Part IV

Still There

All the senior students gathered inside the gymnasium as they wait for the announcement of their principal.

Momo's mind was out of nowhere, she didn't even realize that the principal is now speaking, telling them the dos and don'ts for the program tomorrow.

Tomorrow is their graduation, and everyone is excited, except her.

Momo didn't move to her seat when almost everyone was out of the gymnasium after the principal dismissed them so that they can rest for tomorrow's ceremony. She was just looking at the stage where the bold cut letters and numbers' 2019 Annual Commencement' is displayed beautifully.

She was back to reality when Sana squeezed her shoulder, and she turned her head.

"Momo, you alright?" Sana asked, worried. She's been observing the girl ever since the start of their rehearsal today. "You seem lost."

Momo laughed nervously, "Of course, I'm fine."

Sana stared at Momo for a moment. Seeing that the girl's smile didn't reach her eyes, she knew there is something wrong (again) and unlike Jeongyeon, Sana won't push Momo to speak unless the latter will do so in her own will. She will wait for her to open up to her, Sana just hope it'll be sooner so she could at least help her.

"Let's go. Jeongyeon must be with the others now."

--

"To Momo unnie, Sana unnie and Jeongyeon unnie!" Jihyo said, raising her glass of four seasoned juice. The others' collided their glasses to Jihyo, "cheers!"

They are currently at Jeongyeon's house, celebrating for the three girl's who will officilay leave the school tomorrow.

"I can't believe you three will graduate. Especially, you" Nayeon joked, pointing at Jeongyeon. She got a slapped on her arm from Jeongyeon. "You-! I'm your unnie. How dare you!"

"Yes, my gf too! Shut up." Jeongyeon fired back.

"Honestly, I didn't believe you will graduate before, Nayeon unnie." Tzuyu said nonchalantly, managing to still be beautiful as she stuffed her face a mouthful of bulgogi.

Jeongyeon was the first one to laugh.

"No gift for you." Nayeon glared at her girlfriend who didn't even bother to shut herself from laughing.

The spectators either laugh or role their eyes at the pair. Momo on the other hand kept herself busy by eating the foods in front of her, inwardly in satisfaction everytime the dishes meet her tongue.

The talk and laughter died down when Jihyo, the unannounced leader of the group, cleared and every one quieted. Jihyo looked at Mina, signaling the younger Japanese to begin her talk, so Mina did.

"I'm gonna play as Odette!" Mina exclaimed. Not too loud but not too soft. Just above the normal range of her voice.

Momo whipped her head at the girl beside her, food already forgotten, "Really?" She asked. A wide smile spreads across her face and her eyes shining in so much happiness for the younger.

Momo knew it was Mina's dream to be part of the infamous Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky, not just to be a corps de ballet but being the lead principal, following the steps of her favorite ballerina, Svetlana Zakharova.

Mina looked at Momo. Mirroring the older's expression, Mina nodded. Everyone congratulated Mina for getting the role, and Momo was so happy for her best friend's achievement that she couldn't stop the smile on her face as if she was the one who got it. Her smile faded when Mina announced the date.

"The recital will be on the day after your graduation. " Mina informed, smile pasted on her face.

"On Thursday?" Jihyo asked, phone out to check her calendar, which Mina answered with a nod. "Cool, cool."

"I already have your ticket. I want you all to come, but I understand if you can't."

"Of course, we will! Since when did we miss your performance, our Black Swan?" Jeongyeon joked followed by the other girls simultaneous comments.

Mina then held Momo's hand and Momo turned her head to look at Mina, finding the latter looking at her and Momo felt like her face heat up, "Especially you, Momo, I need you to be there." Mina softly said, enough only for Momo to hear.

Since they were kids Momo always went to Mina's recital to watch the girl perform in small roles. Just seeing Mina dance gracefully, slaying the fouettés effortlessly, jumping in the air like she's weightless and landing back on her foot as light as a feather with a final turn and an elegant pose.

Momo forced herself to smile despite her chest tightening and she nodded her head while squeezing Mina's hand.

"Of course!"

--

Graduation day came. The graduates were lining up alphabetically, waiting for the emcee to call their names.

Mina and the others were also at the back, banner on hands with the names of Momo, Sana and Jeongyeon written in bold letters. When it was Momo's turn, the girls' loud cheers erupted into the gymnasium causing the graduates, parents and other visitors to look at them. A teacher even signalled them to quiet down by putting her index finger in , Jihyo who saw it apologized on behalf of them. But then, it only took for Sana's name to be called that the apology vanished in the air as if it didn't happen. The teacher who reprimanded them only shook her head, face buried on her hand.

--

On the way to Jeongyeon's house (since Jeongyeon asked her parents to leave first without her. Sana and Momo did the same) they were all talking about anything like they used to. Just... catching up with each other. Even though they had bond yesterday, it felt like the day when they are together are shorter than they are away from each other.

'away', Momo thought. She eyed each of the girls, taking all their features in. She will miss those loud voices and annoying laughs, a day that won't normally go without them teasing to each other in every way.

"Oh my gosh! Is this real? You guys are all going to college now?" Nayeon exclaimed.

"Ya! Will stop exaggerating things? We haven't even applied to universities yet." Jeongyeon reprimanded her girlfriend.

"I already have in mind." Sana said, her cute eyes are forming circles in excitement as she elicited a fit of giggle. The blue haired girl hanged in disbelief. "How about you, Momo?" They turned to Momo. The girl has been quiet since this morning, and Sana made a mental note to finally ask the older Japanese later, but made herself clear that she won't cross a line.

Momo nodded. Jeongyeon's face contorted like she was betrayed. "Why didn't you guys told me? Are you two planning in the same university without me?"

"Aigoo. As expected of you, Yoo Jeongyeon. You don't have a dream like these two." Nayeon teased, smiling evilly. "Ya! How dare you hit me!?"

Jeongyeon ran away from Nayeon upon seeing the angry face on the older while everyone watch them chase each other.

"Nayeon unnie shouldn't run like that." Tzuyu sighed. Jihyo who heard this agreed and added "yeah, she has weak legs." But Chaeyoung and Dahyun's laugh tells otherwise.

"Because she's old." Tzuyu shook her head and sighed again. Sana laughed but then accidentally tripped herself while walking, thanks to Tzuyu who immediately got a hold of her hand and pulled her back to her feet. "And this one is a clutz."

Right. She'll also miss Tzuyu's blunt comment, Jihyo's mother-figure, Dahyun's and Chaeyoung's happy-go-lucky attitude, Sana's clumsiness.

She felt a hand s to her arm and she looked to her left. Mina was there looking at the other girls whilst a soft smile plastered on her face, then Mina turned her head to her.

"Let's go, Momoring." Mina said in her soft voice.

Ah. She will miss Mina too, and everything about her.