Chapter 4

Post Her

 

 

"We seriously must stop meeting like this."


Just like yesterday and the other days, Chorong-ssi and I decided to meet again at the less crowded part of Myeongdong with the sun setting down few hours from now.


"And as much as I want to just finish this business in my apartment, I can't risk having you know my place. You could be some sort of a disguised sasaeng for all I know." I continued.


"Oh please. Are you hearing yourself? If you don't want then we can go to my place."


I instantly shook my head. "No way! You could murder me or something. Plus, you mentioned your house is far."


"Even now in person, you're still full of yourself."


I blinked my eyes twice at her. "Excuse me, what?"


"Oh, I mean the poser. There are times she's full of herself."


I don't know what to reply to that so I just decided to change the topic.


"Where do you live, then? I'm just curious just in case I might take back what I said. I'd rather go to where you live than letting you know where I live." I quickly stated.


"I don't know if you'll believe me though."


"Since I asked you, I'll believe you. But I know I'll still probably won't."


She glared at me once again. I didn't know pissing someone off was this satisfying. No wonder Namjoo enjoys annoying the out of me.


"Cheongju." She answered.


"No way. You've gotta be kidding me."


"I'm not."


To think that she lives that far and still agrees with meeting at Myeongdong, despite the fact of going home late at night surprised me. Some part me of me hoped that was a joke or some lie. It got me worrisome with a girl like her. It also dawned on me how determined she really is to meet this poser.


"How do you go home late at night? If I'm not mistaken the travel time is around 2 hours."


"I have a friend in Mapo-gu, I go straight to theirs after meeting with you. You're right, that's why I'm nervous the other day if you won't show up 'cause I came all the way from Cheongju."


Because of the conversation we're having right now, I was reminded of why we met.


"Alright, let's start so we can finish up early."


She nodded and we went on our way to the same inconvenience store we went to yesterday.


I noticed how there's a growing number of people in the "less crowded" area of Myeongdong we frequented to these past few days.


"Damn. Why are there so many people?" I muttered under my mask.


"It's a weekend. No surprise."


We haven't reached our destination yet I can see that the store—that wasn't always full
was this occupied already.



Ugh! I can't believe I'm doing this.



"Come on. Let's just go to my apartment."



I don't know if it's my big head but I think I saw her eyes sparkle just now.


"Don't even dare think of anything bad. I'll have my dongsaeng go there. Plus I'm taking us there because I'm having enough of the discomfort this mask brings and because I don't want to bother your friend nor do I want to bother myself in driving all the way to your hometown."


Well, all I said was true. I woke up really late this day and I quickly asked Namjoo if I can borrow her white Hyundai Sedan because I'm 2 minutes late from our call time which will take place 30 mins far from my apartment.


I haven't even gotten a proper bath yet. All I did was apply dry shampoo, make-up, and fix my goddamn bangs which took up the majority of my 5-minute cleaning time. Of course I won't tell that to Park Chorong-ssi who I can see is stifling a laugh right now.


"What's funny?"



"Nothing."


-



"You know, I'm still having second thoughts about this." I said as I took a left at an alleyway, still at Myeongdong.


I still refused to take off my mask since the windows of the car aren't re-tinted yet.


"Not everyone knows you, I haven't even watched any of your videos, except for that one you recently uploaded."


"Ouch. Low blow."


"Do you believe me know?"


"Still don't but that did hurt me."


I can see her snicker from my perepheral view.



"I didn't even know you were a youtuber until you told me. But then it sunk on me, 'what if you left me for this Youtube life?' I was about to confront you that night but I don't know how so I searched for your account then luckily, you uploaded a video the next day and that's how I took the opportunity to talk to you. How 'bout know, do you believe me now?"



"A little bit."


It did match her alibis though. Still it doesn't make me trust her that much yet.



We stopped at the side of my apartment on Seodaemun-gu and I escorted the both of us up to my unit.


Before doing anything else, I sent a quick text to Namjoo telling her to hurry the up because I know she wants to see Ms. Park Chorong and I know she knows that I don't usually invite people in my safe haven, let alone a stranger who is Park Chorong-ssi.



"What I'll be doing is really dangerous but I can't really take it anymore." Time check: 3:50 PM and despite the cold season, I can't help but feel hot, considering the fact that I haven't washed up for 18 hours.


"Namjoo is almost near so don't really even think about removing your sheep clothing, you possibly hidden sasaeng. You can stay in the kitchen if you want just stay away from my room." I continued as I hurriedly ran in front of the door of the bathroom.



"I'm just gonna wash up a bit. Excuse my house, I haven't cleaned up in a while. It's because I'm not that messy either." I said as I looked at Park Chorong-ssi who's just scowling at me the whole time while standing at the door of the entrance of the unit.



"I'm not a thief, you !"



I heard her shout as I quickly closed the door.



If I'm not mistaken I heard a faint "There's even nothing to steal." and a scoff.



I finished taking a bath in five minutesI didn't bother washing my hair anymore, just my body. Luckily, I have my emergency-use-if-you-have-a-sudden-visitor-and-you-can't-go-out- clothes in my bathroom. So here I am, wearing an oversized hoodie and leggings.



Just when I opened the door, I shrieked so loud when I saw Park Chorong-ssi standing in front of it.



She shrieked back as well, probably because of my mouth. Damn. Her high-pitched dolphin-like sounds made a comeback.



"What the actual are you doing?! You're being a Peeping Tom!" I exclaimed.


 

"I'm not! It's not my fault you have scary, disturbing decorations on your bathroom door."
 

"They're limited edition." I said as I glanced at the fake ouija board sporting a big "open" in the center. I bought it since you can scramble the other letters as well, it's like some magnetic whiteboard, horror-themed.


"Now that you're done. Come look at this."



I looked at Chorong-ssi who made her way to sit on the couch while I hung my towel to dry in the mini clothesrack on the side.


I scooted down behind her and looked at her phone, obviously that was what she wanted me to see.



I saw her conversation with Yoon Bomi who is my poser.



Honeybunch?! That's nasty!



I examined the whole app and it really has been months since this conversation was last revived.



Yoon Bomi: Eat well! ☆⌒ヽ(*'、^*)chu



And that's the last message that came from my poser, the rest were short and long messages which I really assumed Chorong-ssi's pained emotions.



I could feel her looking at me so I turned around and damn was that a big mistake.



'Cause right now, our faces are so close to one another. I wonder which one was close; our first encounter when we were in Myeongdong or this one. But I'm very sure our position right now is now etched on my mind because it's not dark and I can clearly see how her orbs danced in ways I could not explain.



I coughed. "W-who even does ☆⌒ヽ(*'、^*)chu nowadays?" I exclaimed as I went over to the television, just in front of the sofa, while mimicking the whatever that emoticon is.



For the first in my life, I had second thoughts on buying one more couch 'cause I seriously can't put myself to sit beside Chorong-ssi.



I heard her laugh so loud and saw how formed a cute boxy shape and how her eyes turned into small slits.



I don't know what's happening but one thing's for sure right now.



I really can't sit on the same space as Park Chorong-ssi.



"Is your friend still coming? I don't know if we must start now, I think I'll be shy if she suddenly appears out of nowhere."



Oh right. Namjoo, that .



I quickly read her reply seven minutes ago.



Joo Dongsaeng: Unnie. Sorry I can't come, I have a schedule today and a friend will be taking me back home. Just accompany me tomorrow morning! xoxo

Also don't do anything mysterious in my car! e.g scratching...


 

"She can't come." I answered back.
 


I can see how her cheerful environment came into picture once again.



"Alright! Let's start."



"I'll do a briefing first. I'll be asking you questions and I'll just tell you my conclusion when I'm finished." She continued. "Also! I need your full participation, don't break your promise last night!"



"Geez. Yeah, yeah, I'm keeping that. What do you take me for?"



"You could be just like my poser."



Of course I understood what she meant. I noticed how she's a bit vulnerable at the word 'promise' especially if it's used as an agreement. I can somehow relate though.



"I don't make promises I know I can't keep."



"I'll trust you on that."



I looked at her scrolling through her phone once again before our eyes met once again.



"Do you sing, Yoon Bomi-ssi?"



"I don't openly mention it on my videos but sometimes I do when I go live. I think on my third live, Bominators were giving requests on what songs they want me to sing."



"Do you play soccer?"



"I did when I was in elementary. I also became a player of the school's soccer team. Man! I loved watching the national team with my parents on the television back then. The woo's and the yee's every time a goal hits, damn I miss those times! I can't bring them here to watch an actual one."



Okay I may have said a lot.



I saw Park Chorong-ssi smiling despite her attention being focused on her phone.


And it was the first time I saw her smile like that.


There's something warm to it that I didn't notice Park Chorong-ssi had thrown another question.


"Sorry. What was that?"


"You must've really missed your family. I asked if you go to the gym."


"Gym? I sometimes go there but nowadays I do not. I can't also remember myself telling that to my Bominators."



"Alright. So here's my conclusion. It's either you and that person are really that similar or she cou-"



"Could've imitated my attitude as well." I finished. "I have a feeling she's a super fan of mine."



"It's not easy to fake your emotions. In our six months of endless talking, I doubt she hadn't slipped a bit of herself."



"Right. But it's not easy as well to look for a poser who has exactly the same traits as the person she or he pretends she's not."



I saw her sighed and bowed her head down.



"Argh. This is hopeless. Maybe I won't really see her ever again."



I found myself walking closer to her and with my hand automatically landing on her shoulder, I muttered as I kneeled down, my face trying its best to peek and peel off the sadness on her face.



"Hey. I made a promise to you, right? And whatever happens, we'll look for that poser. And if we can't, you might as well consider my brilliant idea."



I knew it. The panicky feeling I had a while ago was mainly just because of the close proximitythat I'm really not used towe had, nothing else, nothing more.



"You mean, your ugly careless idea." She snickered as her eyes decided to meet mine.


"Swear if we're left with that choice and I actually find your poser in the process of if, I'm not going to tell you, you ungrateful hag."

 

She laughed again and my thoughts from a while ago suddenly jumped out. Talk about not getting used to.


I know for a while that hearing and seeing her laugh would take me some time of getting used to. Correct. I met her with a scowl, a glare, and an expressionless one. This is just one of the rare moments she's acting like a decent human being. I'm just not used to it.



"Wow. I didn't notice it's already five." She said as she glanced at what I guess is the clock of her phone.


"Right. It'll be hard for you to go home. Are you going to Cheongju or to your friend's?" I asked as I stood up. "I'm just curious. 'Cause I can drive you if you want."


She smiled at me. "It's alright. I can go home by myself."



"You sure about that? Let me you out the subdivision."



"Yoon Bomi-ssi. Your apartment is clearly just near the bus stop, like thirty steps away. I can handle it."


 

"Right. I forgot."

 


Why do you have to be such a right now, self? Maybe this is what happens for not washing my head for about 20 hours now.



"Besides, you already gave me a ride on the way from Myeongdong." She said as she starts to put on her sneakers that were on the doormat of the entrance.



That was also the only time I noticed what she was wearing. Very simple. Shirt, jeans, sneakers, and the coat that she'll be wearing now to fight the cold outside.



"By the way, are we meeting again tomorrow? Usual time and place?" She cheerfully asked.



I scratched the back of my head. "Err. I'm afraid not. I gotta accompany my dongsaeng to an event and I have to catch up with my Bominators."



I don't know if my eyes were deceiving my own self again but I think I saw her sulk (?) for a millisecond.



"Alright. I understand. Let's meet the other day, then!" She waved as I opened the door for her to exit. Damn, even the hallway of this apartment is cold.



I smiled at her. "Take care, Park Chorong-ssi."



"T-thank you." She stuttered and her cheeks instantly turned into a fresh hue of pink. Gosh, it really is freezing here.



I watched her back slowly disappear and into the elevator of the building.




Park Chorong-ssi, I hope you return home safely.

 



Author's Note: Finally! Here's your well-deserved update y'all. Thank you so much for being patient with me and this story. I've actually suffered from 2eun drought these past few days (except for today's update ,, everyone say thank you to TMI News for their special 2eun segment I'm actualy squealing) aaaand I may have started a 2eun two-shot on my drafts but don't worry, I'll publish it when I'm halfway done with this fic. Heh!

So, as much as I want to keep everything at a slow pace, Miss Yoon Bomi is a soft-hearted cotton ball but okay, finding the poser (for Chomi) is not easy and so is it in real life so yeah, we'll still go hunting on the next chap!

Apologies for the long- note but I thought you guys deserve an explanation for the late update.

Do tell me your thoughts about it. Thank you so much for the subscriptions, upvotes, and comments. All of you are very much appreciated.