Chapter V

Two Lips From Amsterdam

 

📍Amsterdam, Netherlands 🇳🇱

 

Jennie: You guys are what?!

Chaeyoung and Lisa shares a glance as Jennie and Jisoo both stared at them with wide eyes.

Lisa: We're engaged.

Jisoo: Wahhh!

Jisoo started clapping in excitement while Jennie was still in shock with the sudden news.

Jisoo: Park Chaeyoung, you didn't even tell me about this.

The Australian's face turns into a bright red as she grabbed onto Lisa's hand.

Chaeyoung: It was all pretty sudden unnie. I mean, neither of us were planning for it to happen. It just... happened.

Jisoo chuckles as she shook her head.

Jisoo: I'm happy for you guys. Never knew you had it in you Park Chaeyoung. Just a few weeks ago you were talking about how scared you were to tell Lisa that you love her. And now she's your fiancée!

The young couple laughed at Jisoo's words before turning to stare into each other's eyes.

Chaeyoung: I guess it was pretty silly of me to be so scared about it. 

Jennie frowns as she contemplated on her thoughts.

Jennie: Are you guys sure about this? I mean marriage is a big deal, and you've only known each other for 8 months. Have you discussed everything?

Lisa glances over towards Jennie as she signals for Chaeyoung to let her speak.

Lisa: We're sure about this unnie. I've been thinking about this for awhile now. There's no other person I could possibly want to be with beside Chaeyoung.

Despite the younger's assurance, Jennie's frown still remains.

Jennie: I just don't want you guys to get hurt or regret anything.

Chaeyoung gives Jennie a small smile as she intertwines her hand with Lisa's.

Chaeyoung: I know that Lisa is your best friend, and you have every reason to be worried about her Jennie Unnie. But I promise you that I really do love her. And I won't ever regret my decision of asking her to marry me.

Lisa smiles blissfully as she listens to Chaeyoung's words. She takes a glance at her best friend and was relieved to see that her fiancée's words have been able to relieve the older girl from her doubts.

Jennie's lips form into a small smile as the worry slowly eases off her shoulders.

Jennie: I'm happy for you guys. Really. I'm glad that you had found each other.

Jisoo nodded in agreement to Jennie's words. A bright smile was spread across her heart shaped lips due to the happiness that she felt for her best friend.

Jisoo: Jennie is right. There is no one else that I could possibly ever want Chaeyoung to be with. 

Lisa and Chaeyoung smiled at the two older girls, happy that they supported their marriage.

Lisa: Thanks guys.

Chaeyoung: It means a lot to us. 

Jisoo wiggles her eyebrows teasingly as she points a finger at Chaeyoung.

Jisoo: I was thinking that you could name your mini Chaelisa after me.

Chaeyoung's face turns a bright shade of red as Lisa choked on her drink.

Chaeyoung: Yah Jisoo! We're I'm not even married yet!

Jisoo winks before shooting the Australian her infamous lopsided grin.

Jisoo: You will soon Chaengie. 

Chaeyoung starts to fan herself out of embarrassment as Lisa silently smiles to herself. With just the thought of marrying the strawberry blonde next to her caused her heart to beat uncontrollably.

Jennie rolled her eyes despite her lips twitching up into a small smile due to Jisoo's antics.

Jennie: You're impossible.

Jisoo chuckles as she turns to look at the brunette sitting next to her.

Jisoo: You're beautiful.

The older girl's words shocked the entire table. While Jennie was blushing profusely, Chaeyoung and Lisa were secretly fangirling over their two best friends.

Jennie clears nervously as she takes a sip from her drink. 

Jisoo smiles, feeling proud of herself.

Jisoo: I made you speechless didn't I?

The raven takes a sip from her Americano as she spares Jennie a side glance and winked at her.

Jisoo: Don't fall for me yet Jennie Kim. 

Jennie scoffs as she crossed her arms. She had finally regained her composure after having Jisoo catch her off guard.

Jennie: I wasn't planning on it.

Chaeyoung shares a glance with her fiancée as the Thai shot her a silent message through her eyes. 

'This is going to be interesting.'

 

•••

 

Jisoo was out for a stroll in the park with her dog when she spotted Jennie. The brunette seemed to have two dogs of her own, a brown Pomeranian and a white Cocker Spaniel. 

The sight of the two dogs seated inside a stroller caused Jisoo's lips to curve into an amused smile. She started walking Dalgom towards Jennie's direction as the latter was coming to a stop by a bench.

The younger lifts her head and spots Jisoo and Dalgom. Her eyes lit up with surprise at the sight of the raven. 

Jennie: Jisoo. What a coincidence?

Jisoo chuckles softly before giving Jennie a lopsided grin. 

Jisoo: It must be fate. 

Jennie rolled her eyes at her reply before shifting her attention towards Dalgom. The brunette's eyes light up with adoration as she cooed at the white maltese. 

Jennie: And who is this little fellow?

Jisoo smiles as Jennie starts to ruffle Dalgom's fur, much to the maltese's enjoyment. 

Jisoo: His name is Dalgom. He's three.

Jennie smiles as Dalgom starts to wag his tail in excitement. 

Jennie: He's absolutely adorable. 

Jisoo chuckles at Jennie's praise and shook her head. 

Jisoo: He's usually not like this around most people. He must have taken a liking of you. Like his owner.

Jennie's smile falters as she glances up into Jisoo's sincere eyes. Despite constantly making herself clear to the raven that she was uninterested in a relationship, Jisoo still persisted with her flirtation. 

It's not that Jennie didn't understand the older girl's sincerity, she was just afraid of being hurt again. She's met people like Jisoo, and they only leave behind a trail of broken hearts wherever they go. She didn't want to be one of the broken hearted girls within that trail.

Jennie: I've never seen you around before. Have you always walked Dalgom at this park?

Jisoo's smile faded a bit at Jennie's obvious effort to shift the conversation elsewhere. Nonetheless she didn't want to make it awkward between them. She valued Jennie as a friend, maybe even more than a friend. But she knew that the latter was hesitant to be in a relationship, and she respected that.

So instead, she shrugged her shoulders and played along.

Jisoo: I've walked Dalgomie around these trails for years. It's quite a surprise that we've never ran into each other before. 

Jennie smiles as she continues to ruffle the Maltese's fur.

Jennie: Maybe we have but never noticed.

Jisoo shook her head and chuckles softly.

Jisoo: Impossible. 

Jennie her head to the side at Jisoo's answer.

Jennie: How are you so sure?

Jisoo returns the brunette a crooked grin.

Jisoo: Because I would've remembered a face like yours Jennie Kim. 

Jennie was at a loss for words. It seems to be a regular thing for the brunette as of late. And it was all because of a charming raven headed beauty. 

Jennie: Is that how you charm your way into people's hearts? 

Jisoo smirks and shrugs nonchalantly.

Jisoo: You could say that. 

Jennie rolled her eyes before standing up from her spot. Without saying another word, she begins to roll Kai and Kuma away.

With a confused look, Jisoo gently tugged on Dalgom's leash and pulled him to follow the brunette.

Jisoo: Yah, where are you going?

Jennie: I'm heading home.

Catching up with Jennie, Jisoo falls into step with her.

Jisoo: Well then let me walk you.

Jennie: You'd don't have to.

Jisoo: But I want to. 

Knowing that she was fighting a losing battle, Jennie releases a sigh before continuing to walk towards her house. 

Jisoo gives a victorious smile before hurrying after the brunette.

The two girls walked in a comfortable silence before Jisoo decided to say something out of the blue. 

Jisoo: Can I ask you a question?

Jennie was silent for a moment before nodding her head in reply.

Jisoo: Why won't you accept me? 

Jennie gives Jisoo a side glance before continuing to look forward. The brunette remains silent and ignores Jisoo's question.

The raven shakes her head as she fastens her pace and moves over to block Jennie's path.

Jisoo: Look. I know you might think that I'm some sort of playgirl and that I'll end up breaking your heart or whatever. But I want you to know that I'm actually serious about this. I really like you Jennie. Can you please give me a chance?

Jennie's eyes soften a bit after listening to Jisoo's confession. She wanted herself to believe in the older girl's words. But she couldn't.

She couldn't let her heart waver again. Jisoo was a great friend. But she didn't know how the raven would be if they were ever to be in a relationship. It was too risky.

With that thought, Jennie hardens her gaze and shook her head.

Jennie: I'm sorry Jisoo. But I can't.

Jisoo takes a step forward as she gazes intensely into the younger's eyes.

Jisoo: You can't, or you won't?

Jennie's gaze falters a bit before shaking her head again to block out her thoughts.

Jennie: It doesn't matter Jisoo. I don't want to get in a relationship. And you're not my type. No matter what you say, I can't accept you. 

Jennie brings her gaze up unsurely as she looks at Jisoo expression. The raven was silent as her expression falls in disappointment.

However, the older girl seems to have recovered, and immediately replaces her crestfallen expression back to her usual playful one. 

Jennie blinks in disbelief as she stares at the girl before her. Were the two different expressions she just witnessed really from the same person?

Jisoo gives the brunette her heart shaped smile before speaking.

Jisoo: I'll make you fall for me Jennie Kim. Like I said, there's more to me that you don't know yet. I'll show you how sincere my feelings are. 

Before Jennie reply, Jisoo already started to walk ahead with Dalgom trailing behind her. 

Jisoo: I'll pick you up at 7 tomorrow!

The brunette stares at the raven's back bewilderedly.

Jennie: W-why?

Jisoo turns around for quick second as she gives Jennie her lopsided grin. 

Jisoo: For our dinner of course. I told you that I'll make it up to you. 

She shoots Jennie a teasing wink before turning back around.

The younger girl stares at the raven's back in disbelief as she remains frozen in her spot. 

Jisoo: Are you coming Jennie?

Snapping out of her thoughts at the sound of Jisoo's voice, Jennie finally wills her feet to move. She shakes her head to clear away her thoughts before catching up with Jisoo.

'There's nothing to worry about. It's just two friends having dinner.'