Chapter Two

Cold Brew

Chapter Two

 

Yoongi ran up the stairs, two at a time, in the apartment building he lived in. He had a small two bedroomed flat. Just about large enough for the two of them to have their own rooms. Pulling his keys out before he reached the door. He unlocked it and rushed into the living room. He saw Lisa on the sofa, Jimin in her arms still crying almost screaming as she rocked him a little, trying to soothe his cries. He went over and picked him up carefully. Jimin was cradling his left arm to his chest.

 

“Thank you, Lisa, you can go, I’ll have to pay you later,” he told her, though he felt like not doing so since she hadn’t been listening to what he had been telling her.

 

Lisa nodded and got up, “Sorry Yoongi oppa,” she told him as she gathered her things and walked out of the flat.

 

Yoongi sat down on the sofa and rocked Jimin back and forth, “Jiminie,” he called to his son softly, “I need you to tell me what's wrong sweetheart,” he coaxed, hoping it would help soothe his little boy.

 

Jimin was still crying, but they were starting to quieten down a little. “Hurts appa, hurts,” he cried, curling closer to his dad, arm still pressed against his chest, as though to try and protect it.

 

“What hurts sweetie?” he asked him, hoping that he would be able to tell him.

 

“Arm, arm hurts appa,” he sniffed, finally calming a little, but tears were still falling from his eyes.

 

“Can appa have a look Jiminie?” he asked him gently, trying to look at the arm that was held tight against Jimin’s little body.

 

“No, hurts, hurts bad appa,” he told him shying away from Yoongi.

 

“Okay sweetie,” Yoongi sighed shaking his head a little as he pulled his phone from his pocket, “Would you like to see Uncle Hobi?” he asked him, a little smile on his face as Jimin nodded a little before resting his head against Yoongi’s shoulder.

 

Yoongi went through his contacts, there were only four numbers, his little brothers, his best friend, work and his ex Jisoo. Clicking on Hoseok’s he waited for the call to connect. He felt really bad for calling him as he knew that Hoseok was out on a date with Namjoon. Giving it a little thought to if he would meet Namjoon any time soon, he gave a sigh and a shake of his head.

 

“Hey,” came a cheerful voice, “Thought you were working?” he questioned, he could hear murmuring in the background.

 

“I was Hobi,” he said, sounding like the world was on his shoulders. And as far as the young single father was concerned it was, “I really hate to ask, but Jimin had a fall while Lisa was watching him. He’s hurt his arm.”

 

“Shouldn’t he be in bed?” Hoseok asked him.

 

“Yeah, over two hours ago,” he muttered his face twitching at his annoyance of his orders being disregarded, “But anyway, Jimin had a fall, he keeps saying his arm is hurting him badly. He’s still crying. I was hoping that you might be able to get here and take us to the walk-in centre, I would just walk it, but… I don't think it would be a good idea with Jimin at the moment. Not if he is in a lot of pain,” he added, hoping that Hoseok would be able to help him.

 

“Of course I’ll come, I’ll just drop Namjoon home on the way, that's all, I’ll be there in about 10 mins maybe 15 depends on the traffic out there,” he told him softly.

 

“Thanks, Hobi, I don't know what I would do without you, you’re a lifesaver,” he said gratefully as he sighed in relief rocking Jimin a little as fresh tears began to fall.

 

“Welcome Yoongi, and don't worry all right. I’ll be there soon, and we’ll get Jiminie all checked out,” he told him, keeping his voice cheerful.

 

“Thanks though,” he repeated, feeling relieved that Hoseok was going to help him.

 

“Welcome, and I’ll see you in a bit,” he told him.

 

“Bye Hobi,” he smiled as the two of them hung up the phone.

 

“Uncle Hobi coming?” Jimin asked, sniffing and crying as he curled up a little more on his father's lap.

 

“Yes, Uncle Hobi is coming and he’s coming to take us to make sure your owwie is going to be okay,” he told him softly.

 

“Okay,” he nodded as Yoongi rocked him slowly. He knew that Hoseok would be able to let himself in since the other had a key. Jimin started to cry again as his arm continues to hurt him, “I know sweetheart, I know,” he said, his heart breaking at the cries. He didn’t know what to do to soothe him. He knew something was wrong with him, and he couldn’t do anything to help him. He was there for another ten minutes when the door unlocked and Hoseok walked in.

 

The man was lean, muscled from the dancing he did every day. “Hey Yoongi,” he said as he walked into the living room. He could see that Yoongi was just as upset as Jimin, though not showing it like the younger was. “How are you Jiminie?” he asked as he walked over and knelt down.

 

“Hurt’s uncle Hobi,” Jimin sniggled as he looked up, face wet with tears.

 

“Well, let's get you out of here and to the walk-in so we can sort your owwie out, yeah?” he said as he looked at Yoongi.

 

“Yeah,” Yoongi agreed and got up, “grab him a coat and shoes,” he said as he walked carefully with Jimin in his arms, not wanting to bump his arm at all.

 

Hoseok nodded and quickly got the two into his car, he talked a little about his date, but not much. It was mainly to distract Yoongi from his worries and Jimin from his pain. They arrived at the walk in and went inside. Hoseok went with them as Jimin was seen.

 

“Broken arm,” Yoongi said as he was at the reception desk almost two hours later. Jimin had been treated and was now sleeping in his arms as Yoongi did his best to pay the bill he now had. He winced at the cost but knew that it could have been a lot worse. He sighed and carried on.

 

“Come on let's get the two of you home,” Hoseok said, seeing the look of distress on Yoongi’s face and wondered what the cause was.

 

“Yeah,” he said as he finished up, signing the last of the paperwork and followed Hoseok to his car. He settled Jimin into the car seat in the back and strapped him in. Glad that he hadn’t woken up at all.

 

The drive was quiet, Hoseok glanced at Yoongi and could see he was worried. As he parked the car near Yoongi’s apartment building he asked, “Mind if I come up for a little while?”

 

“Sure, come on,” he said with a shrug as he unbuckled Jimin and took the sleeping child inside. Hoseok following him. Unlocked the front door for Yoongi he smiled a little as he saw Yoong start to relax. “I’m just going to put Jimin to bed, make some tea for us?” he asked as he headed to Jimin’s room after taking his shoes off and carefully taking his and Jimin’s coats off.

 

Hoseok nodded and watched the two of them go, “Sure,” he called out softly, not wanting to wake Jimin up at all. He was still in a little pain, though he knew that would ease after a while and they would just have to give him something when it was painful for him.

 

Yoongi walked back in as Hoseok finished making the tea, “Thanks,” he smiled slightly at his friend as he went to the sofa and sat down. He was tired and just wanted to sleep. It was almost midnight.

 

“You okay?” Hoseok asked him, sipping at his tea as he looked at his friend.

 

Yoongi stared at him for a moment before shaking his head, “Not really,” he said “I’ve been fired,” he told him the basics of what happened.

 

“What the hell?” Hoseok blinked, “But you’ve worked there for ages, why the hell would she fire you?”

 

“Because Jimin was more important than finishing a shift,” he said, explain more of what had happened and how she had threatened him before firing him. “She gave me a warning, but well Jimin comes first,” he told him, “I don’t even know what I’m going to do now, I’ve been looking for other jobs for a while,” he sighed, slumping in his chair a little more, sipping at his tea.

 

“ing hell,” Hoseok curse, making Yoongi blink, “Yeah I know,” he muttered “But really, she has no right for that. I would ask someone and see if they can sue her for wrongful dismissal,” he told him.

 

“I don’t really care to be honest. I hated the job anyway. I know I worked there a long time but that was more because it was one of the few places to hire me when I didn’t even finish college,” he added.

 

“You still thinking about trying to go back?” Hoseok asked him, a little curious.

 

“No, what I was saving for that was used tonight for Jimin and who knows how much is going to be taken from it until I can find another job. It wasn’t exactly a well-paying job either, so I don't have much savings, to begin with,” he added, “I’ll just have to keep an eye out all the time,” he smiled a little, trying to reassure Hoseok as much as himself that things will get better.

 

“You get a bit from Jisoo don't you?” he asked him.

 

“Yeah, and that barely covers anything. She’s trying to get back into college as well, and she now lives in Busan and not here in Seoul anymore,” he told him.

 

“I forgot about the move,” he sighed, “I’ll have to keep an eye out, though if you need help ask me. You know I will.”

 

“I know, but I would prefer not to if I can help it,” he said shaking his head.

 

Hoseok looked at him, staring at him, “Yoongi, you’re my best friend, I was there when Jimin was born, I was there when you and Jisoo realised that you weren't meant to be together. I was there when you decided to take Jimin into your care full time. I will always be here for you. All you have to do is call me and I will be here.”

 

“I know that, but… Hobi, you need to live your own life without having to worry about me. We’ll be fine, you’ve got Namjoon,” he told him, “Who I still haven't met and you've been together for over a year!” he exclaimed, wondering when he would get to meet this elusive boyfriend.

 

“Not happening, I would lose the two of you,” he snorted, though Yoongi could see the humour behind it, “He gets busy a lot with his work,” he told him.

 

“I can understand that, but just one day I would actually like to meet him before the two of you get married,” he grinned, teasing his friend.

 

“You will, promise,” he smiled back, laughing lightly.

 

Yoongi laughed along with him, feeling a little better, “You should get home. I bet Namjoon is wondering where you are,” he told him.

 

“He knows I'm here, and he understands that you’re my family,” Hoseok said to him, drinking more of his tea.

 

Yoongi gulped down the rest of his, “yeah, well I’m going to be kicking you out, as I want some sleep. Jimin is going to be a cranky brat all day tomorrow because of his lack of sleep.”

 

“Yeah, have fun with that,” he snorted, finishing his tea and getting up.

 

Yoongi did the same, grabbing the mug from Hoseok and seeing him out, before cleaning up the kitchen and living room. He yawned, checking on Jimin again before he went to his own room. The four almost five years old was sleeping peacefully. And Yoongi hoped it would be the same for the rest of the night. Yawning again as he walked into his bedroom, he changed and crawled into bed, it didn’t take him long to fall asleep, the events of the night weighing on him heavily.