boy

ghosted (on pause until further notice!)

it felt different.
the room jimin thought that would always be empty suddenly was filled with so much joy. the ghost, sometimes still gives jimin shivers and spooks, but was the most cheerful thing jimin had met. well, it's not like he met a lot of people either. 

stuff was still kind of awkward, it wasn't the mood to get all chummy, especially since that 'taehyung' ghost said he died today. jimin didn't know what to say, his lips trembled in nervousness as he never once spoke with another person normally, "i'm sorry, i'm boring, right?" taehyung would stretch his arms and let out a yawn, "honestly, yes."

jimin's pupils spun nonstop while he fidgeted with his fingers, he was clueless in how to act. his heart beated so fast, and at the same time it ached knowing that he was boring someone. 

"but you're kinda interesting? i guess."
"pff–"

jimin couldn't help but laugh. the latter is literally floating, barged through a stranger's home, declaring his death, and calls a mundane flesh-and-bone human interesting? jimin found it so ironic, he couldn't stop laughing. honestly, jimin doesn't remember any other time in his life that he had laughed so much. his heart would stop aching but instead his stomach, his fingers wouldn't fidget, but he felt his neck pulsating and twitching. 

"what's so funny?"

taehyung would finally curve a small smile, amused by the quiet boy with the most hysterical laugh. jimin would even wipe a few tears and coughs to finally open his mouth again, yet you could still see his lips jerking, waiting to burst another good laugh. "it's just...it's funny, you know? calling me, me interesting." 

"i mean, i just saw  the hastiest switch of personalities on you, how isn't that interesting?" he'd say with a cocky look, but his eyes were full of fond.

"on god, you are the definition of interesting." 

 

 

 

"literature major? that's so lame," taehyung rolled his eyes as he got comfy on jimin's bed. "it's not! you can read a bunch of cool books and stuff," jimin smiled just by the thought of it. "and what do you do with that? keep reading and they pay you?" "for your information, there's a lot of people majoring in literature, and it is for my dream job."

taehyung seemed to flinch for a second, and jimin noticed it. it was so brief and hasty, if he had blinked, he wouldn't have been able to notice it.

"what's your dream then, nerd?" 

jimin giggled and firmly clenched his fist, "i wish to someday be the editor of my favorite author." 
"that's pretty cool."
"i guess so, yeah."
"so you ain't telling who this author is?"

"oh, about that," jimin scratched his neck and lowered his eyes before slowly muttering, "yeah, that's what i don't have yet." 

taehyung was left completely dazed. his hollow eyes spoke more than a thousand words. his brows furrowed as if ridiculising him, "are you dumb?"

jimin swiflty covered his face and chuckled sheepishly, "enough of that, what are you studying?"
"..."
"oh- uhm, i-"
"..."
"what... were you studying? if you don't... mind telling me?" 

"i didn't study," taehyung lied completely flat onto jimin's pillow, kind of foolish since he'd pass right through it, so he floated just a little bit above to give the same effect, "i was kinda dumb and poor, i just wanted to earn money fast." 

"i see," jimin murmured, he lowered his head since he couldn't imagine himself in a situation like that, "hey, it must've been hard..." 
"it was alright, no need to pity me."

"hey but-" jimin bit his lips, his hands sweated as he started to raise his voice, "i really like talking to you!" taehyung turned his head and looked at jimin surprised. 

"i- i never knew that talking to someone is this fun... i like how you listen to what i say, and how i listen to you so- maybe, uhm, if you wanna talk...!"

taehyung floated towards jimin, and crouched to meet his eyes. jimin looked up and noticed that he was giving a faint smile. "i would pat your head if i could," taehyung whispered, "don't you ever talk with anyone? friends? parents?" 

"i don't have any, and... i never had the chance to."

taehyung's smile instantly fell to a frown, but he tried to hide it with a chuckle, "that's funny."
"...?"
"its ironic." 

jimin kept silent, he didin't grasp the situation.

"how are you even lonelier than me, who's dead?"


A/N: 

really late update!
thank you for your patience and for reading,
i really appreciate it. i keep thinking that the
story is kinda slow-paced and boring... i hope
it doesn't bore you too much.
again, thank you for everything!