You Are my Sunshine

The Ship that Sails
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey you.”

 

She smiled at the voice. How could she not? Along with that blinding smile? She was in heaven.

 

“Come on, baby.”

 

She smiled as the woman in front of her leaned in closer to her. Oh yes, this is what heaven is like.

 

“Seulgi…”

 

Did this mean she was dead? Well, if that’s how she goes, that’s how she goes.

 

“Seulgi, wake up, baby.”

 

Wake up? She felt a soft kiss on her forehead. If this wasn’t real, Seulgi was going to have some words for her girlfriend. 

 

As she rolled over and slowly opened her eyes, the same image welcomed her as did her dream: her beautiful girlfriend with her hair cascading to her shoulders, that heart stopping smile, and eyes searching only for Seulgi. She blinked a few more times as she started to truly wake up, grumbling as she looked at the clock beside their bed.

 

“Irene, it’s 4 in the morning. Why are you awake? Is everything okay?” Seulgi breathed in deeply as she stretched her hands over her head, pulling her girlfriend down to cuddle her.

 

Irene chuckled as her sleepy bear of a girlfriend snuggled closer to her. “Everything’s fine baby. But I need you to get up. I have a surprise for you.”

 

Seulgi eyed Irene suspiciously. “A surprise that couldn’t wait until, I don’t know, maybe later?”

 

Irene gave her girlfriend a quick peck on the lips before responding with a cheery, “Nope!” and a mischievous smile. “Come on, I picked out your outfit. The car is waiting out front.”

 

“I have to get out of bed?” Seulgi whined.

 

“Yes, you big baby. Now let’s go. We can’t be late.”

 

Seulgi grumbled as Irene helped her get dressed and made her way into the bathroom to get herself ready to leave. Her girlfriend could only smile as she herself got ready and quickly peaked out the window to make sure everything was in place, getting a thumbs up from Joy and Yeri who were in the front seat of the car sitting in front of her home.

 

“Seulgi-ya, are you almost ready?”

 

“Why are you yelling? It’s early, Irene. I want to go back to sleep. Can’t we just cuddle? Can that be you surprise to me?” Seulgi walked over and buried her face in Irene’s neck, wrapping her arms around the smaller woman.

 

Irene rubbed her hands up and down Seulgi’s arms, placing a soft kiss to her hair before pulling back, responding with a quick, “Nope,” and dragging her girlfriend out the front door. “You can sleep in the car. It will probably take us close to an hour to get there anyway.”

 

“Where are you taking me? You’re not going to drive me to some wilderness and leave me to die, are you?” Seulgi jokingly asked.

 

“If I did that, then who would I have to annoy this early in the morning?” Irene shot a blinding smile at the younger woman before opening the door to the car for her, allowing her to enter before doing the same.

 

“Well, hello you two,” Joy smirked at couple. “And where are we taking you this dark and early in the morning?”

 

“Hopefully you two unnies are behaving yourselves, hm?” Yeri added, wiggling her eyebrows at them.

 

“Just drive,” was all Irene said before the two maknaes in the front seats laughed and led the couple towards their destination. She looked at her sleepy girlfriend and pulled her head down to her own lap, her hair through her fingers. “You want to try and sleep a little more?” she asked.

 

“Yes please,” Seulgi mumbled back, letting out a content sigh as the feeling of Irene’s fingers running through her still messy hair.

 

“Okay, baby. Get some rest. I’ll wake you up when we get there.”

 

*

 

It was still dark when Irene shook Seulgi to wake her up. Her girlfriend was much easier to wake up this time and didn’t seem as confused as when Irene woke her up the first time. 

 

“We’re almost there. Probably another five minutes or so.” Joohyun smiled down at Seulgi, fingers still massaging the sleepy girl’s scalp. “How did you sleep?”

 

Seulgi grumbled something as she stretched her arms again, slowly sitting up. She snuggled close to Irene, burying her face in her neck and breathing in her scent. “I always sleep well when you’re next to me, Hyun.”

 

Iren

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter