ghost

ghosted (on pause until further notice!)

jimin isn't lonely. 
allow me to repeat myself, jimin isn't lonely. 

jimin grew up on his own. both of his parents were busy with their jobs, their minds too busy to even consider birthing another child for jimin. but jimin was okay. he wasn't bothered with the idea of being alone. he actually enjoyed it. he liked how he could do anything he wants to without being looked at. he could read his book shirtless, while running through the hallways, or add a ton of sugar to his chocolate milk, and no one would scold him. he liked being alone, he was okay alone.
but did he fancy it? 

his last year in college. jimin woke up with tired eyes and a deep yawn. a quick session of stretching. a splash of water on his face. the mint being brushed on his teeth, and brushing his hair in one swift. the same clothes, and hastily running towards the bus stop since he was late by 3 minutes.

this repeated always. 

in college, there was nothing new either. jimin wasn't good with people, specially since he has always been alone. school, you wonder? homeschooled. talking with a 65-ish old lady is all the human interaction jimin piled up in his 22 years of life. 

this repeated always, and to be honest, jimin was a bit tired of it too. 

he would stare at friends happily laughing together, or couples holding their hands with beaming smiles. god, he even envied old people who at least had their families always by their sides, taking care of them. jimin always wondered, how does it feel to be in somebody else's mind? 

this repeated always, jimin's heart would always clench in curiosity.

it was already dark. jimin was waiting for his bus with cold hands and neck warm. his cheeks tinted red while his breath turned into mist. his body was completely stern, specially this day that felt colder than usual. he could see his bus coming from a distance. walking close to the road, he raised his hand. the bus stopped. jimin entered the bus quietly, and looked for his card in the back of his jeans. as he tapped the card on the machine, it beeped, saying that there was no enough money for the fare. jimin trembled nervously, he rapidly bowed to the conductor and jumped off the bus. his heart beated crazily. he noticed two other boys entering the bus. one boy didn't have enough money either, but his friend paid for his fare.

this repeated always, jimin longed for someone to be next to him. 

cursing under his breath while he kicked rocks from the gravel, jimin grumbled furiously at himself. why was it that i was born alone? jimin did not believe in god, or any other divine entity, but this day he felt particulary bitter. he was so enraged and jealous, his body was overwhelmed with an emotion he couldn't explain, he decided to just shout it all: 

"why? why is it that i was born alone? god, if you are even real, why did you curse me? why is it that while everyone is happy next to someone, i have to endure it all by myself? why?" 

jimin huffed, grasping for air. his chest tightened so much he fell to his knees. sweat dripped from his forehead, and a chilly breeze cooled his boiling body. jimin really wanted to cry. but he didn't, since he had no reason to do so in the first place. 

this didn't repeat always.

any other day jimin would just accept the fact that he was unlucky enough to be born like this and let it slide. today was a  different day, but jimin being as stubborn and oblivious he is, he thought today was just like any other average day. 

jimin thought that today was like any other average day.
he inserted the key and spun the knob like usually. slowly opening the creaking door, he stood there paralyzed. his throat ached, his spine shuddering while his legs fell limp. there was a boy with dark locks, with the messiest joggings you would've ever seen in your life, and a loosely oversized white tee that showed his collarbone.
but here's the catch: he was floating.

"i hope a roommate won't hurt?" he'd say.

jimin's legs just gave up on him, while he abruptly fell to the ground. 

 


A/N: 
hey! thank you so much for reading, it means a lot to me. i apologize if there is any grammar or spelling mistakes, or if the lowercase bothers you, its just that im so lazy that i don't even have the energy to uppercase every word or re-read hehe(๑꒪̇⌄꒪̇๑)