Prologue

Prophecy


He was there, facing these monsters, cold sweats running through his body as he received orders from these creatures. Murder someone ... just that ... could not they do it themselves? Apparently no. However, Myungsoo did not say anything, at the same time he could not say anything, they held his family and relatives hostage. He had to resign himself to accepting the terrible thing that was asked of him. He had to kill the chosen one of the prophecy. Finally, if it obviously existed. Because for the one who was called L, the Gods did not exist. It was just a solution to give hope to the inhabitants because if they really existed they could not have been able to take care of themselves to eradicate all these creatures coming straight from hell? And how could they know who was the person he was supposed to kill?

It had been several hours since he had left with his friend on the way to the village where the prophecy was born. Moreover, they had finally learned that the chosen one had to have powers or would not it be an unusual aura but above all, he seemed not to be endowed with the word. When he had learned it, he was surprised to know that "the future of the world" rested on the shoulders of a dumb man. Only it was explained later that he was not dumb. The reason was that only pure-hearted people and/or those who deserved the trust of the chosen one could hear the sound of his voice. Myungsoo had found this reason absurd. The Gods wanted to eradicate the evil one as they liked to say it... So why did you give distinctive traits to the person who was supposed to save the population? They wanted them to be killed or what? In a sense, the mercenary sympathized with the destiny that the chosen one of this so-called prophecy had to have, at last, if it existed. Myungsoo continued to walk along this steep path along the mountain pass that led to a small, outlying village in the rest of the world. He listened with a distracted ear to Woohyun's speech, which explained to him the path he had to take to get to the village. Serious error. Indeed, if the young man had been more attentive, he, who walked in front, could have understood that something was wrong on this path. He reacts too late. In fact, a landslide had just fallen right on the spot where the two mercenaries were and separated them. And as if that was not enough, Myungsoo's leg was found trapped under the rubble. As he struggled to free his leg, he heard footsteps. When he raised his head he saw a young man in the distance. He had flaming red hair that was shining because of the sun's rays and big piercing black eyes. The boy did not show any animosity toward him. But what astonished the mercenary the most was the aura he radiated. If he should have described her, he would have said one thing, that she was bright.
-Who ... who are you? Myungsoo asked, seeing the young man cautiously approaching him as if he was afraid there would be another landslide.

 

Author note: My prologue is really short but I hope it will allow you to understand a little "the atmosphere" of this story. I hope you will like it.