Chapter one

Prophecy
The strange boy did not answer and continued his approach and finally stopped in front of L. Although it was on the ground, he could easily see that the stranger was probably taller than him and despite the weather, he wore a large scarf around his neck. The boy with red hair, meanwhile, dropped to his knees next to him and began to carefully raise the stones covering the ankle of Myungsoo who at this moment look at him astonished.
 
-Can you tell me what are you doing? I did not ask you anything! Then exclaimed Myungsoo but was royally ignored.
 
While the mercenary's leg was almost free, he heard footsteps coming in their direction. Without thinking twice, he grabbed the pommel of the sword he wore on his belt but before he could make the slightest gesture another hand rested on his own, thus preventing L from unsheathed. He raised his head and saw that it was once more this strange young man. He nodded before a smile came to light his face as if to tell him that everything went well. Myungsoo frowned, thinking that this boy was really weird before a detail hit him. If that happened, he was the person he had to murder. But before he had time to think about it, he saw two boys coming towards them. One of them, seems to be the eldest, did not seem very big according to the mercenary, he had a kind of black cape on his shoulders that hid a fairly simple dark-colored outfit but what caught the most attention of There were many daggers hanging on a sort of belt around his thigh. The second looked more youthful and more effeminate. He had a bow in his back and a quiver hung in a belt and fell back on his left thigh. The older of the two stepped forward, relieved.
 
-For the sake of heaven Yeollie never goes off like that without warning. He announced as he approached and hugged the so-called "Yeollie" in his arms before turning his gaze back to L who was still on the ground. Who is he?
 
With a defensive gesture, he made the red-haired boy step aside and pulled out one of the many daggers that hung around his thighs. The man named Yeollie then went between the two and again did not head while the older man's eyes tinted a little blue. The two men looked into each other's eyes for a moment before the young man put away his dagger and turned to the other boy who had stayed behind.
 
-It's okay Sungjong there is nothing to fear. He announced before approaching the landslide. Come help me Sungyeol wanted to help this guy got his leg out of the rubble.
Even before Myungsoo had time to say anything, his leg was now free and he could finally get up. Although he had not asked them anything, he could not possibly leave without saying anything especially if his potential target was among them.
-Thank you. He ends by telling them.
-It's Yeollie that you have to thank. Announced simply the older one. He would not have asked me anything, I would have left you there.
 
He could say that he was honest maybe even a little too much and that he did not mince his words. It was then that L ticked. The oldest had said that Sungyeol had asked him for but, he had not heard him say a word. He turned, however, to the young man with the red hair.
 
-In this case, thank you. He mumbled.
Sungyeol did not answer him and just smiled at him.
-But he doesn't talk? He tries to ask the other.
-He doesn't talk anymore would be the most exact term. Sungjong answered softly. When we were younger, his house was caught in a fire and the flames damaged his vocal cords because of which he has a scarf and ...
-Hey! The oldest cut. He does not have to know all that! And then we go!
-But Sunggyu hyung ...
-Hurry, you two, I said we're going away.
 
Without another word, Sunggyu began to leave. Sungjong followed suit before stopping and turning to Sungyeol who had not moved. Indeed, the young man with the flamboyant hairstyle looks at the mercenaries with his big eyes as if he asked him a silent question. L looked at him, raising an eyebrow, not understanding at all what the young man wanted him to do. Sungjong then came back to them and decided to speak.
 
-He asks you what you plan to do now. Translated the young man.
-Me? I made myself separated from my friend in the landslide I must find him. He finishes by answering. But ... can you understand him?
-Of course. Sunggyu hyung can understand him too.
-But how?
-Our family masters telepathy so even a dumb or deaf can communicate with us.
-I see ... Finally, I'm not going to delay you, even more, this guy does not look in a good mood ... The mercenary said pointing with his head, Sunggyu with his hands on the hips showing he was waiting always the other two.
-No worries my big brother is never happy anyway ... Otherwise, you only have to come with us to the village you may find your friend there. Sungjong suggested, seeing Sungyeol's face light up as a result of this proposal. Yeollie seems to like you a lot.
-I did not do anything to make that happen ...
- Sungyeol does not know many people. He does not often have the right to go out because he has a fragile constitution. Results he does not see anyone outside the village so maybe this is the reason.
 
The mercenary did not answer. Finally, he ends up following them. On the way, Sungjong was trying to be kind to the mercenary with Sungyeol while Sunggyu shows clearly that he didn't want to sympathize with him. The mercenary ended up learning that Sunggyu and Sungjong were brothers although their characters are diametrically opposed. They had grown up together and the oldest caring for him had lost their parents a long time ago. He had also learned that it was after the fire that the youngest had mentioned earlier that they had met Sungyeol and Sunggyu had decided to collect him from their family and since then, although he wasn't bound by blood both brothers consider him to be also a member of their family. Besides, the older man turned out to be a very protective boy towards his two brothers. Myungsoo could not really say that this whole story interested him but hey, at least the journey seemed less long. He especially hoped that he could find Woohyun without much difficulty. As he seemed to be thinking about what his friend could do at this moment, Sungjong pulled him out of his thoughts.
 
-But tell me ... I should have asked you from the beginning but ... What brings you to our village? He finishes asking.
-Well ... Murmured L before deciding to tell them the truth ... At least in part, I am a mercenary I was going to find a client.
 
No sooner had he finished his sentence that Sunggyu, who was walking in front of him, had come back and he was facing one of his daggers in front of the other two boys.
 
-I knew we could not trust you. He yelled as Sungjong and Sungyeol stared at him without understanding.
-But Hyung what's happening to you? Surprised the youngest trying to calm his brother. He was not doing anything wrong, just talking with us.
-He just confessed that he was a mercenary and everyone knows that no mercenaries are reliable. Their services are selling not their loyalty. In other words, if you pay for it to protect you and that during your trip someone pays more for him to slice your head he will do it without hesitation!
-But it's horrible what you say! You do not even know him!
-And what? He's a mercenary and all the mercenaries are the same! That's why I hate them.
 
Myungsoo finally decided to speak in order to admit that he had been hurt by the words of the older man. Yes, he was a mercenary, but he still had principles. And it was not by choice that he had chosen that path.
 
-I understand that you may have some grudges against the mercenaries because I don't know your privacy at all. How could he not flinch in the face of the weapon brandished in his direction? Only I have principles. I do not attack people for no reason and if I can avoid killing, I do it willingly. After that, I think that in all cases we will be the only time in our life that we will see each other.
-Well ... I let you go to our village to find your friend, partner or whatever, and after that, you leave and disappear from my sight. Ah yes and the slightest suspicious gesture I cut your head is clear?
-I would try to remember it ...
 
It is under the suspicious look of Sunggyu that the journey to the village ends. Only, when they arrived in the said village, the three brothers froze. Indeed, it was currently ravaged by flames. The screams of panicked villagers could be heard, some trying to extinguish the fire.
 
-But ... what happened here ?!

 

Author note: Well, this chapter is not really really long but he had to throw a little history so I'm sorry if it is not the most interesting. In my mind what follows will have to be better. I just hope I can write it. Really feel free to tell me what you think it would help me a lot to improve myself.