1. The Awaken

Knock On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘ Ten’s thoughts ’

“ Normal dialogs ”

 

Author's note at the end 

 

 

The first thing he felt the moment he woke up was the strongest headache he has ever had in his entire life. He tried to stand up and regretted it the second after when a sharp pain pierce his entire body almost making him scream. He tried to breath a little and pass over the pain, then noticed while trying to move again that he was connected to several wires and a few dials to his arm and hand.

The black-haired boy now was confused and it showed in his frown, the last thing he remembered was taking a cab at Seoul’s airport and then nothing, everything was blank in his mind, from what was he doing in Seoul to where was he now…actually aside from the airport he really didn’t have any memory and that was scaring the out of him.

‘Ok just calm, everything will be alright, you just need to calm and find out where you are’

Easier said than done, obviously…he tried to stand up again, this time supporting himself carefully in his elbows. The boy saw his surroundings, the room was blindly white almost empty and plain, in front of him he could see an open door and next to it at a corner a beige single couch; at his left was a window lightly covered by pale blue curtains and at his right was another door, but this was closed.

Then he noticed the constant sound of a beeping, he turns his head to his side an saw a big machine close to him that showed his vitals sings and other things he doesn’t understand connected to the wires in his body and left arm, afterwards the boy followed the course of the needle in his right arm that was connected to a package of serum or some type of medicine.

It was clear for him now that he was in a hospital,b why? Why was he in a hospital? Did that have to do with the fact that he doesn’t remember a single thing? Does he had an accident or something?

Just before he could freak out, his train of thoughts were interrupted when suddenly someone came in the room through the close door.

“Hey, you're awake! I’m so relieve, I was afraid that you would take some days to wake up again” a tall light chestnut boy, with white rosy skin and gentle features came into the room and closed the door behind him. “I hope you’re felling a little better now, I applied you a sedative and you should be a lot more calmer now” the stranger said with a soothing voice and a small smile coming closer to the stretcher he was on. He guessed the man was a doctor looking at his white gown and the stethoscope hanging on his neck. The doctor took a seat at his right in a chair beside him.

“I’m Jaehyun, Jung Jaehyun and I'm a Traumatologist, I know everything must be confusing to you right now, but I will explain everything I can to you, but first I need you to answer me some questions, can you?"

It was then that he noticed the clipboard in the doctor’s hands waiting to be fill with his personal information, he guessed. He looked again at Jaehyun’s face and found him really kind, so he nod at him slowly making the young doctor smile warmly again.

“Ok, first of all, can you tell me your name?”

 

 

“…”

 

 

Fear. Utter fear took over his body the exact moment he tried to say something and nothing more than air came out of his mouth. He was panicking again and it showed in the ECG. Jaehyun seeing this tried to calm the black-haired boy resting a hand in his shoulder and talking gently to him.

“Shh, calm down, I’m sorry, I just needed to prove if you could speak, but it looks...you still can’t” the boy was confused to say the least, mouth agape and unable to speak physically and mentally, eyes watering as the emotions take over him.

“No, please, don’t cry” the young doctor said looking truly worried for the other “I know this is hard for you, but I will try to explain everything so you can understand, if you let me. Just, don't cry, I promise everything will be ok, please.” Jaehyun said to him in the calmest and soothing voice he could manage, almost as if talking to a little kid and in that moment that was how the boy in front of him looked, lost and scared as a kid who lost his parents at the park and didn’t know what to do except for cry.

The boy wiped away the tears that hung on the edge of his lashes threatening to fall and nodded to the friendly doctor.

“Well, the first thing you have to know is that this is your third night here in the hospital, you were brought here after being involved in a car crush in a cab you were at, when the ambulance arrived you were already unconscious and had some injuries, they took you here and you’ve been staying in the hospital since then.” Jaehyun paused a little before continuing, looking at the boy right into his black eyes. "You were in a coma until yesterday, that's two days."

The boy didn’t said a word, too astonished for it, so the doctor sighed and just kept telling all the things he had to say.

“As for what happened to you, well for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter