Rage Against the Wall

Jeongyeon's Bizarre Adventure

“RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE! SCREW YOU, YOU WENCH!”

Jeongyeon and Mina watched as the man in front of them flailed wildly on the wrestling mat. He was throwing punches and balls of light that whimsically whizzed away in erratic direction, illuminating the dark indoor gym. They noticed that his eyes, instead of having white sclera and pupils, showed the multicolored image that was usually shown when TVs lost their signal.

“I’ll get you, even if I can’t see you I’ll pummel you!”

“Should we just leave J-Hope be?” Mina finally whispered to the older member. “He seems a bit preoccupied.”

“I’ll beat you and your, ‘the Wall’!”

“Is this the work of another Stand user?” Jeongyeon looked back to make sure they weren’t being watched, but all the corners of the room were too dark to make out. “We should be careful then, they could be coming back at any moment.”

They both felt a sharp pain at the back of their heads, causing their vision to blacken. All sight lines were filled with television static, before the picture focused. No matter where they look, or how it feels like their eyeballs moved, they were stuck on the same moving picture of the backs of two women. Jeongyeon turned, and saw herself do the same but from the point of view that’s behind her.

“What the-?!”

When she turned to face the picture she saw herself turn. Mina did so too, and both of them could clearly see the same multicolored image in J-Hope’s eyes. In the back, they saw J-Hope stop, before he cautiously turned around.

“Hah, TWICE are here?!” He was still turning around, trying to orient himself with the point of view. “Looks like you’re to my right!”

With a wide swing of his arms, he directed the balls of light from before towards the perspective. Jeongyeon and Mina jumped forward, only to crash into what felt like little pillars that moved from their weight. The view rocked, before tipping forward and falling onto Jeongyeon’s back, face down into the ground. It was darkness again, but the sound of the rushing was followed with thuds as they heard the lights bounce off the rubber flooring.

“Huh, so it’s just a phone?”

The picture turned to static before it changed to another perspective.

Just as J-Hope turned to find the angle, the picture changed again.

He didn’t get to move before it switched to another view.

Their sights changed again through statics and different views, as if they were channel surfing. They caught glimpses of hallways, two bodies against a broken wall, someone carrying a body over their shoulder, themselves, J-Hope, and they swore they landed on a pair of soft lips smiling against a very pale background.

“Grrahk!”

The channel suddenly changed to a selfie view over someone’s sea green hair as a foot stretched out behind them. J-Hope was down with his balls of light around him, but he quickly turned to the direction of the camera and threw one of the orbs. The camera swayed to the side as the light moved past, its illumination just barely brushing past a pale shoulder before the view focused onto J-Hope.

“This is fun,” a familiar, smooth voice said. “Good thing I can finally show off ‘the Wall’ after all these years.”

The view rushed, going upward before a pair of legs appeared from beneath and stomped onto the BTS dancer’s torso. He screamed, writhing beneath the trendy white sneakers as they squirmed over his potentially broken ribs. He threw every ball of light, which upon closer inspection were a bunch of small golden tigers, towards the legs. They jumped again, before one of them quickly landed onto J-Hope’s face. Scarlet liquid stained the white sole of the sneakers as the man shouted obscenities into the darkness. His stand disappeared just as the image turned to static.

“Iglooghost!”

Jeongyeon’s head spun as the world came back into view. The nausea brought her to her knees as she screwed her eyes shut. Never before has she welcomed the darkness this much. She heard a grunt and a rough thud, followed by a small thump. The woman opened her eyes to see a familiar member lying down on her back with her arms and legs in the air. Her face looks strained, as if she’s trying to keep her limbs up, or even trying to pull them down.

“Dahyun?!” Jeongyeon looked to Mina in confusion. “Why the hell is she-?!”

She then saw Mina’s penguin Stand hovering beside her. The younger member’s phone was in her hands as she held it like a video game controller while her Stand was holding an actual controller. From both devices was a glowing, red wire that ran along to Dahyun’s scalp. The glow was pulsing like a heartbeat before it lit up, causing Dahyun to stand stiffly, her arms were swinging limply as she tried to using only her legs. Jeongyeon saw Mina’s thumbs move dexterously while this happened.

“N-not funny, Mina-unnie!” Dahyun yelled as she swayed drunkenly. “You can let go now!”

“Since when did you awaken your power?” Mina’s eyes narrowed. “First J-Hope, now you!”

Dahyun bit her bottom lip as she smirked. Blood poured from where the canine pierced the skin. Jeongyeon winced at the sight.

“Answer me!”

The spiritual wire sparked, forcing Dahyun onto her knees as the younger member looked up with a look of defiance.

“There’s a whole network of us,” Dahyun gritted. “Loose groups starting a couple months ago. All K-pop idols, from around town. W-We didn’t know either of you had any powers so w-we kept it a secret!”

“And here, I thought Korea wouldn’t get hit with the wave for a few years.” Mina swiped her thumbs on her phone, causing Dahyun to stand up again. “Alright, get in your Stand and check the perimeter, because I’m assuming it looks through cameras. If you do anything sudden, I’m going to freeze you with Iglooghost and let Jeongyeon use you as her punching bag. Got it?!”

“Y-Yes, unnie!” The wire disappeared from Dahyun’s scalp, causing her to stand up straight and for a stone-faced man in a tuxedo with a camcorder prop hat to materialize. “The Wall!”

They both saluted, but the Stand held its hat to adjust the lens. Dahyun’s eyes phased into the rainbow-barred screen as she moved her vision to the different cameras in the building. The pale girl quickly ran to pick up her phone before she froze.
“Sana and Momo are here!”

“That’s fine,” Mina reassured. “They’re with us.”

“Oh no.”

“What is it?”

“The rest of BTS are here,” Dahyun announced. “And they’re picking up the two that fell earlier.”

“Tch- CHINCHIN!”

Everyone turned and saw a body flying in their direction. Jeongyeon panicked, causing Yes to appear and punch it. One of the nozzles near Jeongyeon’s arms ignited, coating its arms in flames that transferred to the body. It flew, only to quickly disappear in golden flames.

“KUSO!” Jeongyeon watched as Momo sprinted. “That was Sana, bakaero!”

“What?!”

The second eldest member covered herself with her arms as her Stand raised its arms, revving flames from its buttons. A small ball of flames appeared at head height, and before Momo could land a punch Jeongyeon felt an even heavier weight fall on her. She fell back, feeling warm blood seeping onto her clothes. She looked down, the sight of Sana’s severely injured body freezing her.

“Momo, wait-!”

She then felt an intense pain before the world returned black.