Five

Black Soul

Yoohye;; POV

I refused to see the fact that I could never have you. You were too lost in that world. That world of pain. Were you happy in that state? Your smile lit up my dark world. Though, you engulfed that happiness at once. You couldn’t stand the sight of me being happy, right?

Why couldn’t my feelings be mirrored. Why couldn’t you feel the same?

Did you know that it hurt when your hand connected with my cheek? I mistook it. I should’ve realized then. That it doesn’t stop with just one blow. But you apologized. Each time you would apologize and give me that reassuring smile of yours. I were stupid - no, lovestruck. Being in love makes you ignorant to the world. I’ve taken notice of that now.

Foolishly I stayed. You needed me, so I stayed. At least I weren’t meaningless. You did what you wanted, and all that because I let you. I loved you. I still love you. My heart is still lingering around you, it’s imprisoned together with you. But I don’t need it, not anymore. You made sure of that. You made sure that my heart became useless for an eternity. So take my scarred heart and use it some more.

My tear-stained cheeks were a constant sight.

Your lips were sealed when I said that I loved you. Why couldn’t you just lie and say the same?

You played a character in front of your friends. The personality displayed weren’t you. It was all fake, wasn’t it? But I couldn’t erase you from me. The roots of you were too deeply planted in my heart. Everything happened so fast, yet so slow. You had me in a grasp and I couldn’t escape, not before it was too late. I thought falling in love would be amazing. Though, it was the complete opposite. I think. I don’t know anymore.

Unconditionally, that’s how I wanted you to love me.

For me, you were more than enough. I didn’t need anything else but you. Was that too much to ask for?

I couldn’t save you, and you couldn’t save me. The the yin-and-yang formula didn’t work for us. I fed you the happiness and you eagerly engulfed it. I gave you my all. I gave you my whole life, and you destroyed it in the palm of your hand. I fell and landed hard. Was my ideal love too difficult? Did
I ruin us, or did you do that?

Our love, did you even believe in it?

Did you only pretend so that you could continue with the torture?