Hide!

The Jinx and The Weirdo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 


“That’s her! Amu Kitagawa”

“I can’t believe she still have the face to come to school”

“I think she’s bewitching Dai-chan to like her”

“She’s ruining Daiki and Ryosuke’s image”

“She’s still as weird as ever”

 

 

Amu forced her feet inside University grounds and noticed all pairs of eyes following her direction. Not only her own classmates, but all the people in the campus looked at her with judging and unforgiving looks. Being blessed with her known ability, Amu read the unappeasable thoughts inside their heads. Amu used to randomly read people’s minds, but this time, it was different... Everyone’s thoughts seem to revolve around HER. 

 

Before reaching her own classroom, a sigh of relief escaped Amu’s lips as soon as she found a familiar friendly face standing not so far away. “Ohayou, Rio-chan” She tried to gain Rio’s attention but the girl was too busy looking at the bulletin board located just outside their homeroom. Amu’s smile soon faded after her gaze landed on the notice board right in front. Her eyes widened in disbelief, seeing massive photos of herself and Daiki holding hands from their ‘date’ the day before. The photos also included Ryosuke and Rio together, acting like a couple. 

 

“Uhgg, both of them are here” Rio and Amu heard random whispers and cold glares coming from their classmates. “Do us a favour and stay away from Yamada-kun and Arioka-kun”, one of the students say as she rolled her eyes. All of them then formed a circle and trapped Amu and Rio inside as if ready to start a rumble. 

 

“Yeah! You’re ruining their image” another girl shouted, earning nods from all the people around. This was enough to make Rio hold on to Amu’s hand, almost hiding the younger one behind her back. They only have each other now. Everyone in Hakusenkan hates them, up to a point that they want them gone, “You’re putting their reputation down!”

 

“Amu-chan, we have to run” Rio whispered, tightening her grasp on Amu’s hand. Amu then nodded before trailing behind the older girl. Rio looked down and tried her best to push through the crowd while ensuring Amu is just right behind her. She felt piercing looks coming from her classmates and felt someone physically step on her foot, desperate to inflict some pain to the latter. After successfully pushing their way through, Rio and Amu quickly ran away from the crowd.

 

 

“Rio-chan, are you okay?” Amu examined her friend up and down after securing both of their safety up the university’s roof top. Rio tried to catch her breath after locking the door behind. 

 

“They really hate us, huh?” Rio replied and examined her hurt foot. “Did they hurt you?” It was Rio’s turn to check up on Amu who seems to be struggling to stay calm. Her mind started playing tricks on her and kept repeating the harsh words their classmates said earlier – repeated inside her head like a recorder. 

 

“I don’t want Dai-chan to suffer because of me” Amu started. She felt her bottom half slump down on the floor and Rio sat down next to her. Both of them stared into the horizon and thought how naive they were for thinking everything will be okay but in actual fact, it’s not. “His friends will start hating him and it will be because of me”, she continued before feeling Rio pull her closer into  a deep embrace. The older one rested her face on Amu’s shoulder and felt tears running down her cheeks. 

 

“I think it’ll be best if they didn’t meet us in the first place”

 

______

 

“So… did you and Amu-chan kiss?” Ryosuke wiggled his eyebrows teasingly as soon as he saw Daiki. He didn’t even greet him ‘good morning’, he just straightforwardly asked after seeing the photos of Amu and his best friend posted on the bulletin board, “You two look lovey dovey with those photos!” Ryosuke continued his teasing before feeling a firm whack from his blushing friend. 

 

“Baka! We didn’t do anything!” Daiki countered and rested his arm on his desk. He saw Ryosuke twirl his chair and faced his own table, ready to ask a few more questions. “I should be asking about you and Rio! You looked so lovey dovey in those photos too, you know!” Ryosuke heard him say which was enough to make a smile form on  his face. Indeed, those images didn’t bother them at all. They’re actually quite impressed with the photos that Ryosuke kept a copy for himself. He admired the picture of him and Rio running in the rain like it was a scene in the movie. Little did he know, those same photos are the reason why Amu and Rio are suffering. 

 

“Oi!” Daiki saw Ryosuke grinning whilst looking at the printed picture. He tried his best to gain his friend’s attention, “Look at you acting so love-struck! Did you confess yet?”

 

“Well, not yet… I haven’t even seen her today. Have you?” 

 

“Now that you mentioned it, I haven’t seen Amu-chan at all today” Both boys looked around the room, hoping to see even just a glimpse of Amu and Rio but to their dismay, both of them are nowhere to be seen. Being scholars, Rio and Amu don’t usually miss even a single lecture and homeroom sessions. This made the two boys worry, “I hope they’re okay”.

 

___

 

“Have you seen Amu and Rio yet?” Ryosuke asked as soon as he saw Daiki coming out from his third class of the day. He said this like he was already panicking. They’ve had all their morning lessons and there are still no signs of the girls. Ryosuke and Rio usually go to Physiology class together but he was disappointed after realising the girl didn’t attend the said class. 

 

“I didn’t see Amu-chan in Sociology class today too” Daiki wondered before placing his things inside his locker. He then fiddled with his phone and dialled both Amu and Rio’s numbers but both of them didn’t answer.

 

“I tried calling Rio-chan earlier, but her phone was turned off” Ryosuke gave off a big sigh, “I feel like she’s ignoring me”.

 

“I have a bad feeling about this. Let’s find them”

 

—-

 

It’s nearly the end of the day and no sign of the two girls are found. Both Rio and Amu found themselves spending the whole day at the furthest and most isolated part of the University library where barely anyone goes to. They spent the whole day studying and avoiding people’s glares. 

 

“Do you think it’s now safe to go out?” Amu asked, looking around for any signs of life behind massive book shelves in the library. She sighed for the nth time and thought how miserable the day had been not being able to see Daiki today. “We can’t be like this forever”

 

“I know… But I think it’s best to hide for now. All I do is give bad luck to Yama-chan whenever I’m near him” Rio rested her head at the back of her seat and stared at the ceiling for awhile. “I wish I wasn’t born unlucky” She whispered to herself and just wished she’s normal. Maybe if she was, falling in love wouldn’t be this complicated. 

 

“We can watch out for each other instead!” Amu patted Rio’s shoulder and flashed a doubtful smile at her, not knowing what future Hakusenkan has for them.

 

—---

 

It was almost 6pm and the darkened skies outside prompted the two girls to walk their way towards the exit of the premises, hoping that no students remained in campus at this late hour. There are still people inside the building but the two girls just walked steadily and tried not to catch any attention. Amu and Rio nearly reached the exit when a group of students hindered them in going any further. 

 

“We finally found you” a total of six students appeared before Amu and Rio: two female and four male students. The six of them led Rio and Amu into a dark and hallow corridor which led into a dead end, leaving the two girls with nowhere to go. “You’re leaving us with no choice but to make you stay away from Yamada-san and Arioka-san”

 

“W-We didn’t do anything wrong” Rio stuttered a bit but tried to stay strong to protect Amu. 

 

“You b*tch. Do you really think you’re compatible with Ryosuke? He belongs to everyone! I can’t let you ruin his reputation” One of the girls say before signalling three of her companions to grab both of Rio’s arms. “Bring her to the basement” The girl instructed which made them almost carry Rio away from Amu. 

 

“Wait! Leave her alone!” Amu tried to break Rio free from the tight grasp of the two boys but instead, she was thrown towards the wall. She pulled herself up but one of the girls pushed her back, making her stumble, “Where are you taking her?!”, she asked after seeing two boys dragging Rio away. The remaining people just sniggered in delight, amused of the scene in front of them. It was as if they’re enjoying Amu and Rio’s torture. 

 

“We’re putting her where she belongs…” The other girl smirked, delighted see Amu watch her dear friend in anguish. “Atsuko-san will love us for this”

 

 

 

“We have to let Dai-chan and Ryo know!” Kamiki nudged Jingi to put his phone down and stop recording everything. The boys just happened to pass by when they saw Atsuko’s friends harassing both Amu and Rio. It was then when Jingi decided to film everything (Majoring in Media Studies, he finds it amusing to film everything around him). Kamiki tried his best to pull his friend away from the scene before they notice them eavesdropping. The two boys then ran towards the room where they knew Daiki and Ryosuke are currently in. 

-

“Ahg… Screw this! I’m gonna find Rio-chan” Ryosuke kicked his desk and threw his pencil on the floor. He’s been wondering where Rio is the whole day as he hasn’t seen even just a glimpse of her shadow. He then looked at Daiki who seems to be out of his usual self. 

Ryosuke was about to stand up when he heard set of footsteps ru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter