Chapter Four

Cold Brew

Sorry for taking so long to update. My mother passed away in July, and then my grandmother in October. It's been a hard few months. But I am trying to get back into the swing of things. So please expect more updates from now on. And now onto the chapter!

Chapter Four

 

Yoongi grimaced as he shut down his laptop. While some of the songs he had created had sold, a lot of the others just weren’t going anywhere. But it did mean he had a little income while he continued to look for a new job. His money was dwindling, he was looking into a new, cheaper apartment as well, he didn’t want to move, but it looked like he might have to. Getting up he went into the living room, he had the door between it and the kitchen open so he could keep an eye on Jimin as he played quietly.

 

Yoongi was a little worried about him, since his little fall he hadn’t been playing as much as he used to. He went over and picked him up, “What’s my little Jiminie doing?” he asked him, tickling his stomach a little.

 

Jimin giggled, his cast almost hitting Yoongi on the head as he flailed around to get out of his father's grip, “was drawing appa,” he giggled.

 

“Really?” Yoongi asked him, “and what was my little artist drawing?” he asked him, setting the child back down on the floor and letting him grab his picture.

 

“Here appa, for you,” he said, “to make you smile.”

 

Yoongi took it, “to make me smile?” he asked, a little confused.

 

“Yep appa, smile, you look sad a lot,” he said, “I don't like it when you sad appa.”

 

Yoongi smiled softly, as he looked to his son, “I’m sorry for looking sad Jiminie, come give appa a big hug, that will always make me smile,” he told him, opening his arms.

 

Jimin didn’t hesitate as he ran forward and wrapped his arms around his appa’s neck, squeezing him tightly. “Love you appa,” he said, snuggling closer.

 

“And Appa loves his Jiminie as well,” he smiled to him, “Now, what about we play?” he said.

 

“Dinosaurs!” Jimin yelled out wiggling in Yoongi’s hold.

 

Yoongi had no choice but to let him down, “Okay, go and grab us some,” he told him.

 

Jimin ran to his bedroom, grabbing some of his toys and bringing them into the living room. He handed one of them to Yoongi and joining his son on the floor they started to play. Yoongi laughed and smiled, letting the troubles and worries he had fade away, even if it was only for a moment. Two hours later he had to stop as dinner needed to be cooked.

 

“Okay, you need to tidy up your things now Jiminie,” he told him as they stopped playing.

 

“But appa, I want to play some more,” he pouted at him, looking sad after they had been able to spend most of the afternoon playing together.

 

“I know, but it’s going to be dinner time soon and after that is storytime and then beddy byes,” he told him, kissing Jimin on the forehead, “so go and put them all away and you can watch a couple of cartoons while I make dinner, okay,” he told him, standing up,

 

“Okay appa,” he sighed, still not happy, but he would do as he was told. He was a good boy after all.

 

Yoongi watched him go with a proud smile on his face as he headed into the kitchen. He was about to start pulling things out of the cupboards when there was a heavy knock on his front door. Frowning he went to answer it. It wasn’t often he had people stop by unexpectedly. He opened the door and saw a teary-eyed teenager.

 

“Hyung,” he cried out as he ran towards him, dropping his things and holding him tightly.

 

“Kookie,” Yoongi said as he held his little brother, “What is it? Why are you here? Shouldn’t you be at home? It’s getting a little later,” he asked him, wondering what on earth Jungkook was doing on his doorstep at almost five in the evening.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know where else to go, no one wants me hyung, no one and I-” he broke off into harsh sobs as Yoongi held him tightly.

 

“Okay,” he said rubbing his back and rocking the two of them from side to side. “It’s okay hyungs here, you know that I wouldn’t go anywhere, shush it's okay,” he told him repeatedly as he waited for him to calm down a little more.

 

Jungkook's cries lessened to little sniffles, “Sorry hyung,” he said, bowing his head as he let him go.

 

“Nothing to be sorry for, grab your things and bring them into the living room, okay. I was just about to start dinner, you can come and help me or watch Jiminie, he has cartoon time now,” he told him as he waited for the teenager to grab his things and entered the flat.

 

Jungkook did so and went with his hyung to the kitchen as he helped him start cooking.

 

“Uncle Kookie!” came an excited yell as Jimin stood in the doorway of the kitchen. He knew better than to enter the room while cooking was going on unless he was told to. And even then he would have to stick to certain areas.

 

“Hey Jiminie, you being good for your appa?” he asked, wiping away the last of his tears.

 

“Yep Uncle Kookie, I be very good,” he grinned as he waited for Jungkook to walk over to him. Holding up one of his arms. He was soon picked up and resting on Jungkook’s hip.

 

“You’re always a good boy aren’t you Jiminie,” he said as he noticed the cast, “What happened?” he asked, glancing at his hyung.

 

“A little fall, he broke his arm about four days ago. He’s okay now for the most part,” he told him, glancing at him as he carried on cutting up the vegetables, adding a bit more for Jungkook.

 

“Oh, did my little Jiminie had a fall?” Jungkook asked him.

 

“Yeah, and it hurt a lot and I had to have this on it, and look, appa and uncle Hobi drawn on it too,” he grinned happily as he tried to show him.

 

“Oh they did as well, can I draw on it as well?” he asked him.

 

“Yes!” jimin squealed as he struggled to go down, “down please,” he said and was let go on the floor. He grabbed Jungkook's hand and pulled him from the kitchen. Yoongi smiled softly, he would have to wait to learn what was going on with Jungkook, but it looked like being with Jimin would cheer the younger up a little at least. 

 

XxXxX

 

Yoongi walked out of Jimin’s bedroom and into the living room. He saw Jungkook curled on the sofa and went over, “So are you going to tell me what is going on?” he asked him.

 

Jungkook stiffened, eyes darting to Yoongi and then back to the TV, “I… they kicked me out hyung. I was out with my friends, and I kissed Jinyoung. They found out, they found out that I like boys and not girls and they kicked me out,” he said, tears beginning to form as he thought of the things they had called him as they grabbed some of his things and threw them at him.

 

Yoongi winced and wrapped his arms around his brother, “It’s okay, you always have a place with me, you know that right?” he told him

 

“I know hyung, I know, but I… I don't want to be a bother or a burden hyung, I-” he cut himself off as he just buried his head in Yoongi’s chest, “I can’t do that to you hyung, you have Jiminie and you don't need me hanging around as well.”

 

“Jungkook,” Yoongi said, pulling him back and making sure the younger was looking at him, “I don’t care, you are my little brother and as your hyung, it’s my job to watch out for you. Never ever think you can’t come to me. It means we’ll have to move to a smaller place for a while,” he said, thinking of the money he would now need to get Jungkook into a school and again for extra food.

 

“Why smaller?” he asked.

 

“Money is a little short at the moment, lost my job and had medical bills to pay, nothing for you to worry about all right, but for now you might be sharing a room with Jiminie for a while, Sorry I can’t give you your own room. But for tonight, you can have my bed and I’ll sleep on the sofa,” he told him.

 

“I can’t do that hyung,” Jungkook said, shaking his head, eyes wide.

 

Yoongi smiled, “You can, you need a good night's sleep after this. I’m looking for work, so I’ll be fine on the sofa. We’ll need to find you a new school as well,” he added.

 

“I… they threw everything I needed at me, told me that I should go to you since they didn’t want me,” he told him as he got up and went over to his bag, grabbing the things that had been tossed to him.

 

Yoongi took them looking them over, “right,” he nodded, “They are giving me all rights over you, so you don't have to worry about them coming to try and take you back,” he said to him.

 

Jungkook heard that and the last hope he had of seeing his parents again flew out of the window. He broke down in tears as Yoongi did his best to comfort him. It took a while, but soon Jungkook had cried himself into an exhausted sleep.

 

XxXxX

 

Four days later the last box of things was moved from the apartment he had since Jimin had been born. Yoongi looked around the place once last time, trying to remember all the good times they had there. He sighed and left, picking up the box and closing the door for the last time. They were moving to another neighbourhood. Wasn’t exactly a safe one, but it was cheap and it would mean the money he had left would stretch another few weeks before he would have to start getting rid of more of his things.

 

“You sure you don't need help hyung?” Hoseok asked him, he had been drafted in to help with the moving. Namjoon was going to help but had been called into work.

 

“I’m fine Hobi,” he told him as he walked down the stairs of the apartment building and to the waiting car. They had moved mostly everything over already. Jungkook was there with Jimin watching the little boy for him as they waited for the two to come back.

 

Putting the last box into the car and shutting it. They got in and headed towards the new apartment. Yoongi hated the neighbourhood, it was run down and he knew that there was going to be no way that he would let Jungkook out as soon as he got back home from school. Which he still needed to start looking into. Pulling up they got out, grabbing things from the back and heading up the three flights of steps and into the apartment, Jimin was playing on the floor with Jungkook, he smiled at the two of them, at least they were having fun. Though he had seen the worried look on Jungkook’s face a few times Yoongi had skipped a meal or two.

 

“Okay, that's the last of it,” Hoseok grinned three trips later.

 

“Yeah,” Yoongi said as the two started sorting out the rooms. Happy that Jungkook was able to keep Jimin out of the way as the only bedroom was crammed with the two beds that the kids would be using. Yoongi himself was going to be sleeping on the sofa each night. But he didn’t care about that. He just had to remind himself that this was only temporary until he could afford to get a bigger apartment for them all again until he could get a job.

 

Hoseok treated the little family to a take out, though Yoongi had tried to pay several times, he had been sat on by Hoseok until he gave up, complaining all the time that Hoseok was getting heavy, with led to Yoongi being tickled, Jimin quickly joining it. The flat may be small, but at least it was going to be filled with laughter. Yoongi could live with that.