Part VIII

Still There

"We'll go ahead now, Myoui."

"Bye, Mina-ssi."

Her co-workers bid before going out of the practice room. Mina only waved her hand and thanked them for their hard. As the door closes, Mina stood in her position in front of the mirror as she waits for the music.

She needed to practice her expressions in this particular scene where Giselle became mad and died. She was always called out by their choreographer for her stiffed expression. At one point, Mina was asked if she had fell in love which she honestly answered with a bobbed of head.

"Then have you experience getting betrayed by the person you love?"

Mina pondered. A memory from 6 years ago flashed to her mind, she shook it off though thinking that Momo not telling her about her leaving means Momo betrayed Mina. It didn't hurt that much in the first place knowing that Momo will come back, and here Momo is now. Still her heart break was nothing to Giselle's.

Giselle was lied and betrayed by the man she ever loved in front of her face that causing her to die from so much heart ache.

As Mina reached the end of the song, she extended her arms in the air as if to touch someone an invisible person before falling on the floor without a sound. She watched her reflection in the mirror as she catched her breath.

Mina didn't realize that she fell asleep when the phone that she used to play the music, rang. She crawled on its direction and hit the green button lazily. Mina softly groaned as she rolled herself to lie on her back, putting the gadget next to her ear.

"Mitang, are you all right?" 

Oh, it was Momo.

"Hi, Momoring. Yes, I am. I fell asleep after practicing in the studio."

"Don't overstrain yourself, Minari. You might regret it later." Mina couldn't see it, but Mina was sure Momo was pouring right now. Mina giggled. "Don't laugh, I'm serious." Now, her voice sounded stern.

"Yes, yes, Seonsaeng-nim." Mina said jokingly, which Momo responded, "whatever". "Do you have something to say?"

"Ah, yes. Let's hangout with the other girls if that is you're not busy. I already texted them."

"Oh, sure. Where?"

"At J&J Club." It was the club the 8 of them used to go when they were in university to hangout. Mina nodded even though Momo didn't see her, "okay."

"See you, Mitang."

——

Mina entered the VIP room located at the second floor of the club where Nayeon (obviously) reserved since she's friends with the owners. This club was owned by a couple, Jennie and Jisoo. Jennie was Nayeon's block mate in college.

"Minari! Our baby," Nayeon unnie welcomed me with a hug. "That's new,  you're late. We thought you won't come because Momo is going to be here." She said walking back to her seat.

Mina frowned at her, confused as to why her older friend would thought of that. "Why would I not?"

"Because I thought you'd be awkward being in the same room with her?" She said. Realizing that everyone was looking at her with an unbelief expression, she asked "what?"

"They're neighbors," Jeongyeon said flatly to her girlfriend

"And childhood best friends," Seconded Chaeyoung.

" Remember, they had a family dinner with Hirai family to welcome Momo home." Jihyo said with a 'duh' tone.

"Well, she also said in the groupchat that, I quote and unquote—" Nayeon raised her both hands and made a quotation marks in the air, "‘everything feels so awkward. It was like everything has changed from the past few years’" She said as though stating a fact, which the in question woman herself couldn't deny.

She really said that. Complaining in their group chat like a pre-teen who wasn't allowed to sleepover to a friend's house. The day after the dinner, was really, really, really awkward. Whenever Momo and her will saw each other outside their house or on their adjacent backyard, they will just exchanged a simple greetings. Or whenever their eyes would meet, Mina was the first to avert.

The air between them became thick that Mina couldn't breathe. They were like strangers that was forced to talk to each other and be friends because their families are friends.

Mina only sighed, taking a shot from Jihyo's glass.

"Hey, we're not here to get drunk." Jihyo reminded.

"Boo." The group said, pointing their thumb down.

"Momo will introduce someone to us. So please, guys, let's be proper for once." Jihyo patiently said. Her friends were already old but still needed guidance, especially Nayeon.

Then the door opened revealing Momo dressed in a simple white tee beneath her leather jacket paired with black jeans and boots. She looked so cool in that outfit. Like a western girl going in a club, partying every night. Yes, not the one, we saw in the Hollywood movies.

But her checking Momo didn't last long as she saw another woman tailing behind Momo. The woman literally looked like a foreigner with her short blonde hair. She's sporting a white croptop paired with a ripped faded jeans and Adidas shoes. Almost identical to Momo's outfit.

"Momo! You're late!" That had to be Nayeon, of course, pointing her accusing finger to Momo. "I thought you'll be the first one to come here since you're the one who invited us."

"I'm sorry, I had to fetched someone." Momo said jerking her head back at the woman, who was standing, quietly watching their exchanged. She stepped back after embracing all her friends one by one, and pulled the woman on her side by the waist.

"Guys," Momo started, "this is Wendy. And Wendy these are my best friends."

"Hi." The woman greeted, showing her white pearl teeth as she smiles. Everyone was unaware on how Mina froze when the Wendy looked at her direction because they were too busy processing what was happening. "You must be Mina. Momo's childhood best friend?"

That wasn't a question, Mina noted. And why is everyone keeps saying that I'm Momo's childhood best friend? Like I'm gonna be in that position forever! Mina shouted mentally. She was tired of that title.

The others in the room kept quiet, watching the scene unfolded before them. Mina nodded her head, afraid that her voice might fail her.

"It's nice to finally meet the Myoui Mina." Wendy extended her hand out and shook Mina's hand, "I've heard a lot about you from my girlfriend."

"You are Momo's girlfriend?" Chaeyoung voiced out the question on Mina's mind. Mina diverted her eyes to Momo who had an anxious expression. "How?" ajar, she couldn't believe what she had learned just now.

"Yes." Wendy said looking at Momo lovingly as she intertwined their hands together.

Oh.

"Wendy. THE FAMOUS WENDY IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY!?" Sana said, or more like, shouted in shock. Wendy nodded.

"Wendy. The SINGER?" Wendy once again bobbed her head in response to Dahyun's inquiry.

"Son Seungwan?" Everyone turned their heads to Jihyo, including Mina. "I mean, I'm an avid fan, Wendy-ssi." Jihyo smiled as she reached for Wendy's hand. There was something in Wendy's reaction that Mina couldn't fathom.

The couple sat down beside Dahyun. Wendy was in between Dahyun and Momo, who was across Mina. Their friends started asking the two, like how and where they met. Mina tried not to glance up, because it brought ache in her heart. Mina learned that Momo and the blonde met in the US and shared a room in their dorm. When asked what she liked about Momo, Wendy turned to Momo, her eyes gazed at the girl lovingly and with so much adoration.

"She's caring and sweet. Although she looks dumb at first glance, Momo's unexpectedly smart." Wendy said, earning a slapped from Momo. "But what I like about her the most is her determination. When she set her mind on something, she'll find a way to achieve it. And nobody can stop her to continue thriving the top, that's how determine she is." She continued, smiling as she trailed. Her eyes twinkled against the illuminating light 

"Oh, you mean stubborn?" Sana interrupted eliciting a pits of laughter in the group.

Mina subtly watched the two women in front of her. Wendy would hold Momo's hand from time to time, squeezing it in the process. Momo would only smile shyly as a response. The brunette gulped the liquid in her glass in one shot before pouring another. She didn't know how much she had drunk but Mina was sure she could still stand straight.

"I'm just going to the lavatory." Momo excused herself. The way Momo's fingers separated from Wendy's slender ones didn't go unnoticed to Mina.

Mina pouted. No, she was sulking. She wanted to cry. She wanted Momo's full attention, but Mina thought of it better. Yes, Momo had not changed at all, but the situation had already change. Momo had a girlfriend now that she should put her love and attention. And Mina should support Momo.

If only… If only Mina didn't take Momo for granted. If only she had admitted all those feelings. If only Mina was brave enough to tell Momo. If only she had said it all.

Momo would be with her. She could have Momo if only she wasn't coward, stupid and selfish.

Mina excused herself to go to comfort room because of call of nature. Jihyo offered a helping hand, but she dismissed it, telling her bestfriend and manager that she was alright. After few a minutes of drunk walking down the hallway without bumping the wall, she managed to finally reached the comfort room safely. As she pushed the door open, she felt as if a cold water washed over her. She froze on her spot, eyes widened in surprised. Mina's drunkenness faded and she was now sober.

Mina rushed to leave the scene, leaving the two women doing their business.

 

 

 

-----------

Hi, how are you? I hope you're doing fine. Quarantine made me productive (LOL) quite busy with school works cause I'm currently taking my majors. Take care y'all! ♥️

Smile! :)