Three

Black Soul

Yoohye;; POV

Every day was an on-going war. A constant struggle. I understand that now, but not then. You shot me down like a soldier, and I would fall deep. But at least I weren’t worthless. You didn’t even try to push me away. Instead did you only draw me closer. It came to a point where I thought I would drown in my own misery. But I never wanted to be without you, and that came with a price.

Do you know that your voice would echo in my dreams?

They weren’t nightmares, nor where they happy dreams. Honestly, I don’t know what they were. But it hadn’t made any difference. I simply wanted you too much to care for the warning signals. And maybe I deserved my fate because of that. Your features shouldn't even have been admirable. Yet, I stayed by your side like a lost puppy.

I didn’t care what other people told me. But I don’t regret it. I can’t.

I were too pitiful. Was that the reason to why you picked me? It was all a lie, wasn’t it? I don’t want to believe that. I’m never going to. You loved me, right? You had to, right? Or was the pain that I emitted the only thing you loved? Did you even care the slightest when my heart trembled in doubt? I can’t answer any of those questions because I don’t know. I will never know.

I only want to remember us, those happy moments of just us.

You may have stolen everything for me, almost. There’s this one thing that you’ll never be able to take, and that’s my undying love for you. Even if I try I can never forget you. Are you happy even-though I’m not there anymore? I’m not present to satisfy those needs of yours.

Because of you I lost everything but you. You’re still engraved into my heart for an infinity of time. Just like I know you wanted. Though, did I have the same affect on you? Do I have a spot in your wounded heart? It’s quite clear that you are in pain. I couldn’t see it back then. How broken you actually was. I was ignorant and oblivious to your suffering. If that’s what one would call it. You were - are sick.

Do you know that I, in the midst of it all, never stopped believing in you. I never stopped believing in
our love.