3. The Favor

Knock On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's notes at the end

 

 

"Hey, Taeyong hyung!" Jaehyun call from afar to a young doctor that was checking up some papers at the reception, the doctor raised his head looking towards the place his name came from "Oh, hi Jae, what's up?" The slim boy kept looking at the papers in his hands after seeing Jaehyun approaching him, not paying much attention to the younger.

"All good...amm hey, I need to ask you a favor, hyung~" Taeyong stopped reading and, while frowning slightly, he gave the smiling Jaehyun a skeptical look...that cute little voice means nothing but problems for him.

"Oh no no no, there goes the dimples, no way I'm doing anything for those gross puppy eyes of you again. Negative" the lilac haired doctor turned his head again signing the papers in his hands, giving them back to the receptionist and after a kind thanks to her, he started walking away from Jaehyun and his pleading baby smile.

"Ooooh come on hyuuung~ don't be rude, it's just a small little tiny favor~!" Jaehyun followed his colleague closely, hastening his pace, almost bumping with the other's back when Taeyong suddenly stopped, turning around resting both hands on his hips "The last time I did you a favor I ended up assisting Siwon hyung in the most stressful surgery of my entire career, not to mention the fact that Doyoung got mad at me for an entire week for arrive late to his 'oh so precious first homemade dinner', so no, I'm not helping you"  before he could turn around, the chestnut boy took Taeyong's wrist with both hands, pulling him to the emergency stairs for privacy.

"First, that wasn't my fault, I didn't know you'd have to assist that surgery and second, it was necessary!! Mark needed his big brother!!" Taeyong couldn't help but to roll his eyes in annoyance at the amount of drama his friend was displaying at the moment "Don't be such a drama queen Jaehyun, it was just a small cut and Yuta was with him" Jaehyun pouted and crossed his arms throwing a little tantrum to the other "Exactly! That was what worried me the most!" Jaehyun grimaced remembering how his little brother called him terrified because their stupid cousin wanted to stitched the wound 'cause it seemed like it needed it..."The poooooint is, that I really really need you this time! Please I swear is the last time I'll ask for your help, I'll talk with Doyoung hyung and I'll explain everything and I'll take one of your shifts in return and I'll even let you use my car for an entire week if you want, just pleaaaaase help me with thiiiis Hyuuung~" 

The sparkly pleading puppy eyes Jaehyun was making were an irresistible sight, sight that Taeyong was already falling for

"Pretty pleaaase, Hyuuung~" 

"Uugh ok stooop stop, alright I'll do it just stop, you annoying kid" Jaehyun stopped begging and a huge dimpled grin appeared on his face before embracing Taeyong in a tight hug. "You're the best Hyung ever, thanks, thanks, thanks"

"Ok ok, back off I got it, I'm the best. Now, what do you want?" Taeyong pulled Jaehyun's arms off of him crossing his own waiting for the doctor's request.

 "Yes, aaam...I need you to cover my shift tomorrow" Jaehyun said with a big innocent smile "Come ooon Jaehyun, tomorrow's my free day! Doyoung's gonna kill me!" The now sulking doctor gave Jaehyun an angry look, it was his free day after all! "Why can't you ask Kun to cover it? Or maybe Youngjae hyung or Kyungsoo hyung! Why me?" Taeyong was whining by now

"You know Kun hyung has a lot in hands with his specialization, I'm not that close to Youngjae hyung to ask him a favor and Kyungsoo hyung has the night turn in the emergency room, I'm not asking him, no way" Jaehyun ended with a slight pout looking helplessly at his old friend "Please, is for a good causeeee~" 

Taeyong wrinkles his nose at the amount of aegyo Jaehyun was using against him, how could he be this weak and soft for the boy??, if Doyoung saw him falling like this for Jaehyun's antics, he'll be forever ridiculized. 

Sighing heavily the older decided to say yes "FINE, ok I'll cover your shift, but you'll have to buy my lunch too aaand if Doyoung gets mad at me you'll have to deal with the demon, got it?" 

"YOU'RE THE BEST, I'll make your lunch personally and I'll even wash my car just for you" Jaehyun was about to hug his hyung again when Taeyong stopped him midway putting his hand in-between their chests, he already said yes, no need for more hugs and kisses "Enough, it's ok and you better make Japchae for me, brat" Taeyong points Jaehyun with his index finger remarking his words and the seriousness of them. 

After another sigh Taeyong relaxed a little "Anyway, why the sudden urge? What's the important thing you have that you even lend me your precious car, huh?" It wasn't a secret the love Jaehyun has for his beloved Jaguar XK-E, so it kinda intrigued Taeyong - a lot - the reason behind this favor.

Jaehyun fidgeted a little avoiding Taeyong's eyes "Nothing, I just aam need to be with a familiar tomorrow and yeah he's staying in my house, so I need to be there so, yeah"

Taeyong gazed sceptically at Jaehyun's sudden shyness. 'A familiar', the Jung's don't have a lot of close family and less male ones "Well if that's the case then Yuta could be with him, after all he's staying in house almost all day, no need for you to lost an entire day of work"

"Aaah the thing iiiis that Yuta hyung is not that close to him so I have to-" 
Not buying Jaehyun's excuses, Taeyong cut the stuttering boy "Come on Jae, you can do better than that, don't lie to me, spit it now!" Taeyong crossed his arms again tapping the floor with his feet waiting for an answer.

"Aish, ok ok, fine... I'm bringing someone home... he doesn't have a place to stay and I have to be with him since Yuta and Mark don't know him and he's kinda reluctant and shy with strangers so...yeah, that's it" The currently shy boy kept messing with his hair out of nervousness avoiding the now teasing smirk spread in Taeyong's face "Ahaa so our dear Jaehyunnie finally finds himself a boyfriend and he's introducing him to the family~ nice jooob bro! I need to know him! 

Taeyong tapped Jaehyun's ribs with his elbow enjoying the annoyed face of the latter "Shut up, he's not my boyfriend, he's just a friend" 

"Uhuu 'a friend' of course, look at you all grown up and in love, you better treasured him forever, I'm sacrificing my precious free day just for you and your cheesy love story!" Taeyong a little more dramatizing all his words, I mean, is not often when he can watch an embarrassed Jaehyun.

"It's not like that hyung stop, I'm just helping him, that's all" Jaehyun said starting to walk out of the lonely space after seeing the time in his wristwatch "Anyway, I have to go hyung, thanks again, I owe you one" 

"Oh no no, hold up there Jung Yoonoh, You won't leave your best friend like this! Tell me who he is! You've never told me about you dating anyone and Bunny haven't told me anything too so, that means Yuta doesn't know about this neither!" Taeyong started following his friend quickly not wanting to lose a detail of this sudden 'romance' of Jaehyun, after all, is not a daily thing to know about Jaehyun dating someone and leaving that someone that close of his little family.

It have been at least 8 years of friendship between the two boys since they knew each other in highschool, Jaehyun was a transferred student recently moved from The States, he was assigned to share desk with Taeyong and so their friendship started that way. 

After that moment they were basically inseparable, both liking each others personalities and sharing lots of hobbies like sports and dance, also Taeyong's family grew fond of the Jung's brothers after knowing the fact that both lived by th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter