The Favor

The Fairy Cupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I closed my eyes and perceived my surroundings without the use of my sense of sight. I could hear the musical instruments from the marching band, the choir club's singing, the cheers of the students watching a sports club playing, and idle chats of students passing by. I opened my eyes. In front of me is the door to the rooftop.

 

“Here goes nothing.”

 

I opened the door and found the two ghosts floating in the middle of the rooftop. I looked around and found the place empty except for us.

 

“Hey, you finally arrived,” The tall girl said with a big smile. “What took you so long?” The short girl said. Both are smiling but I can feel something dark behind it.

 

“......”

 

“We will introduce ourselves. I'm Kim Doyeon,” The tall girl said. 

 

“The name's Choi Yoojung,” The other girl said.

 

“I'm Kim Chaewon.” I still find it strange why I can suddenly see such entities. But they seemed to be friendly.. For now. 

 

They looked at each other and gave a nod. “Both of us passed away 50 years ago in this school. We both died when the building we were in collapsed during an earthquake,” Yoojung said.

 

“And since then we became ghosts in this school. We did get proper burials and all yet we are still here. We do want to pass on but we can't,” Doyeon said.

 

I'm glad to know at least they don't want to stay here forever but why are they still here? “Do you know why you can't pass on?”

 

“You see we both died having deep regrets,” Yoojung slowly said.

 

“Uhuh..,” Typical reason for being unable to cross.

 

Yoojung continued, “We like girls.”

 

“W-what?” I was baffled. She doesn't mean that, right?

 

“We want to go on dates and kiss a girl,” Doyeon added boldly.

 

“So... You two are lesbians?” I wanted to confirm. This day just kept on getting crazy.

 

“That sounds scandalous, at least during our time. But yes, we are. Also, Yoojung and I are dating. Our relationship is very pure,” Doyeon said. 

 

Yoojung asked with a frown, “Isn't there a nicer way to call it? I remember it was some sort of flower.”

 

“You mean.. Yuri(lily)?” I said.

 

“Oh! That's right! Yuri!” Yoojung exclaimed. It was somehow strange to hear her saying the word 'yuri' seeing that she looks like someone whose name is Yuri.

 

“What are your regrets that kept both of you from passing on?”

 

“Before we died we were not able to act on our feelings and those feelings were at peak that time. Which is why we're still here now as spirits,” Yoojung said.

 

“You two are dating. Shouldn't that be enough for the two of you to pass on?”

 

“You're right. I have Doyeon as my girlfriend. But it seems like that wasn't enough to satisfy the two of us,” Yoojung answered.

 

“Why's that?”

 

“To find love and understand her feelings is wonderful but it seems we won't pass on without exploring those feelings for each other.”

 

“So?”

 

Doyeon pouted and said, “Don't make us say it, seriously. It means Yoojung and I want to become one in soul and body!”

 

“H-huh? You mean doing things-” I started to feel embarrassed and uncomfortable. And Doyeon said their relationship is pure! Liar!

 

“Hey! What are you thinking, you ert?!” Doyeon shouted at me. I'm not the ert, they are! 'Pure relationship' hah! Don't make me laugh.

 

“You're the ones thinking about it, aren't you?!”

 

“But I think Doyeon and I can leave this world without regrets if we become one in body and soul.”

 

“Then why don't you just.. d-do it so you can pass on.” This is so awkward and talking with this kind of topic is not exactly fun especially to ghosts!

 

Doyeon sighed, “We don't know how it's done.”

 

“Er....”

 

“.........”


“…............”

 

“Do you know how?” Yoojung asked clearly looking at me. I almost choked myself with my own saliva.

 

“Of course I don't know! I don't even have a boyfriend or even a girlfriend!” What the hell! 

 

“I knew it. You were always alone whenever you come up here,” Yoojung said.

 

First of all, this is an international GIRLS school so I can't possibly have a boyfriend and bring him here! And I never thought about having a girlfriend!

 

“So that's what you wanted me for? I'm sorry but I can't help you then.”

 

“We figured that out. We knew you would be useless for this,” Doyeon said.

 

They are starting to get into my nerves. “My apologies. What do you exactly want?”

 

Doyeon said, “At this school, there are other girls like us. Girls tortured by hidden feelings in their hearts for other girls here. But they don't have that last bit of courage or opportunity to act on their feelings.”

 

Yoojung added, “And since we're spirits, we haven't been able to do anything for those poor girls. But now, there's finally someone who can hear our voices.”

 

“We would like you to help those girls act on their feelings. To give them the tiny push that we can't,” Doyeon said.

 

“We want you to play Cupid,” Yoojung said.

 

“Whaaaat?” No way! I can't do that!

 

“With just small nudge. I'm sure those girls could make their feelings known,” Doyeon said.

 

Why would I into their business like that?!

 

Doyeon added, “There's probably one here today. She should be in one of the buildings.”

 

“Oh, that girl?” Yoojung acknowledged. “You're right Doyeon. I'll take Chaewon to see her.”

 

“Wait a second! I can't poke my nose into this stuff!”

 

“Oh? You want to turn us down?” Doyeon's eyes were glaring at me and her voice became deep. It was the same as the one whispering to me during class.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter