Chapter 3

Arbutus (Thee Only Do I Love)

Aron stood frozen in front of the music room, eyes transfixed on the boy playing the piano with such elegance; each note reverberated throughout the east wing. Not only that, but the boy's voice was like honey and it lulled him into a fantasy world . "That's the chairwoman's son." Minki spoke bringing Aron back to reality.  "Hwang Minhyun, heir to the Hwang electronics."

" When did you get here?" Aron starts to walk away knowing Minki would be following. He didn't mean to skip class, curiousity got the best of him and that's how he ended up at the east wing of the school. " By the way, why is this side of the school empty? I noticed that all the classrooms were barren except the room that he was in."

" Oh that. all the class that was held there had been moved to the other building. That area is used for club activities now." Aron said nothing in response to the new information. His mind wandered back to that moment. Would he be able to get another chance to hear it? To hear the piano being played by that person. To hear that honeyed voice. The two arrive at Aron's next class, he squeezes Minki's hand as his way of saying thanks before allowing him to walk off to his own classroom. Aron stood before the door that lead to his class. He knew that he wouldn't get into too much trouble as he is, after all a new student. He'll just tell them that he got lost. Aron gazes back at the hallway that he came from then looks back at the classroom door.  Aron was never one to miss class, but he couldn't stop thinking about him. He'd have to think of an excuse for tomorrow when the teacher confronts him about his absence.

He really couldn't understand why a mere boy with a beautiful voice and wonderful piano skill was making him act like this.

The piano was no longer being played. But much to Aron's surprise Minhyun was still there, sprawled out on the floor of the music room with his eyes closed and headphones in both ears. From what Minki told him, this boy was an heir to the biggest electronic company in Korea. He thought it'd be best to just leave him. Just as he was about to turn around and leave-

" Don't just stand there watching me like a creep."  Aron was startled. He didn't think that he was awake and thought that he'd walk away without him ever knowing that he was watching him.

" Sorry, I didn't-"    " So what did you think?" Minhyun interrupts Aron before he could begin to explain himself. "Of what?"

"I know you were watching me play earlier." Aron gave him a sheepish grin. " I thought you played really well."

" What about my voice? isn't it the prettiest voice in the world?" Aron was taken aback by his response. Not too long ago this boy captivated him. But the way he had responded, turned him off.

 

 

> Author's note : here you go folks. haha I was supposed to post this chapter earlier but procrastinated.idek<