Epilogue

The Jinx and The Weirdo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*AmuDai*

 

Daiki looked at his phone for the nth time before sighing in defeat. The weekend passed and Amu didn't contact him at all - not even a single text! He slumped his head down on his own desk and felt his chin firmly touch the surface of the table. His eyes followed the turning of the second hand of the clock and just wished for time to pass by quicker, “I can’t wait to see you…” he whispered in the air before feeling another sigh escape his lips. 

 

“Why, thank you… I missed you too, Dai-chan” Hearing his friend’s miserable statement, Ryosuke teased the latter. He laughed at the older boy, as if enjoying his torture. 

 

“Urusai” 

 

“Amu-chan didn’t contact you yet, huh?” Ryosuke chuckled before arranging his bag on his own desk. He was with Daiki this whole weekend and he knows how many times the boy looked at his phone to hear from Amu. “Why don’t you just call her? You’re the guy! You should be the one making the first move!”

 

“Easy for you to say, you already got a date with Rio-chan!” Daiki replied, still his head slumped down on his desk. He then took another glimpse off his phone, hoping for Amu’s text, but still, none. 

 

“Well, it’s not even a date. Rio thinks we’ll be going out with you and Amu for a study session,” It was Ryosuke’s turn to sulk. He spent almost the whole weekend thinking of ways to confess to Rio, but when he finally had the courage to ask her for a date, Rio mistakenly assumed that he was asking her for join him and Daiki for a group study session for their upcoming exam. 

 

Daiki was about to laugh back at Ryosuke when he felt a slight vibration coming from his phone. With much excitement, he looked at the screen and saw Amu’s name as the caller ID. 

 

“It’s AMU-CHAN!” Daiki almost shouted.

 

“Baka! Answer it!”

 

“Oh, right!” Daiki tried his best to stay calm and composed before pressing the ‘answer button’. “Moshi moshi?”

 

 

“Anou, Dai-chan?” Daiki heard a soft voice through the earpiece, “Rio-chan and I got the letter from the principal giving us our scholarship back!” Amu conveyed the good news which was enough to make Daiki smile on his place. 

 

“Yokatta… Omedetou!”

 

“I-I… Hmm….” Amu struggled to speak. It was obvious that she still has something to say but something is stopping her from asking. Daiki tried his best to listen and heard little whispers just beside Amu. It must be Rio, “Dai-chan… I was wondering, if you’re free… or if it’s not too much to ask… and as a ‘thank you’… do you want to… maybe go out after school today? Maybe?” Amu struggled to construct coherent sentences, feeling nervous to ask Daiki out. 

 

Daiki, on the other hand, is also struggling to cope. His heart rate rapidly increased and he felt his palms getting all sweaty. Did Amu just ask him for a date? Or maybe she’s just asking him for a study session like Rio assumed about Ryosuke’s invitation. 

 

He cleared his throat before speaking, “Go out, you mean… like for a study session with Rio-chan and Ryo?” Daiki felt stupid after saying this, even Ryosuke face-palmed himself. 

 

“N-No… Go out, I mean… just the two of us. But if you’re busy then it’s oka—.” 

 

“NO! I’m free! I’ll meet you outside the campus” Daiki cut off Amu’s sentence and felt his lips involuntarily pull apart from ear to ear. He heard the girl sigh in relief on the other end of the line before hearing a beep that signalled the end of the call. Daiki then turned to Ryosuke with a massive grin on his face.

 

-

 

“I finally got my date”

 

 

It’s exactly 4:15pm and Daiki saw people wearing the same uniform as him walking past Hakusenkan gate. He waited patiently for Amu in the nearby cafe shop not so far their campus where they decided to meet.

 

Being as popular as he is, the girls inside the cafe couldn’t help but to turn their heads towards the handsome guy waiting just outside. He wasn’t even waiting for ten minutes when two girls approached Daiki. 

 

“Arioka-kun?” One of the girls tried to gain Daiki’s attention. She succeeded and saw Daiki greeting back. 

 

“Ah… Suzuki-san and Yamamoto-san, right?” Daiki gave off a friendly smile at the two girls. Daiki immediately recognised them as they went to the same high school. 

 

“What are you doing here? Are you waiting for someone?”

 

“Hmm… yeah”

 

“Your girlfriend?” One of the girls asked hoping Daiki will say ‘no’ and be available. 

 

“Well… not exactly” Daiki replied with doubt painted across his face, taken aback from the sudden question. Well, it’s true. Amu is not exactly his girlfriend yet, since she hasn’t officially responded to Daiki’s confession. 

 

“I see… Then maybe sometime we can go out together?” The girl pushed her luck, not noticing a pouting girl not so far away. 

 

Amu reached the same cafe and saw Daiki being swarmed by two girls. She saw Daiki laughing with the two girls like they knew each other for a long time. Amu had a glimpse at the two girls’ eyes and had the chance to read their minds:

 

“Arioka-kun is still as cute as ever”

 

“Thank God he’s available. I want him to be my boyfriend”

 

“He’s too handsome”

 

“Maybe I’ll ask him for a date”

 

Amu read their thoughts and felt a tight clutch on her chest. With much courage, she forced both her feet towards Daiki and the two girls. She didn’t think much about the best way to tackle the situation. All she knew is that someone is hitting on Daiki and it’s annoying her. Before she could even stop herself, she was already in front of the two girls, enough to make them stop talking.

 

“Dai-chan… sorry if I kept you waiting” Amu said softly, wanting to hit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter