Chapter Three

Cold Brew

Chapter Three

 

“Taehyung!” Jin called out to his younger brother once more, “hurry up and get your things, we need to leave!” shaking his head Jin went back into his small office and grabbed some of the paperwork he needs to do during the day. Owning a cafe was fun, and relaxing for him when he thought of all the things he needed to do for his late father's company. He sighed as he looked at the reports he needed to go over, and the other million little things that he needed to do.

 

“I’m ready hyung!” Taehyung said walking into the office, “Do I really have to bring my homework?” he asked, pulling a face.

 

Jin turned and stared at him, “What do you think?”

 

“Yes,” he muttered as he shouldered his bag, “I could just help out?” he asked brightly, “I would rather do some work around the cafe than homework any day.”

 

“Doesn't matter if you do, I want you to get a good education, Eomma and Appa trusted me to make sure that you would do that at least,” Jin said as he packed away the paperwork into his bag and started to head out of the room.

 

“Fine, but I still think it is a waste of time, I just want to work already,” he mopped a little following Jin as he went out of the large apartment.

 

Jin went to the life and pressed the button, “Maybe so, but that doesn't mean that you should neglect your education Taetae, it’s important to me and to our parents,” he told him, “Not only that but you’re still only fourteen, not old enough to really work anything but a small weekend job and even then that's a little sketchy,” he told him, as the lift arrived.

 

“But Jin hyung!” he complained.

 

“No more buts Taetae,” he told him, “You're going to be doing your homework before anything else today, and don't think I will let you out of it. I have my own work to do as you well know,” he gave him a look.

 

Taehyung slumped as he went into the lift, leaning against the back wall of it as it started to descend to the basement level, where Jin’s car was parked. Jin went towards the car as soon as they got out of the lift. Taehyung was still reluctant as he followed him, but he knew he couldn’t really argue with his brother. It was never a good idea, he never won. They got in and Jin tried to get Taehyung to cheer up a little. He hated to see his brother mope around like that. It reminded him of when he was little and they had just learned of their parent's death. It had taken Taehyung the longest time to start smiling again.

 

Almost half hour later Jin was pulling the car into a carpark near his cafe and got out, “Have you got to go to the office today?” Taehyung asked him as they got out of the car.

 

“Just for a little bit later on,” he answered him, giving him a small smile.

 

“Can I come with you?” he asked him, “I promise I won't cause any trouble.”

 

Jin looked at him and then nodded, “all right, you can come with me, but one bit of acting out and I’ll send you to the car to wait for me there,” he threatened.

 

Taehyung gave a boxy grin, “I promise!” he called out as Jin started to open up the cafe. It was early morning, and none of his employees would be coming in for another two hours yet. But that didn’t mean he couldn’t make a start of the cakes and muffins that they sold as well as the fresh sandwiches.

 

“Want to help make the food?” Jin asked him, knowing that his younger brother liked to help him.

 

“Really?” he brightened, excitement in his voice.

 

“Really, come on,” he said as he walked into the cafe, turning things on as he went, it was almost seven in the morning. He liked to make things fresh, and they would have the delivery coming in soon. Taehyung danced around a little as he put his bag in the back, to keep it out of the way as the two of them got to work on the food that they could start while waiting for the delivery to come at seven.

 

XxXxX

 

Jin walked into the office at the back of the cafe. He and Taehyung had just arrived back from their families company. Jin loved his cafe and preferred to work there and not at the company. Though he would never let something happen to it. His father had built it up from nothing and now it was one of the top companies in Seoul, it cornered the market in most respects. He had a few rivals, and while trouble had come and gone with them in the past. Nothing had happened recently.

 

Sitting down, Taehyung walked into the office with him, “I don’t know how you can stand them all just going yes to whatever you suggest, hyung,” he muttered as he sat down on a chair.

 

Jin smiled to him, “I don't like it to be honest with you Taehyung. It is… annoying to say the least, though I don't have much of a choice, the board refuses to let them go at the moment. And I don't think I’m going to be able to change that for a while,” he muttered, shaking his head, “I’ll find something to do so soon though,” he smiled as he saw the look on Taehyung’s face.

 

“Okay, if you say so hyung,” he grinned at him.

 

“Right, I have more work to do and I know you still have some homework,” Jin said, giving him a little grin.

 

“Was hoping you would forget about that Hyung,” he murmured, a pout on his face.

 

Jin laughed, eyes lighting up, “You can hope little Taehyung, but you know that will never happen. hyung knows all, hyung sees all,” he grinned.

 

“No fair hyung,” he said, though there was a smile on his face.

 

“Go and get it you can do it here or out front,” he told him.

 

“Out front. I like to people watch, and I can get coffee,” he said with a grin, as he darted out the room.

 

“More like I won't be there to watch over you,” he muttered, chuckling lightly. He looked down to his own work and sighed, and started to read through a few reports, before going through a couple of invoices for the cafe. It was a little hard to run two businesses at the same time. But he quickly got used to it. Having a cafe was his dream, and it was something he wanted to do for a long time.

 

He glanced up almost an hour later when someone knocked on the door, “come in,” he called out. He knew it wasn’t Taehyung, as he would never knock, he would just come straight in.

 

“Hey hyung,” a tall young man greeted as he opened the door, a dimpled smile on his face, hair dyed ash grey.

 

“Namjoonie,” Jin greeted his best friend with a smile, “How are you?”

 

“Good hyung, good,” he grinned at him, “Just thought I would stop by since I was in the area,” he added as he walked in and sat down.

 

“In the area, you work not three blocks away, you’re always in the area,” he laughed, “I’ll get us some drinks,” he told him, as he started to get up.

 

“Already done, americano for me and a latte for you hyung,” he told him, “they should be here in a bit,” he stretched out in his chair for a moment.

 

“Everything okay?” he asked him.

 

“A little bit hectic at the moment, and not just from work,” he told him, “Hobi has been worrying about a friend recently.” He didn’t bother going into the details of it, “And work is just as bad, we’re trying to get a new artist off the ground, but they aren’t willing to play well with others,” he added, pulling a face.

 

“Always the same these day, they think they should have everything done for them,” Jin snorted, it was always the same. Namjoon only complained about the ones that felt entitled to something, r when they started working with the producer. Namjoon had a good few artists under his belt, that worked as hard as the young man before he did.

 

“Yeah, this one is like that,” he muttered, “don't think he is going to last with us for long.” He shrugged, not really caring that much. He had seen a number of them come and go, most of them didn’t make it, but the ones that worked hard, and did their best, he would make sure would have his full backing and he would work just as hard as they did to make sure they made it.

 

One of Jin’s barristers walked in, hanging out the drinks to the two of them. They talked for a little while longer until Namjoon’s break was over and he needed to head back to work. Jin sighed as another of his workers came into the room, “Jin oppa,” she said softly.

 

“Yes Jisoo,” he said greeting her with a smile.

 

“I’ve just got news from my family, they need me back home. I’ll need to leave within the week,” she told him, feeling bad that she would leave him short.

 

Jin nodded, holding back a sigh, “that's all right. If your family need you then you should go.”

 

“Thank you oppa,” she smiled to him, leaving the room.

 

Jin settled back down to his work, only to be interrupted again twenty minutes later. He bit back a yell as he had a lot of work to do and called for them to come in. He frowned when he saw who it was. He blinked, “I thought I asked that you not come here,” he told him softly.,

 

“I know, but I do have information and I need to head out again in the morning. So I only have now to do this,” he answered him.

 

“Okay, what do you have?” Jin asked the Private investigator he had hired to look into his parent's death.

 

“I was able to find the report on the car that hit them. It was a high-end car as well from what they had been able to determine. I’m already starting to look into the make and model of it as well. Though that might take a little time,” he told him, as he pulled out a few documents.

 

“So it wasn’t a normal accident?” he asked him.

 

“No, it wasn’t. It looked like the car had been hit on purpose. We’re tracking the hit vehicle at the moment, but it might take a while. Which is also why I am leaving. We got a small lead in Daegu, but whether or not that pans out, well, only time will tell on that,” he answered him.

 

“Right, get back to me as soon as you have anything more, and thank you for at least talking to me before you disappeared on me,” he smiled a little.

 

“Welcome. We have no idea yet on who could have done this, but it does look like a hit basically,” he told him.

 

“Yeah, which is why I wanted to hire you in the first place. I know it was no accident. My appa said something before he died, that made it seem like someone was up to something. I’m trying to uncover that as well,” he sighed.

 

“I and my people are working on both issues, please be patient and don't do anything yourself. If they killed your parents, they could easily come after you or even your brother,” he wanted him.

 

“I know, and I’m being careful. Which is why I pretend to be more interested in just remain here that being at the office all the time, I know someone there is watching,” he shivered a little, “Thank you.”

 

“Welcome, and be careful,” he told him as he then left, leaving what he found in Jin’s hands.

 

Jin picked them up, seeing the car that his parents had been in when they had been killed had shocked him. He shuddered a little as he put them away, he didn’t want Taehyung to see. He went back to his work, glad that his little brother had decided to be out front instead of in the office with him while he received the news.