Chapter VI

Two Lips From Amsterdam

 

📍Amsterdam, Netherlands 🇳🇱

 

Jennie: LET ME GO KAI!

Kai: You're being irrational. Let's talk this out. I'll explain everything. 

Jennie tries to yank her arm away from the tight grip Kai had on her but to no avail. 

Jennie: I saw you kiss her! How are you going to explain that?!

Kai: She was the one who kissed me!

Jennie shakes her head as tears fell from her eyes. 

Jennie: We both know that isn't true. It's not the first time I've seen you with her Jongin. And it's definitely not the first time you've done something like this. 

Kai ruffles his hair in frustration as he feels his patience beginning to run thin. His grip on her arm tightens as the tiny brunette releases a yelp of pain. 

Kai: I told you that what you saw wasn't true! Why won't you believe me?!

Jennie: I've had enough of this Jongin. I can't do this anymore.

Jennie was about to pull her arm away when Kai yanks her back and pushes her roughly against the wall of the apartment. 

Kai: You're not leaving this apartment until we sort things out!

Tears brim within the brunette's eyes due to the pain as she struggles against Kai's strong hold on her.

Jennie: Let me go! You're hurting me!

Kai's face slightly softens despite still holding Jennie firmly against the wall.

Kai: I love you Jen. I would never hurt you. You know I love you too much to do that. Let's calm down okay?

Jennie's lips form a thin line as she remains silent. She can't let herself be swayed again. She told Lisa that she would end things with Kai for good this time.

Jennie: I love you too. But this... us... I can't handle it anymore. You've changed. We've changed. 

Kai keeps his gaze fixated on Jennie as he uses his hand to force the latter to look at him.

Kai: You're wrong Jen. Nothing has changed. I still love you and you still love me. That's all that matters. We're still in love Jennie. You can't just walk away. What will I do without you?

The brunette lightly jerks away her head from Kai's grip and allows it to drop as she looks towards the ground.

Jennie: You always do this Jongin. We've been through this so many times already. Time and time again you've let me down; and time and time again I keep coming back to you. You didn't even listen to me when I told you that I didn't want to take that job offer. Do my words mean nothing to you? Does my opinion not matter?

Kai heaves a sigh as lifts Jennie's chin up so that she was once again looking at him.

Kai: And I was wrong for doing that. I just wanted to do what was best for you.

Jennie: What's best for me, is for us to stop whatever this is. We're clearly not how we used to be. Let's end it here Jongin.

Kai shakes his head in defiance, and his grip tightens around Jennie's wrist.

Kai: We can't end it Jennie. I promise I'll change. I swear to you that I'll never see her again. I'll listen to you from now on. Don't leave me. 

A few tears slipped from Jennie's eyes at his words. No matter how hard she tried, she could never bring herself to stay mad at Jongin. 

He was her first crush, her first love, her first kiss, her everything. 

Kai moves his hand and brushes a strand of hair behind her ear as his eyes soften a bit more. 

Kai: I promise that this will be the last time alright? I won't do it again. I love you and only you. 

Tears streamed down Jennie's red cheeks as she found herself caught up in her boyfriend's vulnerable eyes. She hated herself for being so weak, so forgiving. 

Kai grabbed Jennie's face as he leans in and kissed her forehead. His demeanor wasn't as furious as it had been just a few moments ago. Right now he was the person who she had fallen in love with. 

Kai: Please Jennie. I can't live without you. Please don't leave me behind like how my parents left me. If you leave, I'll be all alone again. I can't live without you Jen. Please, just stay. I promise, I'll do better. 

After gazing deeply into Kai's eyes, Jennie felt the walls she had built up crumble down as she releases a defeated sigh.

Jennie: Okay.

The whisper of an answer soft and drained, but it was all it took to put a smile on Kai's face. 

Kai: I love you Jennie.

Jennie hesitated for a moment before replying to the boy in front of her.

Jennie: I love you too Jongin.

 

•••

 

Jennie woke up from her dream. Tears were streaming down her face as she raises her hands to wipe them away.

After all these years she was still having these dreams.

Shaking away her thoughts, she turned to look at the clock on her nightstand. 

'2:30 am'

Releasing a tired sigh, Jennie reaches over to turn on her lamp, knowing that she won't be able to fall asleep again. 

She gets out of bed and headed towards the kitchen for a glass of water.

The brunette was drinking her water when Lisa's voice echoed within the house. 

Lisa: You can't sleep again?

Jennie thought about lying to her, but she knew that lying to her best friend would be useless. Lisa always seemed to figure out whenever she was lying.

Jennie: Yeah.

The korean shrugs as she sets down the glass of water.

Jennie: I'm okay though. 

Lisa's expression falls a bit as she gazes at her best friend.

Lisa: You know you can always talk to me right? I know how hard it still is for you. And even though I want you to move on, I'm still here for you to talk to Nini. You don't have to pretend in front of me.

Jennie gives her a grateful smile as she returns a nod.

Jennie: I know. And I will talk to you if something is bothering me. But I'm fine, I promise.

Lisa pursed her lips, but nodded nonetheless. She knew how much Jennie hated talking about her nightmares.

So instead, the Thai decides to shift the conversation elsewhere. 

Lisa: How about we do a disney movie marathon instead? I can't sleep today either.

Jennie gives her best friend a grateful smile before replying.

Jennie: That sounds great.

 

•••

 

When Jennie had stepped out her front door that evening, she wasn't expecting to be greeted by Jisoo.

However here the raven stood, giving Jennie her infamous heart shaped smile as the brunette stares at her with a dumbfounded expression.

Jennie: I thought I told you not to pick me up.

Jisoo shrugs as she straightens her posture.

Jisoo: How could I let a beautiful girl like you drive all the way to a restaurant by herself? 

Jennie only rolled her eyes and made her past Jisoo.

Her hand reaches for the car door but it was quickly intercepted by Jisoo. The older girl flashes her a smile and opens the door.

Jisoo: I can't let a beautiful girl like you open her car door either. 

Jennie: You're unbelievable.

Without another word, Jennie enters the car and slams the door shut.

Jisoo only chuckles and makes her way over towards the driver's side.

The raven turns over and looks at the younger girl. She her head to the side and shoots the latter a teasing smirk.

Jisoo: Do you need me to put on your seatbelt as well Jennie?

Jennie looks down at her torso and realized that she had forgotten to put on her seatbelt. Sensing a light blush appearing on her face, the brunette turns towards the window and reaches for her seatbelt.

Jennie: I can do that myself.

Jisoo chuckles lightly before starting the engine. She spares Jennie one last glance before pulling out onto the road.

The two sat in silence for the first 10 minutes when Jisoo decided to speak up.

Jisoo: I'm sorry if I annoyed you by showing up at your house. I just wanted to show you my sincerity is all.

Jennie releases a sigh as she turns to look at Jisoo. 

Jennie: I'm not annoyed.

Jisoo: Then why aren't you speaking to me?

Jennie leans back in her seat as she shrugs her shoulders.

Jennie: You just surprised me I guess. I just don't like it when people don't listen to what I say. And when you showed up even though I told you not to... it just reminded me of someone.

After listening to Jennie, Jisoo stayed silent for a few moments causing the younger to think that she had decided to not respond. 

However to Jennie's amazement, Jisoo suddenly pulls over.

Jennie turns towards the older girl to find the raven was staring intently at her.

Jisoo: I'm sorry if it seemed like I didn't respect your decision. But the reason I came to pick you up was because the weather said that it might rain later. I didn't want you to drive home in the rain. 

Jisoo pauses for a second before continuing.

Jisoo: I wanted to let you know that I'll never make you suffer Jennie. I believe that you're someone who should be treated with respect and care. Disrespecting you would be the last thing I'd want to do.  I'm sorry if i came off as kind of controlling. 

Jennie's heart swelled with warmth as she listens to Jisoo's words. The raven had managed to prove Jennie wrong once again through her sincere actions. 

No one has ever made her feel like this before. For the first time in her life, she felt like she actually mattered

Jennie: You didn't do anything wrong Jisoo. I should be the one to apologize. I'm sorry for mistaking your actions. I was being over sensitive.

Jisoo returns the brunette a small smile. 

Jisoo: So you're not mad anymore? 

Jennie shakes her head.

Jennie: No. I'm grateful. 

Jisoo releases an exaggerated gasp as she cupped her hand around .

Jisoo: That must be the first nice thing you've ever said to me.

Jennie lightly shoves the older girl's shoulder, her lips forming into a pout.

Jennie: Yah, be serious. I'm being sincere here.

Jisoo chuckles lightly before quickly replacing it with a forced stoic expression.

Jisoo: I'm so serious. 

Jennie bursts into a first of giggles at the sound of the raven's cute accent. Jisoo's lips form into a smile  knowing that she had managed to make the younger girl laugh. 

Jisoo: Shall we get going now?

Jennie ceases her laughter and nodded in agreement.

Jennie: Let's do that. I'm starting to get hungry. 

Jisoo smiles before restarting the engine. Her heart flutters as she thought back to the sound of Jennie's laugh that sounded like music to her ears.

She would give anything to hear the sound of the brunette's laugh everyday. 

Sneaking a glance towards the younger girl, Jisoo knew that was already head over heels for the pretty brunette. 

She hasn't felt this way with anyone ever since she had broken up with Seulgi. At that moment, Jisoo decided that she was gonna wait for Jennie no matter how long it takes. 

 

•••

 

Jisoo pulls into Jennie's driveway. After turning off the engine, she glances at her windshield to see that the rain was still pouring down relentlessly.

Jisoo: It's still raining pretty hard. You should hurry inside. And take my umbrella with you too.

Jennie: What about you?

Jisoo: I'll be fine. Plus it'll probably stop raining by the time I get home anyways.

Jennie frowns as she glances at the rain.

Jennie: Are you sure?

Jisoo returns the younger girl a reassuring nod before reaching behind her for the umbrella.

Jisoo: I'll be fine.

Jennie takes the umbrella from Jisoo's hand before giving the raven a warm smile. 

Jennie: Thank you for today Jisoo. I had a great time.

Jisoo leans back in her seat, a teasing smile playing on her lips.

Jisoo: Did I manage to make your heart waver Jennie Kim?

Jennie rolled her eyes and shook her head.

Jennie: You're impossible.

Jisoo chuckles before nodding her head towards the door.

Jisoo: You should head inside now. 

Jennie smiles warmly at Jisoo before opening the car door. After stepping outside, she spares Jisoo one last glance.

Jennie: Drive safe.

Jisoo: I will. Goodnight Jennie.