Chapter 3

Post Her

At this rate, I had already imagined myself peacefully lying down in my bed, ready to go to dreamland.

 

"Okay since this has been now sealed with an agreement. I'll be going now. I will be seeing you tomorrow!"

 

"No! Are you leaving because I kicked you? Oh come on! You're so dramatic! I promise I won't kick you throughout the whole duration of all of this." She whined at me, instantly clinging at my arms.

 

I looked at the sudden display of physical contact then at her.

 

"I am leaving because I don't have any device for this hunting you demand." I said as I slowly yanked my arm out of her hands, putting it to my side.

 

"Talk about being dramatic." I scoffed.

 

She rolled her eyes at me.

 

"Hello? In order for us to quickly find your beloved scammer, I'll hold a widespread live search-and-rescue and I think you're informed that I can't do that here?" I continued.

 

"No! Don't go livestream."

 

This time, she held my hand.

 

"I'm shy and I'm certain your poser will more likely not introduce her or himself anymore."

 

"Aish. Alright Miss Smarty-pants, what will you do?"

 

 

 

So here I am, on the bench of a less-populated convenience store, watching Chorong-ssi do God-knows-what in her phone.

 

If I am to be asked what am I feeling right now, it's anything but convenient. How ironic.

 

Sitting here wearing full-on mask while talking is exhausting. The struggle not to remove this forsaken mask is real.

 

This job could've been done tomorrow if only Chorong-ssi decided to listen to me a.k.a the only one who has a brain between the two of us. I also figured out calling her names inside my head—when I unfortunately already know her name is not Satan—is probably a bad thing.

 

"How many lives have you already done?" she suddenly looked up from her phone, making our eyes meet as I was actually absentmindedly already looking at her while I was good bad-mouthing her.

 

"You know, I can just do a live tomorrow. The live count doesn't matter."

 

"Just answer my question!"

 

"Sheesh. Relax your casabas."

 

"What?!"

 

I can't help but laugh at her reaction.

 

"Hmm. I think I went live for three times already."

 

"Do you have a specific fan who's always present when you're live?"

 

I find this interrogation of her really confusing but okay maybe it's the wheels of her brain actually working.

 

"Wait. This is hard." I seriously pondered so hard on this one. "I'm not sure if this is valid but there's this one fan, she goes by ohdamn96. I'll count our co-op battles as her presence. She's the only fan I played with twice."

 

Oh. I get her and her questions now.

 

"Do you think she's the poser?"

 

"Not yet."

 

I decided to stand up and peek across at her phone but she quickly hid it.

 

"I'm still pissed at the fact that you're doing that when I could just straight up ask them who the hell decided to play with your feelings."

 

"Does she like to sing?"

 

"Do I look like I know?"

 

She glared at me.

 

"You know, we can do this tomorrow. Promise I'll be a reluctant good lad that will follow her master's stupid orders."

 

I didn't actually notice that it's close to 9 in the evening already. Wow. Time really passes by so fast when you're wasting it. How come it wasn't like this when I'm studying Math.

 

She's still glaring at me.

 

Despite not knowing how, as the wonderful competitive Yoon Bomi that I am, I glared back as well.

 

And I think that did not really went well as I saw and heard her laugh at me.

 

Throughout the whole two days of us meeting—okay scratch that, basically a day, since we only meet at evening—, this is the first time I saw her face not being grumpy. I hate to admit it but she looks less uncute. It's awkward saying it okay.

 

"You look ugly."

 

"Pft. Yet you still fell in love with this face." I said as I tilted my head and highlighted my beautiful covered face using my palm.

 

"It wasn't you. It was a poser."

 

"Ye poser still used my face. Tss."

 

"That still doesn't count. I fell with her personality, not her face. Wait, no, I didn't fall for her."

 

"You wouldn't click and chat if it wasn't for my face."

 

"I now hate seeing that face."

 

"I now hate helping you."

 

"No! Wait! Ugh! You're so annoying!"

 

I laughed so hard as I watched her childishly stomp her foot and glare at me really hard. Wow, this feels like the first time I met her.

 

I stood up and slid out of the chair, waiting for her to do the same. Instead, I got a raised eyebrow and a rounded mouth—which I assume is saying "what?".

 

"Let's go, Chorong-ssi. It's getting late and you mentioned your home is far away. We'll continue this tomorrow, okay?"

 

"Wow. You really remembered that."

 

"Don't get your hopes up. I figured out that this is what I was supposed to do with that information."

 

 

Slap.

 

 

"Ah! You really love doing that, huh?" I said as I rubbed my arm. "And you made a deal!"

 

 

"Yes, no kicking. That wasn't a kick."

 

 

And she cheekily smiled at me.

 

 

Why this sly binch.

 

 

Author's Note: Woohoo! Now here's our delayed chapter 3 (---: Sorry for a short and lame one but I'll try to double update today before silently dissolving away. Heh! Ramadan Mubarak to any fellow Muslim readers!! Thank you for the subscribers!