Three years of caramel and strawberry flavour

Fluffy Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun had her eyes closed, laying on her stomach. She felt the hot sun on her skin. Her tattoo was fully healed now. She was glad to be able to fully enjoy summer. Everything was perfect until something cold and wet landed on her back. Something liquid. Water. Someone had poured cold water on her back. Joohyun sighed and turned around, glaring at the figure in front of her. Or rather, figures, plural. Her little sister, the latter’s girlfriend, her best friend’s and her very own one were standing in front of her, an innocent look on their faces. Joohyun glared at them. Jennie, who was sitting just next to the raven, let out a giggled.

“Who did that?”

Suddenly, all the gaze left her, being oddly interested with the sky or the ground under their feet.

“Seulgi?”

The bear panicked.

“It was her idea!” Seulgi shouted, pointing Yerim with her finger. The younger girl showed a fake surprised face.

“Me? I wouldn’t dare throw water on my sister.” Yerim scoffed, her arms crossed on her chest. “Sooyoung did it. She is still holding the toy watering can.”

“You! Little devil! You’re sleeping on the couch tonight!” Sooyoung shouted, a childish pout on her lips.

The whole group chuckled at the couple’s action. Joohyun stood up, removing her short to show her swimsuit.

“Where did you even get that toy?” Jennie asked while Lisa sat behind her. She felt the younger wet body pressing against her back.

“Your girlfriend is surprisingly good with kids.” Seulgi answered her, earning Lisa’s intense blush.

Jennie moved a bit to look at the Thai woman, she gave a teasing smile. Lisa tried to keep a serious expression.

“I have a lot of hidden skills, princess.”

“Stealing kids’ toys is one of them?” Jennie mocked her girlfriend.

“That’s not what I meant.”

Joohyun reached Seulgi, sliding her hand in hers. She dragged to the pull, leaving their friends behind. They stopped at the edge of the pool.

“Baby?” Seulgi put her gaze on Joohyun. “Look.” The raven wasn’t showing any place in particular.

Seulgi frowned, trying to find what her girlfriend wanted her to see. But the next thing she knew, she was being pushed in the pool. She shook her head when she came to the surface. Joohyun was laughing at her.

“Why?” Seulgi muttered when she reached the edge of the pool, still inside.

“Well, you’re wearing a swimsuit. You need to use it.”

“What about you?” Seulgi asked, a smirk on her lips.

Joohyun stepped back, kind of scared that her girlfriend pulled her into the water. But Seulgi chuckled.

“Hey! I’m not going to make you fall.” The younger went out and walked to Joohyun.

“It’s too late. I already fell for you.”

Joohyun removed the hair off Seulgi’s face, a blush colouring her cheeks. Smooth, Hyun, really smooth, Seulgi thought, a big grin on her lips. She leaned over the older’s ear and whispered.

“Are you flirting with me, Miss Bae?”

Before Joohyun could answer, she was grabbed and thrown in the water. When she opened her eyes again, she noticed she hadn’t been thrown. Seulgi jumped with her. The younger’s arms were holding her firmly while she had her legs wrapped around Seulgi’s waist. Joohyun slowly moved her arms around the younger’s neck.

“Give me one reason not to drown you.” Joohyun glared at her bear who was still smiling like an idiot.

“Let me think. I’m holding you and, hm, you love me.”

“I hate when you’re so right, baby.” Seulgi could feel her girl’s breath lingering on her lips. “Hands off, baby. I really want to kiss you, but we’re in a huge public place.” Seulgi nodded and let go of Joohyun.

 

When Joohyun and Seulgi came back to their friends, Jennie was still lying down while Lisa was listening to music. Sooyoung was lying just next to Jennie, on her back. Yerim was nowhere to be seen.

“Hey, you’re back.” Lisa said, removing her headphones while Jennie sat up.

“We grabbed some fresh drink.” Seulgi spoke while Joohyun was busy looking around. “You’ve got a nice idea, Lisa. Going to the waterpark is fun.”

“I couldn’t bear the heat anymore.” Lisa admitted with a chuckle.

“Where is Yerim?” Joohyun finally asked, earning Sooyoung’s attention.

“She’s looking for a soul.” Sooyoung snapped without moving.

Joohyun frowned and looked at Jennie to find an answer. They fought, she mouthed. Joohyun rolled her eyes.

“We were gone, what, one hour?” Seulgi asked while Lisa checked her phone.

“Two.” The Thai woman said, making Joohyun sigh.

Seulgi reached her best friend and handed her a drink. The younger between the two sat up and took a sip of the cold juice.

“She said: You’re such an , Park Sooyoung.” Seulgi choked on her drink when she heard her friend’s words. “I don’t even know what got into her. I mean, we were sitting there and… She said that.”

“What did you say?” Seulgi asked, being careful not to drink for her friend answered her.

“Nothing. I swear I was sitting here. She was just next to me, and she burst out of anger.”

“You must have done some-” Jennie suddenly spoke, but her sentence was cut when she noticed Yerim coming to them. She looked furious.

Sooyoung gulped, glancing nervously at Seulgi. The latter stood up to sit next to Joohyun. Yerim came in silence. Sooyoung didn’t dare to move anymore. Lisa let escape a giggle because her friend looked like a scared puppy. Jennie glared at the Thai and slapped her arm.

“You’re not allowed to check out girls’ butts. Only mine.” The youngest of the group snapped, and Sooyoung nodded quickly.

 Lisa and Seulgi shared a look, trying so hard not to laugh. It was ridiculous, Seulgi thought. What a strange couple, indeed. Lisa slowly moved closer to Jennie’s ear to whisper.

“Don’t worry about me, princess. I only look at yours.”

“Damn it, Lisa!” Jennie suddenly shouted while her friends were unaware of Lisa’s murmur. “S-She startled me.” She tried to find an excuse, but Joohyun kept staring at her, suspicious.

“Sorry, princess. Let’s go to some water slides.” Lisa stood up, escaping the glare of her girlfriend. She was quickly followed by Seulgi, Sooyoung and Yerim.

“This girl is going to kill me one day.” Jennie spoke as soon as she was alone with her best friend. “You don’t wanna go?”

“I’m too old for this.” Joohyun chuckled, and Jennie raised an eyebrow. “I’m already tired from earlier.”

“Earlier?”

Joohyun paused a few seconds, trying to find the meaning of her friend’s question.

“Lisa has rubbed off on you, Jen.”

“I was just asking.” Jennie spoke in a fake offended tone.

 

Seulgi was in her tattoo parlour, busy on her laptop. She wasn’t working. She took a sip of the caramel tea in her thermos. Joohyun had already finished her work at this hour. But Seulgi didn’t expect her to suddenly show up at the shop.

“Hey, baby.” Joohyun spoke in a gentle tone, putting a hand on Seulgi’s shoulder.

The bear was surprised. She quickly closed her laptop and turned around with panicked eyes.

“Sorry, Seul. I didn’t mean to scare you.”

Seulgi stood up and made her girlfriend stepped back. She placed a quick kiss on Joohyun’s lips before smiling.

“What were you doing?”

“Huh, working?” The bear answered, but it sounded more like a question. “Of course, working. I was doing some accounting, you know?” She cleared at the end of her sentence. “What are you doing here?” Seulgi emphasised a bit the ‘you’ word.

“I wanted to surprise my girlfriend, but it seemed that I’m not welcomed.” Joohyun mostly joked even if deep down, she was hurt by Seulgi’s answer.

“Don’t say that, Hyun. I was just surprised.” Joohyun stared at her in disbelief. “It was the purpose.” Seulgi muttered to herself.

“Hug me, stupid bear.” Joohyun mumbled, her cheeks a bit red from embarrassment.

Seulgi grinned and wrapped Joohyun in a warm embrace. Seulgi gently her hair, making her relax. The older woman moved her head away enough to give a few butterfly kisses on Seulgi’s neck. When she was done, she let her lips linger along the blonde’s jaws until she found . They shared a passionate kiss. Joohyun tried to break the hug, but Seulgi wasn’t decided to let her go. She had buried her face on the crook of the raven’s neck right after their kiss.

“Baby, you need to get back to work.” But Seulgi shook her head, making Joohyun giggle. “Come on. You looked really focused on your financial stuff earlier. Do you need a hand?”

Seulgi jerked back, almost hitting her desk in the process. She opened to talk but took a few seconds to come up with something.

“I’m good! I mean, I can do it alone. It’s part of my job. You should go home and rest, Hyun.”

Joohyun shrugged and pecked Seulgi’s lips before starting to leave.

“See you at home, baby.”

Seulgi let out a relieved sigh. She had not been caught.

 

Joohyun had planned to meet up with Seulgi at Wendy’s after the younger’s work. She noticed her girl waiting at the counter, talking with Seungwan. She didn’t mean to eardrop, but Seulgi’s words surprised her.

“She can’t discover it, Seungwan.”

Joohyun frowned and before she could say anything, Seungwan almost yelled in the café.

“Hey! Joohyun! Fancy meeting you there.”

Seulgi didn’t budge, staring at Seungwan in panic. What kind of luck she had? None obviously.

“You were talking with Seul. So, I assume you were aware of my arrival, Son Seungwan.”

The Canadian felt her saliva stuck in . She kept sending distressed glances to Seulgi.

“The usual, I guess?” She tried to change the topic, and Joohyun nodded.

Seulgi finally looked at the raven. She showed a fake smile. The older woman glared at her. Joohyun was angry, and Seulgi gulped. She tried to soothe her girl’s mood by giving her a kiss, but Joohyun only turned her head away.

“How was your day?” Seulgi asked when Seungwan gave them their drinks.

“Fine.”

“Do you have anything to do this weekend?”

Joohyun sipped her juice. She didn’t have anything, but she was upset.

“I’m meeting Jennie.” She snapped, still without looking at Seulgi.

The blonde smirked. She knew that Joohyun wasn’t going to stay mad any longer. She also knew that she hadn’t planned to meet Jennie. Seulgi had prepared everything for tomorrow. It was going to be perfect.

 

It was Friday. Joohyun had been grumpy since their date at Wendy’s. Seulgi couldn’t change her mind. She knew the only thing that could work was to explain. But Seulgi couldn’t, not right now. She knew everything was going to be settled by the end of Joohyun’s service at the food truck that very one day.

“Hey, Hyun.” Seulgi caught her girlfriend’s attention when the latter was about to leave her workplace.

“Hi, baby. Aren’t you working?” Joohyun asked, in a mad but not really tone.

“I’m taking you home.” Seulgi smiled, kissing the raven’s forehead. Seulgi took Joohyun’s hand and walked.

It was silent. Joohyun was still upset about what she heard. She didn’t want to ask anything to Seulgi. She knew that the younger was aware of Joohyun hearing something she should not have. But Seulgi was oddly quiet about what happened the day before. Once they reached home, Joohyun though it was enough. She released her girl’s hand quickly and opened to talk.

“Go packing your bag for this weekend. I’m taking you somewhere.” Seulgi told her, not letting Joohyun a chance to talk.

They stared at each other. Joohyun tried to put the pieces in order in her head. And then, she laughed. Seulgi gazed at her, surprised by the older’s reaction. It wasn’t a mocking or a bitter laugh.

“H-Hyun?”

“You’re so clumsy at making surprises sometimes, baby.” Joohyun put her hands on Seulgi’s hips. “I can’t believe I didn’t suspect anything knowing tomorrow will be our anniversary.” She kissed the bear’s mouth gently. “I’m sorry for being upset.”

“It’s okay, Hyun. I should have been more careful.” Seulgi told her in a teasing tone. “Come on. We’re leaving soon.”

“Where are we going?”

“I’m not telling you.” Seulgi almost whispered, capturing Joohyun’s lips in a long kiss. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Joohyun smiled and broke the embrace.

She walked to he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter