole week of blind auditions, the tension between Girls' Generation's Kid Leader and Big Bang's Kwon Leader is too thick, it's almost tangible.

It was disconcerting, to say the least. Even the staff have been talking about the two and how they seem to be competing with each other. Jun K was certain that the director will have a hard time editing out the occasional glares and scoffs thrown between the two.

They aren't even trying to hide their distaste towards each other. And it's starting to affect Jun K. For the whole week, he's been trying to get the attention of the small leader of the nation's girl group, but the woman seems to always be too busy plotting ways to kill G-Dragon.

Jun K likes Kim Taeyeon. He always have. Ever since Girls' Generation debuted, she have been the apple of his eye.  He never had the guts to approach her before though. For some reason, he always gets too nervous around Kim Taeyeon. Besides, there's really nothing for him to say if he really does talk to her. So, you could only imagine the glee he felt when he found out that he'd be working with the woman of his dreams. It was like his heart suddenly screamed "Finally!"

But it's been a week of trying to get her attention, and he still gets nowhere.

It's starting to frustrate the usually calm Jun K. Even more when it got too apparent to him that G-Dragon was preventing him to get any closer to Kim Taeyeon.

It's too obvious now.

Whenever he tries to talk to Taeyeon, G-Dragon would do something to annoy the woman, thus taking her attention away from him.

He wanted so badly to know if there was something between the two but they created a huge ball of do-not-ask aura around them so no one really had the guts to ask.

Well, Jun K had to know.

If he was to pursue Taeyeon, he wanted no one else coming his way anymore.

No one.

Not even the G-Dragon

-----------

Well, the dragon was pissed.

There's something in the way Jun K looks at Taeyeon that he doesn't like. It's none of his business, sure, but it's kind of disturbing seeing your two co-coaches flirt in front of you. They were working, and G-Dragon thinks that it is very unprofessional to combine work with personal matters.

Who does that?

Totally not him.

He does not mix work with his personal life at all.

Mostly because his personal life is kind of avoiding him. Also because that personal life is still mad at him, apparently.

He's not saying that Kim Taeyeon is his personal life but well, it's something close to that.

The woman has been a part of his life for two years. Four years, if you include the past two years that he spent pining for her.

He scoffed. Pining. G-Dragon never pines for anyone. But then Kim Taeyeon happened to him and he was left gasping for air whenever he sees her.

But that was then.

He leaned back on his red chair and blew off the hair covering his eyes. He made a mental note to have it cut later.

He doubt he'd remember it though.

He isn't a very organized person. He had no problem with it four years ago, when she was here.

She seems to always know how to keep his entire life in order.

"Oh my god, Ji. Almost everything here in your fridge has gone way past the expiration date."

G-Dragon was setting up the movie they were gonna watch but the frustration on the woman's voice made him stand up and walk over to her. "What's up?"

The woman was dumping every content of the fridge on the nearest bin with a frown on her face. She crossed her arms and faced him. "Seriously, how could you live like this?"

"Like what?" G-Dragon was amused. He likes it whenever the woman fuss over him. And right now, he was so sure that he's about to get a good scolding again.

He doesn't even mind.

"Yah, I threw away everything from your fridge. Do you not realize how much of a waste that was?"

"Uh... no?"

"Seriously, stop buying foods if you only intend for them to rot in your fridge. Do you even eat here?"

"Maybe twice a month? You know how it is, Tae. We're barely home."

"So, stop buying foods in bulk! Aigoo."

"Alright, alright. I'd stop wasting foods and just buy what I need from now on. Is that okay?"

"Yes."

"Do we still have some popcorn, at least?"

"Yes."

"Can I go back to setting up the movie now?"

"Yes."

"Can I have a kiss first?"

"No."

"Oh, come on." G-Dragon whined. "Just one. Please?"

"Stop it, Kwon Jiyong, I swear to you, I'll leave you here to watch that horror film alone."

"I was just asking for a friendly kiss."

"Nothing's ever friendly with a kiss with you, shush!"

"Just agree to be my girlfriend already then. So we can have not-so-friendly kisses." 

"Ew, you ! Just go set up that movie!"

"Ouch." He playfully placed both of his hands over his chest. "Dumped by Kim Taeyeon for the hundredth time."

"Hundred and one, actually."

"Heartbreaker."

"Earn it, Ji. Earn it."

He sighed.

He was just about to earn it. He was almost there.

But then things like Lee Jooyeon happened and everything just went crumbling down. His almost with Kim Taeyeon turned into nothing at all.

If he's being honest, he'd say that the whole week spent working with her is the most tiring work he has ever done in his entire career. Not only is it physically tiring, but mostly, it is mentally exhausting.

He's depleted. Kim Taeyeon is being a pain in the with her constant snide comments and f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter