A Perfect Date

The Ship that Sails
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Please?”

 

“No.”

 

“But—“

 

“No.”

 

“But why not?”

 

Joohyun shut her eyes and released a frustrated sigh. “Because, Seulgi,” she began, “you already have three cans of Pringles in my cart and I know there’s at least one unopened can already at home.”

 

Seulgi pouted as she looked from the can of Pringles in her hand to her slightly irritated wife standing next to her. “But…” Seulgi trailed off.

 

“But what?” Joohyun could feel her patience running thinner and thinner. 

 

“But I don’t have this one yet.” Seulgi beamed, proudly holding the can of Loaded Baked Potato Pringles up to Joohyun’s face for the older woman to inspect.

 

Joohyun blinked once at the can of chips and then turned her head to blink once at her wife before turning back to her shopping cart and pushing it further down the snack aisle. Acknowledging her defeat, Seulgi placed the Pringles back on the shelf before scampering after Joohyun, slightly pouting the entire time.

 

“Babe, please don’t do that,” Joohyun said, poking Seulgi’s pouting lips. “You know I can’t resist your pouts.”

 

“I know,” Seulgi grumbled back. “That’s why I’m doing it.”

 

Joohyun chuckled at her response, checking the list on her phone to see which items they still needed from the grocery store. Seeing that they had everything they needed, she pushed the cart towards the checkout lane, Seulgi trailing right behind her.

 

While waiting in the checkout lane, Joohyun turned to Seulgi. “Is there anything else you need before we go?” she asked. Seulgi’s brow furrowed as she thought for a moment, before her eyes lit up and she snapped her fingers, slightly startling the woman next to her. 

 

“Yes!” Seulgi nearly shouted. “A can of Loaded Baked Potato Pringles!”

 

“Seulgi!” Joohyun whined. “I don’t know where I’m going to put the Pringles we already have in the cart, let alone another one!”

 

“I know where!”

 

“Where?” Joohyun crossed her arms as she waited for an answer.

 

“Right here!” Seulgi pointed to her stomach, laughing as Joohyun clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes before pushing her cart up the checkout lane. Deciding to ignore Seulgi, she started placing items on the belt, greeting the cashier as she started scanning the items. Seulgi walked over to help and playfully bumped Joohyun’s elbow, giving her a small smile.

 

Joohyun “playfully” elbowed her back as they placed the last of the items on the belt. Turning to Seulgi, she raised her eyebrows as if questioning her. “Well?”

 

“Well what?” Seulgi raised her own eyebrow in question and confusion.

 

“Are you going to get the Pringles or not?”

 

Seulgi’s eyes widened before she shot off back towards the snack aisle, leaving Joohyun to smile at how cute her childlike wife was. Before she knew it, Seulgi was back and panting next to her. She gave Joohyun a quick kiss on her forehead before thanking her and placing the final item on the belt. Joohyun offered a small smile before paying the cashier and pushing the cart out of the grocery store and over to their car. They qui

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter