Precious Love

Kkuchaen One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Inspired by "Precious Love" of Twice* 

 

Sakura and Chaeyeon were on their way to school when the rain suddenly pours down. Chaeyeon held Sakura's hand and the two ran to the nearest bus shelter. They went inside and quickly wiped off their wet uniforms. The two crossed eyes and instead of getting annoyed they started to laugh. They are laughing at each other's wet look.

 

Chaeyeon took out her handkerchief and wiped Sakura's face. She was looking at the girl's face when she suddenly stopped for a moment. She was mesmerized on the girl's pretty face.

 

"You are really pretty." She whispered.

 

Sakura on the other hand was just looking at Chaeyeon's face, as the girl wipes her face. She's looking directly on Chaeyeon's eyes, down to her nose, and to her lips. She can't help but admire her best friend's sweet features.

 

"And so you are." Sakura whispered back.

 

Chaeyeon felt a bit awkward and removed her hands on Sakura's face. 

 

"Thank you." Sakura said awkwardly.

 

The two stayed quiet standing beside each other at the shelter. Sakura then moved her hand to find Chaeyeon's. She held the girl's hand and interlock hands with her. Chaeyeon held the girl's cold hand tightly.

 

They are just standing quietly waiting for the rain to stop. They can't explain what kind of atmosphere is surrounding them at that moment. They feel their hearts racing so bad. It's beating like crazy for no reason. They are used to hold hands everyday, they are used to stand beside each other, they are used to see each other everyday, and they are used to be alone with each other. But something is quite off today, they feel affectionate towards each other.

 

Chaeyeon can't stand the silence and her upbeating heart. She faced Sakura and boldy told her the thing she feels inside. 

 

"Sakura, I love you." Chaeyeon said with a very sincere voice.

 

Sakura turned red and don't know what to say or react. She was surprised on the sudden confession of Chaeyeon. She was confused and just pretended it was not a big deal, so she answered playfully.

 

"I love you too Chaeyon-ah~" Sakura playfully replied.

 

"No. I'm serious." Chaeyeon held Sakura's other hand.

 

"Stop joking. It's not funny." Sakura said trying to change the mood. 

 

"What am I to you?" Chaeyeon asked with a serious face.

 

"You're... you're my best friend. You're my best friend Chaeyeon." Sakura replied with a nervous voice.

 

"I love you more than a best friend Sakura. Don't you feel the same way?" Chaeyeon finally became real to her feelings and confessed bravely to her best friend.

 

"I love you too. I really love you Chaeyeon... as my best friend." Sakura replied to her without thinking. She doesn't know how to respond on Chaeyeon's confession. She got pressured and not ready for it.

 

"As best friend..." Chaeyeon dropped her head and let go of Sakura's hands.

 

Sakura felt overwhelmed and just looking at Chaeyeon's sad face. She can't even say a word.

 

"I understand." Chaeyeon said and went out the shelter leaving Sakura. She ran fast away from the girl without minding the rain.

 

"Chae..." Sakura wanted to stop her but she don't have the courage to. She just stared at the girl who's running away from her.

 

After the incident the two never talk to each other ever again, up until they graduated a few weeks after. 

 

They lost communication and also lose the courage to look for each other.



 

--

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter