Part IX

Still There

"Mina!"

Mina hates herself. She hated the pounding ache in her temple seeking for attention from her. For all the day she could've chosen to drunk her life away, it had to be last night. So now, she went to the studio with a hangover. The aspirin and food Jihyo gave her earlier was not enough to tend her hangover.

"Mina!"

Mina. Mina. Mina. The voice of her choreographer constantly shouting her name didn't help either. It was exhausting, and Mina felt like she was already draining.

"STOP!" Myoui stopped instantly, putting her arms down at her sides, as the music was put to an end. "Everyone take five, except you, Myoui." He said pointedly at Mina.

Mina couldn't care less. She knew apologizing wouldn't calm the man down. She has been saying that word since she arrived late, so it was useless now for how many times she used it today.

But Mina was Mina, she will apologize even for silliest thing.

"I'm sorry." She said lowering her head, only to add another pain to her throbbing temple. Squeezing her eyes shut, Mina instinctively put her hand to the side of her head. Looking up, she found the choreographer already in front of her that made her jump.

Lee, the choreographer, furrowed his brows in confusion as he shook his head upon hearing Mina's incoherent mumbles.

"What is wrong with you?" Mr. Lee started. "You were never like this in your previous performances, and the past few days we practiced. What is happening to you today?"

"I'm just not feeling well" Mina answered, barely above the whisper, not looking up. She thought the floor was a better view than their fuming choreographer. She heard Lee sighed.

No matter how much Lee wanted to scold Mina, he couldn't just do it for some reason. "If there's something bothering you, you can come and talk to me. You know I am not just your dance instructors Mina. I am also your friend." Mina nodded, still her eyes locked to the ground. "Now, get yourself together. We don't want the performance ruined, do we?"

"No." Mina replied. Lee patted her shoulder to encourage Mina, which Mina returned with a small thank you. Mina sighed in relief.

At the end of the rehearsal, Lee thanked everyone for their hard work. He tried to talk Mina out of her problem, but the girl remained on her ground, and Lee being the person who respect others, he let Mina be. He would wait until the day Mina talk to him willingly.

While waiting for Jihyo outside the building like she always did (when the older was a little bit late), a black Bugatti Chiron stopped ahead of her instead of Jihyo's blue and black Audi Q8, or maybe Jihyo bought a new car. No, Jihyo was big realist and practical person, and another big fat no because she will never replaced her baby— the first car she bought with the money she earned from her first job. Jihyo was that kind of person.

So, maybe this was just some random person who decided to park their car in front of the doorway. Looking away, Mina felt her phone vibrated in her pocket indicating a text. She fished it out of her pocket. It was from Jihyo. She informed Mina that she couldn't fetch her for she have an important appointment that she couldn't miss but she had asked somebody to drive her home.

Mina wondered who was the person, but couldn't careless, however, she just wanted to go home and rest on her dreamy bed. She replied, okay, thank you for today. Take care.

"Mitang!" A voice called. Mina instinctively jerked her head up to the direction of the voice. Momo was there standing beside the car waving at her, her signature smile, her eyes were brighter than the sun, shining. Momo was so beautiful it did something in her insides, and it hurts Mina that she couldn't do anything about it.

Mina waved back, ignoring the butterflies erupting in her stomach. "Momoring," she called, skipping on the steps until she reached the bottom and Momo caught her. She pushed Momo gently, though abrupt, she was afraid Momo could hear the beating of her heart once skin felt on hers.

"Jihyo said you're not feeling well. Why did you still come to rehearsal?" Momo started, soft yet firm, demanding for a valid reason from the culprit.

"Ah, it slipped my mind that you're worse than Jihyo when it comes to nagging me."

"Mina, you're like a sister to me, I don't like seeing you sick. And this..." Momo trailed.

Oh, wow. Mina didn't saw that coming, the word came fast, stabbing her heart like a sharp dagger. For a moment, Mina thought she felt a crack on her chest. Her face hardened, she didn't want any more of this.

"And this... is none of your business." Mina finished, her tone in between sarcastic and annoyed, she prayed Momo didn't notice the latter. She opened the door and hopped inside. Momo was a little confused by the sudden change of mood but didn't ask since she knew Mina.

The car of Momo inside were colored in pink, the only thing that was black were the dashboard down to the transmission and some part of the steering wheel and, of course, the outerior. The door on the driver's seat opened and Momo hopped in, sighing before igniting the car, creating a muffled roar.

Mina was thankful that Momo didn't lecture her on the way home, but the words were on repeat inside her head like a broken stereo, making the same sound again and again. She plugged her earphones, put them in ears, leaned on the window and closed her eyes in hope that the voice would stop in her head. She calmed herself by listening to Debussy's Clair de Lune.

Mina didn't know herself why she acted that way. She knew it was unreasonable, if she were Momo she would've said the same thing. Because she was afraid to let the other know about her true feelings. That's how coward she was. In all honesty, she aborted her plan of confessing to Momo and focused on rekindling their friendship. Their friendship was more important than her feelings.

Momo was so dear to Mina that her happiness comes first before hers. She did a mistake on her past by taking Momo for granted. For overlooking Momo's feelings. Now, that she was the one on the other end, the same position Momo was before.

She had to accept the fact that 'forever' in their promise won't be the 'forever' she wanted. That there's someone that will not do the same mistake she did. Someone who will not took her for granted. Someone who will understand her. Someone who will always care about her.

Someone who isn't her.

Someone like Wendy.

A tear dropped from her eye, rolling softly down her cheek, Mina didn't care to wipe as flashback played on her mind.