Chapter 3 - The Senator

Chess Game 2 - Lost Sins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Eunhyuk got home that night he seemed distracted which Donghae was thankful for, so he couldn’t notice the unease feelings of Donghae right now. They sat down in front of the tv, Donghae in his lover’s arms, but neither of them paid much attention to the movie; until the brunet let escape a sigh.

“I’m not eager to be tomorrow.”

 “You got a case?” Eunhyuk asked.

“No, I didn’t, it’s because tomorrow it’s D day.”

Eunhyuk threw him a questioning look and Donghae frowned.

“You didn’t get the memo? I told you about it last week!”

“Yeah but it was last week… in the meantime a lot of things happened.”

“For a detective you have a memory worse than a gold fish… ”

“So what’s going on?”

“Remember the guy we saw on tv the other day? The one running for senator, the television is flooded with publicities of him. Well for his campaign that guy decided to come participate to the police activities, to show the people that their police forces are still worthy of their trust and at the same time boost his campaign. Kangin agreed to cooperate. It will be like a reality show.”

Eunhyuk stared at his lover horrified.  For one he wasn’t a fan when other people meddled with his cases, but he hated most of all politicians. Donghae who was the calmer of the two asked.

“How long is he going to follow us?”

“A week or maybe more, depends. Kangin is gathering up everyone tomorrow to decide on the team he will be following.”

Eunhyuk let out a long complaint, indeed he wasn’t looking forward for tomorrow.

“Let’s not think about that…Was it Changmin’s first day? How did it go?” Donghae asked, changing the subject.

“He’s good, almost as if he did that his whole life. But something was a bit off…”

“About the case?”

Eunhyuk shook his head but didn’t add anything. Donghae was tempted to tell his boyfriend about meeting Siwon earlier on, and how he too seemed a bit off but he didn’t. Eunhyuk would probably not appreciate to know about his brother in law visiting the killer of their beloved family. Even Donghae didn’t know what to think of that. Finally his lover noticed his bandaged hand.

“What’s that? Did you hurt yourself?”

“Yeah just a bit… it’s nothing much…”

“Did…” Eunhyuk seemed to have trouble saying it. “Did you fight with your brother?”

Donghae nodded without saying a word. The air got awkward and neither of them dared to make a comment. Donghae really didn’t want to explain what happened earlier and it was clear that Eunhyuk wasn’t ready to hear about it either. With a soft movement Eunhyuk took his lover’s hand and pulled it to kiss the tip of the bandage. Then in a more sudden movement Eunhyuk forced him to look up and smashed his lips on his.

“What was that for?” said Donghae when they parted.

“I just wanted to kiss you.”

“I’m not one to complain but I wasn’t expecting so much love.”

It was clear that he was trying to clear the air, and forget the mention of Donghae’s brother. As an answer Eunhyuk kissed him again, but this time he made it last a bit longer. Donghae turned around in his arms, and was now pushing himself unto him. The blond one smiled because he knew exactly where this was going. Since they got together one thing that they never had a problem with was their desire for each other. If Eunhyuk could have Donghae all day long he would. But it was impossible, and Donghae even banned any physical contact back at the precinct. As he said, it wasn’t only their workplace, but also he wasn’t comfortable about everybody knowing about their couple (even if half of the precinct already knew). The detective broke their kiss and with a smile whispered.

“Yesterday I was too tired, but not tonight… Shall we make up for lost time?”

With a lusty smile Donghae rose, and pulled Eunhyuk to the bedroom.

***

The next day they arrived at the precinct together as usual, but instead of finding the place swarming with life, Kangin was in the main hall, surrounded by a few officers and the main detectives. He was wearing his formal uniform, the old version that was of a green color, when Eunhyuk’s would be blue. Further away they noticed Heechul that was talking with Hangeng and Leeteuk. They were almost as well dressed as Kangin. When Sungmin approached them.

“Here’s the golden couple! Welcome to our beautiful and proud precinct of mad men.”

“Were we supposed to come in uniform?” Donghae asked, suddenly worried.

“Nah! It’s just Kangin who wants to seem something we are not.”

At the same moment Kyuhyun came into the precinct. Donghae was not only surprised to find him outside of the NP but he was wearing a flashy violet shirt, pushed into his pants, his black glasses seems to have double sizes taking most of his face and his hair were combed on the side forming a weird wave. The boy got closer to them and Sungmin stared at him horrified.

“Is that hair gel?! What have you done to yourself? “

“Kangin forced me to wash up… I’m not used to it.”

“Clearly.” said Eunhyuk repressing a laugh.

“I don’t know why we have to do this, I mean he is interested in the police not the scientists.”

“Because you’re all part of the force.”

They all turned around to where the voice came from. There was at the entrance of the precinct a tall man, black hair combed on the side like Kyuhyun’s but in a mastered way; He was wearing a fancy three piece suit and his posture was one of someone from a wealthy background. Overall he was pretty handsome. Behind him two man one slightly older and the other slightly younger, their heads into papers ad files they were carrying, and a dozen of other people that Donghae guessed being the tv crew. The politician laid out a hand in their direction.

“I’m Kim Kibum, nice to meet you.”

Seeing that none of the three men were going to take his hand, Donghae was the one to shake it.

“Nice to meet you I’m…”

“Lee Donghae right?”

Donghae was surprised he knew his name, but then he thought that maybe he checked all the employees before coming. But then Kibum had a large cocky smile.

“You are quite famous around here.” he said with a wink.

Did the future senator just winked at him?! He kept Donghae’s hand a minute too long, a long awkward minute, before letting it go and turning around to the others.

“And I suppose you’re detective Lee Sungmin and IT Choi Kyuhyun. And of course the notorious Lee Hyukjae.”

“It’s Eunhyuk, and I see you did your homework.”

The younger man behind Kibum made a movement as if he was going to retort something but his boss stopped him with a single hand movement. Eunhyuk’s remark was bluntly hostile against the politician, but Kibum never departed from his friendly smile. As discreetly as possible Donghae elbowed his boyfriend, reminded him that it was a business matter and that he should put aside his personal feelings. Eunhyuk deflected his stare but didn’t apologize. Uncomfortable by the lack of support from the others, Donghae suggested to the politician to go ahead to the main hall where Kangin and the others were waiting for them. With another smile in Donghae’s direction, they continued their way as if they never interrupted them. Them gone Donghae threw a dark glance at his lover that shrugged.

“If we are going to have him here for a while you’ll have to revise your attitude.”

Eunhyuk answered with a growl.

“I’m not a fan of the guy but I have to admit that he is even more handsome in person.” Sungmin commented.

“And it’s his looks that will make him win those elections.”

“Why are you all against his regime?” Donghae asked.

“I lost hope in politics…”

“I don’t care about politics…” Kyuhyun said.

“Right… Well you should at least care about your appearance!”

And with those words, Sungmin took Kyuhyun to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter