Is Everyone Gay?

The Fairy Cupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a day since Chaewon had seen the spirits. As they promised, they didn't disturb her the entire time while she was thinking of an answer.

 

Tomorrow, she had to face the two and Chaewon was still not sure of what to say to them. A part of her wanted to help them but the other didn't want to in to other people's business.

 

“Chaewon-unnie, are you okay?”

 

The voice took Chaewon away from her thoughts and found her underclassmen looking at her with curiosity.

 

Chaewon was in the Flower clubroom alone with Kim Minjoo, a first year member. They had finished their activities for the day and were preparing to go home.

 

“I'm alright Minjoo. Just some school stuff…” Chaewon said but Minjoo was not convinced.

 

“You never looked that troubled for school stuff before. Is there anything I can help you with unnie?” Minjoo asked with worry evident in her eyes. 

 

Feeling touched with Minjoo's concern, Chaewon patted the younger girl's head. “Minjoo-ya, is it just me or you're getting prettier everyday.”

 

Minjoo blushed at the compliment and lowered her head. “Stop teasing me unnie and don't change the subject.”

 

Chaewon can't help but chuckle seeing Minjoo's cute reaction. “I'm telling the truth! You definitely looked better than the past few months.”

 

Suddenly Minjoo's phone vibrated, indicating that someone texted. Chaewon removed her hand from Minjoo's head and saw how the younger girl's face literally glowed as she read the message.

 

With a smug face, Chaewon teasingly asked, “Sooo.. Who is making you happy now?”

 

“No one!” 

 

“Then who texted you?”

 

“It's just my classmate. A girl.” Minjoo protectively held her phone on her chest and started putting her things in her bag as fast as she could. Minjoo was still flustered so it was fun for Chaewon to watch her.

 

Doyeon said, “At this school, there are other girls like us. Girls tortured by hidden feelings in their hearts for other girls here. But they don't have that last bit of courage or opportunity to act on their feelings.”

 

Chaewon remembered what Doyeon said and became curious. ‘Are there really gays in this school?’ Chaewon thought.

 

“I'm going now. Bye unnie,” Minjoo said and rushed to the door.

 

“Minjoo.” Chaewon called her out before she could go. “I'm glad you had moved on. And whoever that girl that's making you happy now better not make you cry too.”

 

“There's nothing going on. Besides I'm straight,” Minjoo said but the glow in her eyes when she read the text earlier was saying something else.

 

“Okay, I get it but there's nothing wrong with liking a girl more than a friend you know,” Chaewon said.

 

Minjoo looked at Chaewon for awhile and grasp the doorknob tight. “Really?”

 

Chaewon recognized the timidness in Minjoo's voice. She looked hesitant and scared. It must be a new experience for Minjoo and she didn't know what to do. She might even want to stop whatever it is that she was feeling for her friend and that didn't sit well with Chaewon.

 

The two had been friends since middle school and Chaewon had become fond of Minjoo as her sister.  She always had this strong urge to help Minjoo. 

 

‘I guess this is what the spirits were talking about, tortured hidden feelings..’ Chaewon thought.

 

“Yes Minjoo. There's nothing wrong with that,” Chaewon said with so much reassurance but Minjoo still seemed to be not confident.

 

“Okay… Have a nice day,” Minjoo said before leaving the room.

 

Chaewon let out a sigh before placing her things back in her back. She was the last person left inside the clubroom so she will be the one who will lock it.

 

“Alright. Everything seems fine,” Chaewon said to herself and locked the clubroom door.

 

“Chaewon!” A voice called her out from the back. It was none other than the school's blonde dance machine.

 

“Chaeyeon? What's up?” 

 

“Is Sakura ther.. I mean.. Is Sakura-sunbae there?” 

 

Chaewon noticed the slip up of honorifics and can't help but wonder if Chaeyeon was one of the girls the spirits were talking about.

 

“Sakura-unnie went out as soon as she finished tutoring the third years,” Chaewon replied. Disappointment was what she saw in Chaeyeon's eyes.

 

“Oh, I see.. Thanks Chaewon.” Despite the smile that Chaeyeon was showing, it was pretty obvious she was not happy with the news. Her shoulders were a bit slumped and Chaewon could only watch.

 

It got Chaewon thinking, she did notice that Sakura and Chaeyeon had been really close lately even though they were from different year level. Was it possible that something was blossoming between the two?

 

“Chaewon-sunbae!” 

 

“Chaewon!!”

 

“Chaewon-ah!!!”

 

Chaewon got called again but this time it was a group of girls from different year levels, her ‘fans’. 

 

“You did well again today.”

 

“And of course, you are beautiful today too.”

 

“Rest well Chaewon~”

 

Chaewon smiled at them and muttered “Thank you.” before completely passing by them.

 

“Aaaahhh!!! Our Fairy!!”

 

“My heart!!!”

 

This was an ordinary occurrence to Chaewon. There would always be these girls that would greet her after she finishes her club activities. Once again it got her thinking, is there any of them who is in love her?

 

‘Oh no. Now I'm thinking that everyone is gay. It's their fault.’ Chaewon shook her head in attempt to let go of those thoughts.

 

Her efforts were futile as the thoughts clouded her mind until she got home..

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 


Chaewon was welcomed with savory scent. Her younger twin brother, Felix, was in charge for dinner tonight. The twins lived alone so they rely on each other to do household chores. Among the twins, Chaewon had to admit that Felix was the better cook.

 

“That smells really good,” Chaewon commented and noticed that Felix was cooking more food than usual. “Is Eunbi-unnie going to eat with us?”

 

“Yeah and she will bring two other people as well..” Felix said while his eyes were concentrating on the food he was cooking.

 

“Who?”

 

“Her new babies, I guess?”

 

“Aigoo.. Eunbi-unnie really…” Chaewon shook her head in disapproval. She was fine if Eunbi has new friends but does she really have to take them to their apartment complex? Why not her apartment instead? Chaewon was not comfortable having strangers in her space.

 

“Don't be like that or else Eunbi-noona wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter