Part II

Still There

Jeongyeon and Sana sighed for the umpteenth time as they watch Momo danced over and over and over and over and over again on the same song playing on the stereo.

Momo cursed when she made another mistake. She had to practice hard since she was going to represent the school alone in a National Dance Competition in South Korea. And it's coming in just a few days.

Momo was about to repeat the song on her phone when someone snatched it out of her hand. She looked up to see a teal haired girl staring back at her.

"Jeong, give me back my phone. I need to practice." Momo breathed out. She was still out of breath from dancing and tired.

"No, Momo. We have to talk." Jeongyeon said, eyes still on the short girl, unwavering.

"What are we going to talk? Can't that wait for later?"

"No. Besides, you've had enough practice today."

"Jeong, I have to polish his choreography or else, I will get another earful from Ms. Lee." She was tired already but the image of their dance teacher nagging her came across her mind and Momo shivered.

Jeongyeon just stared at Momo's tired eyes. Momo seemed like she hadn't had enough sleep, based on the circles around her eyes. She also loses weight, Jeongyeon could tell.

She wondered her thoughts on what Momo did these past days. They all know that Momo tends to overwork herself when she has s problem, but this time she they didn't know what made the girl like this since Momo didn't open up on them.

Mina.

Mina was the only person Momo talked with her problem. She made a mental note to ask her later only to disregard it when she remembered how Momo acted on the cafeteria last two weeks.

Jeongyeon called Sana who was sitting, looking at them. She tossed the phone on the grey haired girl who shrieked in shock before she rolled on her back, laughing upon realizing she managed to catch Momo's phone.

Momo had screamed in horror when she saw her phone fly across the room. Her heart stopped beating, breath hitching. Everything turned in a slow motion. She then released her breath in relief when her precious phone successfully landed on her Japanese friend's hand. Momo slapped Jeongyeon repeatedly.

Sana was still laughing while jumping on her own victory when Jeongyeon screamed her name and told her to run. Sana saw her older Japanese friend walking towards her, eyes fixed on her with an unreadable expression. She doesn't want to waste the teal haired's effort and so Sana dashed out of the dance room with Momo following her.

---

Momo's shoulders moved up and down while her hands were resting on her knees, inhaling some oxygen for her deprived lungs.

Momo reached her right hand out, still breathing. Sana understood what Momo meant and gave the phone back to the blonde, also catching her breath.

The two Japanese lied on the trimmed green grass of the campus ground. Not so long, Jeongyeon came and lied beside Momo. They were in the center of the field, silence engulfed them as they all watched the clouds moving. The wind was a little colder, the sky's color was changing from clear blue that reflects the ocean to purple, pink and orange hues.

"Momo?" Jeongyeon broke the silence, this was her chance to talk with Momo properly, without any interruptions - believe me, Momo had so many excuses up on her sleeves.

Momo hummed, feeling herself relaxed. These past few days, she had no time for herself. All she did was to practice and do her homework. She couldn't even hang out with her friends.

"Is something bothering you? You know, Sana and I find you strange, it's like you are not yourself these past few days. I mean, you're not as eccentric as before."

Momo laughed. She didn't know, but she found Jeongyeon's question hilarious. Her, strange? Wasn't she being herself? Eccentric. Weird.

"Is something happened between you and Mina?"

Momo stopped laughing, her face morphed into a frown, lips in a straight line. Her eyes were fixed up in the sky, as if it were a big screen projecting the said person's face from the last time she saw her outside their room smiling to another person.

"No." Momo didn't mean it, but her voice came out cold which made the two other girls taken aback. More like amused. Momo's not good at lying in the first place.

"Are you sure? Maybe, we can help."

"Right, we are willing to help."

Momo was uncertain to tell her problems to her friends because knowing Jeongyeon, telling her was like telling the whole town. Sana, though, was a big teaser. Telling these two the reason was suicidal.

However, Momo trusted her friends. These two were her confidante every time she needed someone to talk to, besides Mina. She sat up, fiddling on her fingers while looking down.

"H-how are you guys able to help me get rid of my feelings for Mina?" Momo straightforwardly asked without further ado. Her soft voice quivered a little for no one knows about this, only herself, because she kept everything to herself.

Sana and Jeongyeon were dumbfounded. They didn't expect that much more Momo's sudden news.

A fat silence.

"We're not gay for each other!"
"I already have Nayeon!"

They simultaneously shouted.

--

 

Mina and Momo were walking silently on the quiet street going to their home, that was only illuminated by the lampposts.

 

Mina's hand encircled Momo's waist securely to help the blonde walk properly. Hanbin offered them a ride home, and Momo stubbornly rejected despite Mina accepting the offer. But Momo gave in eventually, they both agreed that Hanbin will only ride them to their bus stop.

 

("No, Mina. I just knew him, I don't trust him." Momo refused, hands crossing in her chest.

 

"But Momo, Hanbin is a good person. He is my--" Mina softly said, sighing.

 

"You know him, but I don't." The blonde shortly refuted, finalizing her words.

 

Mina sighed again, "Okay. Until the bus stop then?"

 

Momo sighed, bringing her hands down as she nods her head.)

 

Mina never saw this side of Momo. So, this is how Momo behaves when she's drunk.

 

Momo on the other hand was feeling dizzy. She inhaled Mina's scent to calm herself as her head rested on Mina's shoulder but it adds up to make her lightheaded. She almost stumbled on the ground if not for Mina's strong hold. Their skin brushed to each other sending Momo electricity, causing her to jumped away from Mina. Mina stared at her dumbfounded and amused that she could jump as fast as that in a good distance.

 

"Momo, you okay?"

 

She just nodded. Now that they were in front of their homes. Momo silently stood in front of her their gate. She turned to Mina and called her, who ― at that time ― was looking at her, waiting for her to enter their house. Mina's gaze gave Momo butterflies in her belly, and she averted her eyes, fidgeting on the fence gate. Momo opened , then closed it, opened it again to speak this time the words came out before she stopped herself. It was so smooth and natural as if she was just asking like a jealous girlfriend. That's what she actually feel right now.

 

"Mina, d-do… do you love me?"

 

Momo just let her feelings overflowed, it makes her stomach turned upside down, and she wants to throw up. Her heart was beating fast, anticipating for Mina's answer.

 

But Mina smiled ― a soft smile, the smile which she only gives to Momo, the smile where her crescent eyes glimmers in happiness and her facial expression softens, "Of course, Momo, you are my best friend."

 

Little did Mina know, Momo was hurt with what she said.

 

---

 

"Pfft. That was funny," Jeongyeon snickered after Momo told them the whole story.

 

"That was far from funny, Jeongyeon," Momo said irritated. This is one of the reasons why she doesn't want to tell it to the girls ― they will just mock her.

 

"You are a coward." Sana blurted. Momo and Jeongyeon turned to look at Sana simultaneously with different expressions painted on their faces. Momo has a dejected expression that was masked with a glare while Jeongyeon's laughing so hard it made her fall back to the ground, clutching her stomach. "I didn't mean to offend you, but I didn't know you're a cow now ― ('Ey, I'm not a cow!) ―and not a raccoon anymore. All I know is that you were so slow." Jeongyeon was rolling on her stomach by now, laughing so hard she felt it starting to ache.

 

"Hey, you're offending me." Momo said with a pout visible on her peachy face.

 

"You have to level up your game, my friend." Sana said while giving Momo a pat on the shoulder.

 

"You've got the worst personality ever." Jeongyeon managed to say after taking a break from laughing to Sana's once in a blue moon straight-forward comment.

 

"And I've got the worst friends," Momo rolled her eyes and mumbled, "I don't have personality."

 

Jeongyeon snickered. Sana apologized for what she said. Guess, Momo was just so lucky to have her 'worst' friends.







 

Hi, been a while, how are you? So, this is the short (ugly) update. I apologize for the errors hehe will do my best on the next update. Gotta shoo now~