Threat

Together stronger


I would do it today, I would tell everyone the truth and if they don't like it then tough, I was the Alpha, I should be able to make my own decisions.
I cleared my throat and only Taehyung turned to face me.
'Namjoon where have you been' an elder asked me 'we need you, there's an enemy encroaching on our lands and threatening us'
'What? Why?'
'They heard we had a new Alpha and want to challenge us, this is the way it's usually done, packs take over each other when the transition is still in progress and the other pack is thought to be vunerable' replied Taehyung, he was so wise,why wasn't he Alpha instead of me, he knew so much more.
I felt sick, I closed my eyes and dropped to my knees.
'Give him some room, move it!'I heard Taehyung's voice and felt him pull me to my feet 'come on, let's get you outta here' he said quietly and I let him pull me away.
'I can't do this Tae' I said when we were alone'I can't, I'm not ready, I don't know what I'm doing, what if something goes wrong? It'll be my fault, how am I meant to deal with that?'
'Hey, calm down, you can do this, you're stronger than you think and you have me by your side, and Seokjin too, we got your back'
It was as if Taehyung had some sort of super power in being able to make me feel better about myself'
'I won't leave you Namjoon' he said 'I promise you that'
'I know, thank you Taehyung' he smiled and winked.
Maybe we could do this after all.

SEOKJIN'S POV
'We might have to wait a little longer to tell everyone' Namjoon explained everything that had happened since we had left each other.
'I understand love,it can wait, your duty to the pack should come first' I kissed him.
'Nothing will ever be as important to me as you' he replied before kissing me back'I'm doing this for us, you know that right?'
I nodded 'of course I do, now go, and come back to me safe'
He kissed me once more before phasing and running off to join the others.
My position in the pack meant that I was unable to go and do stuff like this and I felt awful that Namjoon had to do it alone, but he had Taehyung with him, they'd be okay.
I wanted to do my part to help, after all it was my pack too but instead all I could do was stay behind and worry about whether or not they would come back safely.
He would be fine though, I knew he would be, he was brave and strong, he was perfect.
All would be well.

NAMJOON'S POV
I was kind of glad that Seokjin wouldn't be around for this, I needed to focus and if he was here then I would spend the entire time worrying if he was okay, at least this way I knew he was alright.
I did feel sorry for him too though, he wanted to be here, I could tell, he wanted to be able to help defend his home and family like the rest of us.
I looked over to Taehyung who smiled at me before phasing himself.
'Let's do this' I heard his voice in my head.