Chapter 1

Arbutus (Thee Only Do I Love)

" Will I ever see you again?" Youngmin refuses to let go of Minhyun's hand. He was a year older but rather than being the mature one of the two;  he clinged on to Minhyun the same way a younger sibling would. He had always thought that the two of them would be adopted together and anytime a potential family would take interest in Minhyun he'd find a way to sabotage it. Minhyun knew of his antics but never addressed it. However this family did not come to play and saw right through Youngmin's ploy, no matter what he did, no matter how much he begged the family to adopt him too- in the end he couldn't win.

"Of course."

"Minhyun, let's go." The lady yanked Minhyun's  arm causing him to let go of Youngmin's hand. A single drop of rain fell onto Youngmin's cheek and in that moment it began to pour. It almost seemed like the heavens grieved along side Youngmin. Minhyun's hand had been warm, Youngmin's cold hand always sought out for his warm ones. But now, that warmth was gone; he was gone.

Author's note: From here on out he'll be addressed as Aron. ( he changed it after being adopted.)

10 years later

"wake up, we'll be late for school." Aron forced himself out of bed even though he wanted to sleep just a little longer. He made his way to the kitchen to make breakfast only to find that breakfast had already been made.

" Minki,Didn't I tell you to stay away from the kitchen? Are you trying to send me to the hospital?" He teases as he stared at the plate of charred pancakes. His words earned a glare from the younger male. Despite the comment he made, he ate the pancake nontheless. Aron had been adopted into Minki's family shortly after Minhyun left the orphanage.  Ever since then, he's long forgotten of his existence and Minki filled in that space in his heart that was once occupied by Minhyun. Breakfast concluded at exactly 6:35 everyday, at 6:50 they would get ready and by 7:00 they'd part ways for school. Although his mom insisted he attend the same prestigious school as Minki, Aron refused and opted to go to a local high school. Aron was the top student at his school, he particularly excelled in writing and he was set on becoming a journalist. 

He arrived at the school at 7:50, always 10 minutes before his first class starts.

" Aron, may I have a word with you?" his teacher lead him out into the hall for the conversation. " The other teachers and I held a discussion about your education. And we believe that this school cannot offer you the proper education you deserve. We'll have a discussion with your parents later on the next step. "

Aron could only nod. Aron knew his parents would be delighted at the news since they wanted the best for him. he quite like where he is now but his teachers seem to think he'd be better off somewhere else. Somehow, he didn't want to protest or rather he couldn't bring himself to protest.At the end of the day, it was settled that starting tomorrow he'll be attending the same highschool as Minki.

A transfer in the middle of the semester was odd indeed. He had no problem making his way to his homeroom class. As usual when a new student arrives, it's customary to introduce yourself to the class. He didn't recognize the familar brown haired boy sitting at the back of the class.