ghost boy

ghosted (on pause until further notice!)

jimin woke up with some silky hair tingling his forehead.
when he finally opened his eyes, he realized he was still laying cold on the front door, while a complete stranger was hovering on top of him, with the darkest eyes jimin has ever seen, looking at him worriedly, "you woke up?" jimin's senses snapped back when he finally grasped the fact that a complete stranger is literally on top of him. his eyes widened while he hastily stood and crawled back away from the stranger. the stranger, a boy that looked like around jimin's age, slithered closer. 

"who are you?" jimin asked, his arms visibly shaking as he remembered that the same stranger was floating just a second ago. "are you okay?" the stranger answered. "that's not what i asked," jimin replied, it has been so long since jimin talked with someone, and actually talk, not just a mere 'hello' and 'thank you,' that it seemed so unnatural to move his lips. i mean, is this even considered as talking?

the stranger just smiled, "i'm taehyung." jimin gulped, he seemed like an average boy from the outside with the most common name he knew. "were you just floating a second...ago?" "oh yeah, and you fainted- right! are you okay? you bumped really harshly." 

jimin couldn't process all this information. the boy admitted so naturally the idea of him floating that jimin almost let it slide. so many questions, yet no proper answer.

"how can you float?" 

the boy's head went askew, his eyes that seemed deeper than an abyss piercing through his skin, "i don't know, you tell me."

jimin didn't know how to respond. he has never got into a situation like this, or such a prolonged conversation with so many rhetorical questions. his mind went utterly blank, his heartbeats grew stronger as he would start to pant. the stranger noticed it. 

"oh sorry, i didn't mean to scare you."

jimin peeked at the stranger once again, this time with his head low and a soft whisper, "how can you float?" 

"i thought you would know but," the stranger started floating again, his dark locks and baggy clothes prancing with the air, "i'm a ghost." 

 

 

jimin didn't know what to do. he was absolutely speechless. jimin was sure he has never ever been caught in such a huge dilenma, actually, he's sure no one ever has. a boy that barges into his house and proclaims himself that he's a ghost? jimin heaved a sigh while he unwillingly scratched his head in perplexion. "so...ghost?" "yeah?"  jimin still can't believe how casually he's talking with a ghost. 

they were seating facing each other, jimin with the straightest posture he could hold with his legs crossed. he bit his lips and nervously glanced at the supposed ghost again. 

"sup?"

jimin couldn't believe it. no one would believe him. he is talking to a ghost. 

"so, uhm, taehyung...was it?" 
"yeah! jimin?"
"would you...would you mind explaining me what's happening?"

jimin raised his head and tried his best to do eye contact with the ghost, yet shivers kept trickling his spine by the fact that the ghost had the most hollow eyes jimin had seen. the ghost didn't seem amused of the question, he just shifted his legs and cleared his throat, 

"well, i just opened my eyes and found myself here in this room.
i was confused too, then i saw my body floating, and realized: i'm dead." 

jimin took by surprise how serious his voice got. he hadn't noticed how deep and tempting was this ghost's voice, "wait, you mean you found out you were a ghost today?" 
"yeah."
"how are you so calm about that?" 

ghost seemed to lower his head, and gave jimin a weak smile. his broad shoulders seemed to shrink, and his messy hair made him look glum. though he was a ghost, jimin just felt a bit of compassion for him. for a second he just seemed like an average boy. 

no, i mean, a ghost boy. 

 


A/N: 
thank you so much for reading! 
this chapter was fun to write, and we're officially
done with the introduction (۶ꈨຶꎁꈨຶ )۶ʸᵉᵃʰᵎ
next chapters we'll get to action !!!!