2. Everything will be alright

Knock On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

' Ten's dialogues '

"Normal dialogues"

 

Author's note at the end

 

 

It was late afternoon judging by the dim light coming through the window, the black haired boy was sitting calmly on the stretcher while reading a book, the big machine at his side not connected to him anymore, instead just a needle with the lasts drops of a serum injected to his arm.

A knock outside the room distracted the petit boy from his pleasant reading making him look up, but knowing perfectly who was asking permission to enter the room, he simply decided to continue his reading smiling softly. Anyway, it’s not as if he had hundred of regular visitors a day...just one indeed.

"Hello, can I pass?" Always the same question, no matter how many times he has entered the white hospital room, his caring young doctor will always ask for permission to enter as if waiting for a miraculous verbal response from him that definitely won't come.

"Hey, how are you felling? I brought your dinner, a fancy chicken sandwich just for you" Jaehyun said with a deep short giggle at the end coming in the small room carrying a tray with a sandwich, a cup of water, a glass of orange juice and something like a pudding in another cup. He took sit in the always welcoming chair next the hospital bed placing the tray on top of his legs. "You're not done reading it? I thought you were in the last pages yesterday!" It was at that moment that the pale boy decided to lower the book and finally take a look at his doctor.

As usual he was dressed in his impeccable white doctor gown, a glimpse of a baby pink turtle neck sweater between the v of his gown and at the end of his sleeves, the stethoscope hanging in his shoulders, his chestnut curly hair a little messy as always and his warm and beautiful dimpled smile on display for him just like every day he has come to his room.

Smiling a little more he decided to put his book aside on the stretcher to take the little acrylic blackboard that Jaehyun kindly gifted him to be able to communicate and started writing in English -- the doctor found out he was more comfortable "talking" in English than in korean since the boy was way more fluent in it, it was really convenient the fact that he also spoke the language fluently -- something with the marker attached to it to then show the words to the doctor.

'I was reading again the last part, I really loved how it ended'

Jaehyun read with pleasure making a bigger smile appeared on his face showing even more his deep dimples and his eyes to squint like crescents moons making the raven boy to blush a little to then start fidgeting with his hands over the blackboard.

"I told you you'd like it, that is one of my favorite novels, I'm use to read it at least twice every year" said the young doctor with a small smile on his face looking at the book, Wuthering Heights.

A few seconds past in silence till the black haired boy cleared his throat a little calling Jaehyun's attention, he then tap the blackboard with his index finger for him to notice the new message.

'Can I eat hyung? I'm hungry, even if it's the same menu from yesterday hahaha'

"Oh my! Sorry sorry, I got distracted, sorry let me bring the table" the doctor stood up a little fast and brought the small wheeled table and placed it in front of the boy and then the tray on it, the boy thanked him with a little nod and began eating calmly. 

Actually he doesn't know if he was younger or older than Jaehyun, he still couldn't remember his age yet, but the other was so professional and mature that he had the felling that the doctor was at least one year older than him, beside that the black haired boy definitely likes the way the word suits him and the sweet smile Jaehyun gave him every time he called him hyung.

"Aam so, did anything came to your mind already? Something you remember?" Always the same question these last four days since he woke up from his coma and it was always the same answer...'No'...the boy slowly shook his head, at least this time without crying as he always did the other times, yet not less saddened.

Jaehyun nodded a little sad "well, I have some good news for you today" he said put

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter