3 (cont'd)

Arbutus (Thee Only Do I Love)

> Author's note : each chapter will have two parts, to show both Aron and Minhyun's point of view. and I'll be making the upcoming chapters a little longer. I'll try to. hehe :D <

“I didn’t think I’d admire someone so much in one day, only to then lose that admiration because of the one thing they said.”  Minhyun rolled his eyes. Earlier he made himself believe that this Aron person wasn’t Youngmin, and yet he had to be sure. 

‘ Youngmin would have remembered it. He would have remembered me.’ Minhyun thought. He made his way to the grand piano and sat down on the bench. 

“Oh so now you’re choosing to ignore me?” Minhyun closes his eyes begins to play once more. The presence of this person had caused him to remember everything. Memories that he had buried at the back of his mind. 

—————————————————————————

In the corner of the living room at the orphanage, stood an upright piano. Minhyun loved the piano but the only song he had learned so far was Twinkle Twinkle. The piano was the only treasure that the orphanage possessed.

" Maybe one day I'll see you play in an orchestra. " Youngmin sat down beside Minhyun and watches in amazement as he played. "definitely not." Minhyun giggled.

" Oh right, you want to be a singer..." Aron reached out to grab Minhyuyn's hand. He writes out the word ' do your best.' on the palm of his hand. " You have my love and support."

___________________________________________________

The playing stops. His eyes searches for Aron but he was nowhere to be found. Dissappeared into thin air, just like Youngmin. The bell rang signaling the end of the third period. He sighed, there really was no point in him showing up to school if he wasn't going to attend any of his classes. Minhyun laid back down on the ground and stares at the ceiling.

"You're odd." Minhyun turns his attention to the voice. " Why are you back?" Minhyun gave Aron a confused look.

" I just went to the washroom." This person was the odd one here. Why was Aron so persistent? "What about that thing you said to me earlier? No really, why did you come back?"

Aron shrugs. " I thought that there might be a reason why you answered the way you did. Perhaps I came to hear you out." Minhyun scoffs. He was speechless. He didn't know what to say.  Silence, This goes on for 5 minutes until Aron decided to break it.

"Emperor Hwang?" Minhyun was taken by surprise at the nickname that Aron had given him.  " I didn't mean that as a compliment you know."

" Seems like it to me." This boy was beginning to intrigue Minhyun. And no one had managed to interest him the way that Aron did. He was always alone, he hadn't made any effort to get close to anyone in his class. He saw no need for that. This whole day was certainly filled with surprises.