Fight Fire with Fire

Jeongyeon's Bizarre Adventure

Jeongyeon awoke to hell.

Everywhere she looked, flames were roaring as burning chunks fell around her. It was unbearably hot, the heat making her limbs more lethargic as she tried to sit up. All she saw was a short man with black hair in a suit and a bandana around his lower face. He held a futuristic rifle as long as his arm with the look of white plastic reflecting the flames around them. He pulled the trigger and a small inferno plumed out of the black tip of the rifle. 

“I finally got you alone.” His voice was muffled by the bandana, his rifle taking aim. “Now I can keep your friends out and keep your blood.”

“Yes!” 

The saxophone Stand materialized and punched the fire from the rifle. Golden flames engulfed the projectile, burning out the flames. The man took a step back in surprise.

“What?!” He growled before shoving the tip of his rifle into the ground. “BULTAOREUNAE!”

The rifle glowed green before the ground rumbled beneath Jeongyeon. Cracks appeared in the floor before they burst. Green fire reached out from the gaps in the floor, hungering for more fuel. The cracks surged to Jeongyeon, the flames following behind.

The woman turned over on all fours and ran away. Her escape was blocked by burning debris, but Yes appeared to punch out the burning fire with its golden flames. Jeongyon vaulted over it once the fires were extinguished, but before she could land on her feet, the debris exploded. She could feel the shock flow through her body as the blast propelled her forward, causing her to land on her side. Pain coursed through her body as she propped herself up on one arm. She looked up to see the man with the bandanna walk closer. Every so often he shot his flamethrower into the air to spread the inferno further.

“With your blood,” he muttered. “We can keep our territories from scum like you.”

Suddenly a quick memory fluttered into Jeongyeon’s memory. She pulled a fist back, causing Yes to appear and do the same. Small golden beams flowed from the tubes on Yes’s arms as they gathered right in front of its fist into an orb of golden flames. The woman and the stand punched, causing the orb to fly towards the man. It was slow, slow enough for the man to laugh as he held his flamethrower with both hands and fire quick spurt of flames at it once it was a couple of feet away. Both of them heard a loud crack of glass, and suddenly a wall of flames appeared and filled the hallway. The man screamed in shock as the wall blanketed him, burning his clothes and engulfing him in red hot fires.

“Heh,” Jeongyeon laughed a quick huff through the pain. “Thank you Momo and Sana…”

The masked man couldn’t get pat away the flames, no matter how many times he patted them. He ran through the hallway, trying to find a source of water or a thick blanket. Jeongyeon watched as him turn a corner, sighing and shaking her heard.

I wonder when he’ll find out it’s his own fire-

Suddenly thuds echoed from the corner the man ran to. The fire from the ceiling and across the hall died down, leaving behind charred marks on the hallway and opening to the floor above. Several footsteps followed, and Jeongyeon smiled as she saw Mina turned the corner and ran towards her. The younger member hugged her to help lift her up.

“Unnie!” Mina tightened her embrace on all of Jeongyeon’s pain. “We thought we lost you!”

“Th-that’s good,” the older woman grunted. “Thanks for helping me stand, but I- but I feel like I’m dying more from- more from your h- hug.”

“Oh!” Mina let go and instead wrapped Jeongyeon’s arm over her shoulder. “Sorry!”

“That’s better.” Jeongyeon leaned into the support as Dahyun caught up to the two of them. “What happened? I out and when I came to the world was on fire.”

“The rest of BTS arrived,” Dahyun explained. “They chased us out. Momo-unnie tried carrying you and Sana, but then Sana woke up and that accidentally knocked you out of unnie’s arms, and then suddenly fire spread and cut us off.”

“I got him.” Momo scowled as she held the man from earlier by the hair with his clothes blackened but skin still pristinely pale. “He was on fire, but when I punched him the fire went out.”

Sana pulled off the partially burnt bandana and gasped at the face behind it.

“Suga!” Sana exclaimed. “It’s BTS’s Suga!”

“We can see that, Sana.” Mina pats the older girl’s head. “Question is where are the rest of the members.”

“The Wall!” Dahyun called out her stand as it covered her eyes. “They’re probably looking for us, splitting off to make it easier.”

“Then we don’t have much time to leave,” Jeongyeon grunted. “Let’s get out of here.”

But as they made their move, they hear footsteps coming from both sides of the hallway.


A/N: Inspiration and motivation at an all time low