It is always you

Fluffy Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was very focused on her work. She was breathing through her chirurgical mask, her hand steady around the tattoo machine. She was almost done with Yerim’s tattoo. As expected, the younger girl was being tattooed with another word, ‘Stability’. Sooyoung was here too, she was watching Seulgi working, her arms crossed on her chest.

Joohyun was paying a visit to her parents. In fact, it was to her father. She hadn’t met him since the Bogum’s problem, and she felt like she had some things to tell him. He was kind of surprised to see his daughter in the middle of the week but still happy. Joohyun greeted both her parents. Her mother poured her a cup of tea, asking Joohyun, again, if she needed to eat something.

“Don’t give anyone my address without my consent.” Joohyun said in an angry tone to her father.

The man frowned at the raven’s tone, but he didn’t argue back. He was stubborn, but he knew he was wrong this time. His mistake even put his daughter in danger.

“I’m sorry. I was stupid. You know, when you moved in together with Seulgi, I got scared. I understood you were going to stay like this.” He tried to find the right words even though it sounded clumsy for Joohyun. “I thought he could make you change. I couldn’t know he was like that or even he would come to you two years after. I’ll take care of him. He needs to pay for what he had done to you.”

Joohyun nodded along with her father’s explanation. Her father had some powers. Joohyun didn’t know how he could do that be she knew he could easily make Bogum regret his actions. Joohyun never bothered understanding her father’s power. Was it legal? Was it wrong? Did he have connections with powerful men? She didn’t know, and she didn’t want to. She had never asked him to help her. He made a mistake, he was going to fix it.

“Do whatever you want. As long as I don’t see him ever again.”

 

Joohyun felt a customer approaching the food truck as she was back to them, busy tidying things. They were about to close. Mina was cleaning a plat outside the vehicle. Joohyun thought the customer would get the hint and left, but they were still there.

“I’m sorry, we’re going to close.” The raven spoke without turning around.

The person left quietly. Joohyun kept moving inside the truck. The next thing she knew was that a pair of arms wrapped her waist from behind. She flinched at the sudden touches but quickly relaxed when she recognised a familiar scent.

“You scared me, idiot.” The raven mumbled, taking her lover’s hands in hers.

“Sorry, Hyun.” Seulgi smiled and made Joohyun turn around to look at her. “I’ve got the suitcase. We have to leave, so don’t miss our train.” She spoke before kissing her girl’s lips gently.

“I’m done here. Let’s go.”

Joohyun walked out and tossed the key to Mina. The Japanese greeted Seulgi quickly.

“Why did I agree to close on Saturdays?” Mina whined, faking a pout.

Joohyun let out a giggle. They agreed to close the food truck every same day. They ended up playing paper, scissors, rock to choose who would be the poor girl closing on weekends.

“See you on Monday.” The raven waved quickly at Mina who showed a smiled.

 

Seulgi was taking a deep breath, she clasped her laps. Her eyes were roaming in the train, unable to look at the same place for more than three seconds. She didn’t budge when she felt a warm hand on hers.

“Baby. Look at me.” Joohyun spoke in a firm tone, and the blonde had no other choice than complying. “Are you okay?” Joohyun knew that Seulgi wasn’t, but she needed the younger to say it herself.

“Let’s have a date tonight.” Seulgi said, but it only made Joohyun frown. “I want to focus on something else, just for today.”

“Alright.” Joohyun smiled and kissed her girlfriend’s cheek.

The couple remained silent for several minutes. Joohyun was staring at the view outside the train. She was leaning on her elbow, her head slightly resting on the window. She was pretty nervous about this trip to Ansan. It was her first time going there in three years of relationship with Seulgi. The younger didn’t like to go back there. But this month, she had to. It was her first time bringing someone with her. She had mixed feelings. She really wanted to show her hometown to Joohyun, talking about some school’s memories.

“Hyun!” Seulgi suddenly exclaimed, making her girl jerk her head away, surprised.

“W-What?”

“I want to show you my former school.” Seulgi spoke with a bright smile on her face. Joohyun started her, puzzled. “I had so many great moments here.”

Joohyun let out a chuckle, understanding her girlfriend. “Sure, I’ll be looking forward to it.”

“How was high school for you?”

Joohyun leaned her head on Seulgi’s shoulder and closed her eyes. She felt a soft hand taking hers to intertwine their fingers.

“It was not that bad. I prefered university, it was less mentally exhausting.” The raven started explaining, keeping her tone quiet. “High school was stressing me too much. I learnt a lot about myself there.” Seulgi kissed the top of Joohyun’s hair gently.

The older woman yawned and buried her face in the crook of Seulgi’s neck. The latter felt that Joohyun was about to doze off. She placed an arm around the raven’s waist to hold her firmly.

“Rest well, Hyun.”

 

Joohyun was dragged in front of a huge building. Seulgi made her sit on a low stone wall, still holding her hand. The younger woman was smiling, her eyes on the school in front of her. After dropping their things at the hotel room, Joohyun and Seulgi went to the latter’s former high school. On their way, she told Joohyun about some childhood memories.

“I got the wrong class on my first day. I felt so embarrassed. The teacher had to lead me to my classmates. They were all staring at me.” Seulgi laughed at her own memory. “But I quickly got close to them. I was lucky to have almost the same classmates every year.”

“Minji was here too?” Joohyun asking in a curious tone.

“We weren’t classmates. We met while I was studying at the library. She was looking for an empty seat, and the last one was next to me.”

As much as Joohyun didn’t want to hear about Krystal, she liked to listen to stories about Seulgi’s first love. Joohyun was more of a discreet woman about her past lovers. She always thought that it didn’t really matter. She was with Seulgi now, and she was happy this way. Even though Seulgi’s coming out was a painful story, the younger woman said she would always cherish her memories with Minji. She was the girl who changed her life and made her understand her uality after all. She was thankful that Joohyun understood that.

“There was this boy, a close friend. We were so close that people often mistook us for a couple. They did that until the last year. At that time, one of our classmates come to me and asked ‘Hey, is Minseok gay?’” Joohyun let out a giggle. “Somehow, I can’t blame him. Minseok was close to a lot of girls, and he was single. So, yeah, people were wondering. Sometimes, we played with that, making people even more confused.”

“I’m sure you got into troubles with that.” Joohyun looked at Seulgi who couldn’t hide her blush.

“On the very last day, we were playing around. And when the teacher came to us, we immediately stopped.” Seulgi cleared . “It looked like we were holding hands, he said ‘please stop that, it’s embarrassing.’”

Joohyun couldn’t surpass her laughter anymore. She dropped her head, squeezing Seulgi’s hand while she was laughing. That was ridiculous, she thought. It must have been horrible for Seulgi and Minseok too.

“T-That’s not funny, Hyun.” Seulgi pouted without looking at the older woman.

Joohyun wiped a tear with her free hand and pecked her girl’s cheek. “Sorry.”

“Thank you for listening to my stories.”

“You’re welcome. I like it.”

Seulgi finally looked at Joohyun, leaning slowly to capture her lips. Joohyun had closed her eyes, but nothing came. She glared at Seulgi for teasing her. At the moment she opened to talk, a pair of soft lips pressed on hers.

“Oh, my God! Seulgi?!” A woman yelled suddenly on Joohyun’s side.

The couple parted away quickly. Seulgi looked at the woman while Joohyun turned around.

“Sunmi! It’s been a while.”

Joohyun looked at the scene, confused. Her girlfriend stood up and hugged Sunmi tightly. The women talked about how long they hadn’t seen each other. Joohyun decided to stand up too, making Seulgi realised that she didn’t introduce her girlfriend.

“Joohyun, that’s Sunmi, we were best friends during high school. And Sunmi, this is Joohyun, my girlfriend.” Seulgi grinned.

“Nice to meet you, Joohyun.”

“Nice to meet you too.” Joohyun tried to show a small smile.

The two women talked for a while, standing in front of the building. Joohyun was only half-listening to them. Seulgi was quickly updating Sunmi about her life, and the other woman did the same. It went for a few minutes until they both agreed to take some time in a café to talk there. Joohyun went along, she learnt it was a place where the two best friends used to go before, especially after classes. They ordered a drink and kept talking.

 

No one noticed, but Joohyun was fuming. She glanced at her phone a few times. She and Seulgi didn’t have dinner, and they had a date that night. Joohyun really didn’t want to miss it. The two friends had been talking for two hours already. Seulgi was barely paying attention to Joohyun, and Sunmi’s friendly touches were driving the raven crazy. There was something she didn’t like about Sunmi, and she didn’t know what. She felt a bit bad about it. Seulgi and Sunmi were just old friends, Joohyun had nothing to worry about. But Seulgi was too engrossed in her talk that she forget Joohyun. Even if Joohyun would have liked to participate in the conversation, she couldn’t. The women were reminiscing memories, some pranks, moments, classmates. Joohyun was feeling even more uncomfortable. Joohyun had been trying to grab Seulgi’s attention for the last five minutes. But nothing worked. The older woman gave up and just stood up. Finally, Seulgi looked up at her. Before she could ask anything, Joohyun spoke.

“I’m going back to the hotel.” She said and noticed Seulgi’s small frown.

The younger’s eyes shifted between Sunmi and Joohyun. But the raven showed her a smile, not bright or bitter but kind of sad.

“O-Okay.” Seulgi only mumbled.

“Goodbye, Sunmi. It was nice meeting you.” Joohyun politely said, and Sunmi waved goodbye.

Joohyun understood that Seulgi wanted to catch up with her friend, but she just wanted to get away from this.

After some minutes, Joohyun reached her hotel room. She crashed on the bed, sighing loudly. She rolled up until she found herself on her back. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and decided to call Jennie.

‘Hello?’

“Hi, Jen.” Joohyun spoke with a lazy tone, making her friend giggle.

‘What’s wrong? Aren’t you with Seulgi?’

“She’s catching up with an old friend.”

‘You were bored, so you decided to call your best friend?’ Jennie teased the older woman, but Joohyun only rolled her eyes.

“How’s Lisa?”

Jennie was silent for a couple of seconds.

‘Better now but I’m afraid it won’t last long again.’ The woman chuckled bitterly. ‘She’s feeling down lately.’ Joohyun waited for her friend to continue. ‘She is depressed and sensitive. Like a lot.’

“Oh.” That was the only answer that Joohyun could give.

‘It can lead her to depression and even worse… She doesn’t talk to me.’

Joohyun understood her best friend’s worry. She couldn’t imagine what her Jennie was going through. Seulgi also had hard times opening up, but from what Jennie was saying, it was different with Lisa. She couldn’t push Lisa to talk to her, the young girl was very hot-tempered.

“Did you try to make her see someone?”

‘It’s a sensitive topic…’ Jennie mumbled, sighing. ‘I want to help, but Li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter