Chapter 2

Arbutus (Thee Only Do I Love)

For once Minhyun showed up to class,  To him school was nothing but child's play. He has it all- intelligent, good looking and he's the son of the school's chairwoman. The boys envied him while the girls fell head over heels for him. He stares out the window and watches as two blue birds perched themselves on the tree branch. The moment didn't last long as one of the bird decided to leave the other. He turns his attention back to the front of the class to find someone introducing themselves to the class.

'Aron Choi?' He thought. The boy had resembled someone he loved so dearly as a child. Youngmin was his name. 'it's not him.' Sure he resembled Youngmin, but this boy was named Aron and that was that.  If Minhyun really cared about that boy from his past, why didn't he make the effort to search for him? he did, 7 years after he left he went back to the orphanage to ask where Youngmin was now but the staff informed him that old records have been burned. Minhyun made himself believe that he did his best that Youngmin cannot be found. He watches as Aron makes his way to the empty seat in front of him. The boy gave him a quick bow before taking a seat.

Minhyun rested his head on his desk as Mrs. Park began the lesson. He drifted off to sleep.

-------------------------------------------

" Minhyun wait!" A boy calls out. It was one of those days where the kids got a chance to see the outside world. Of course it wasn't just the kids from the orphanage that were present at the park, kids with their parent were there too.

" I want to be an singer when I grow up." Minhyun declared just as Youngmin sat down beside him.

" That's great Min." Youngmin beamed at the news his friend had just told him. " You have the pretiest voice in the whole world." Minhyun blushed at the sudden compliment. The two had just spent the last 2 hours playing tag and were exhausted.

The sun was beginning to set signaling that it was time for the kids to go back. Minhyun stood up, and Youngmin followed suit. He began to make his way to the designated area that the kids were supposed to meet at.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

" A journalist.." Youngmin answered confidently. He knew that Youngmin always had a way with words so he thought that journalist suited him well.

----------------------------------End of dream---------------------------------

 

Minhyun woke up from the feeling of being shaken by someone. The person that woke him was none other than the new kid.

"umm...it's time for the next period." Minhyun nodded and stood up from his seat. He gives one more glance at Aron before walking away. He hadn't dreamt about the past in a long time until today. Instead of going to his next class he decided to head towards the music room in the east wing. After that dream he suddenly wanted to visit the music room. Unfortunately he's had to give up on that dream. He was adopted into the Hwang household, who by the way owns one of the biggest electronic comapany in Korea. Which means that one day he has to succeed his father and lead the company. The Hwangs owned 2 of the most prestigious schools out there, and his mom was the chairwoman of both.

He reaches the music room and sits in front of the grand piano. he begins to play.

 

Author's note:

Hi, I've made some changes here and there. One of the changes is the name. Let me clarify that Aron changes his name after being adopted. And I will put a lot of flashback from both of their childhood so when you see Youngmin it's refering to when he was younger/ or his time at the orphanage. sorry if that's confusing. Aron  will refer to his present self.

Thank you.