Friends

Ignorance Is Bliss

  "Min-Minju?" Hongjoong says.
        Mingi grabs Hongjoong and they step outside of the hotel room in an angry storm and Minju looked around in shock. She was starting to feel very warm and getting dizzy but she fought past it.
        "Who was that?" She asked Yunho.
        "That was our leader Hongjoong." He told her.
        She looked back down at her ring which had the name Hongjoong written on it. She held it up to Yunho and Seonghwa to see and they both looked confused.
        "Why do you have that?" Yunho asked.
        "I don't know. The only thing I can remember about it is waking up in the hospital with this ring in my hand." She said.
        Minju began to sweat from the heat inside her body and felt as if she were going to fall. She walked towards the door hoping to open it and find Hongjoong standing there ready to give her answers. As she reached out her hand for the handle her vision began to blur.
        "Maybe-maybe he can tell me w-who I am..." She said before she finally collapsed.
                                               *****************************************************
         Hongjoong grabbed Mingi by the collar and slammed him against the wall.
        "You knew she was alive this whole time didn't you?" Hongjoong yelled at him but Mingi stayed silent.
        "Did you think it was funny to watch me search for her? You even held a fake funeral?" Hongjoong yelled.
        Mingi tried brushing his hand away but it made Hongjoong press harder against him.
        "You got rid of her didn't you? Where did you send her? Huh?" Hongjoong yelled.
        In a burst of anger Mingi grabbed Hongjoong and spun him around and pressed him against the wall this time.
        "She knows nothing! Her memory is gone and if you want her to live a normal life you'll leave her alone." Mingi said.
        "Why? So she wont know the truth about that night? The truth about you?" Hongjoong said in disgust.
        "No I did this so she doesn't have to be involved in these kinds of things. Dont you wish to be a normal person too? You dont have to always be alert and fight others. Shes going back to America as soon as I can get her" Mingi said.
        Hongjoong stayed quiet for a moment processing this until he finally spoke. "Shes not going anywhere."
        "Hongjoong, please! She'll only be in danger." He begged.
        "Its too late Mingi, Jinsoo knows about her and she knows about us. Its over." Hongjoong said.
        Suddenly Seonghwa burst through the door with Yunho following him with Minju in his arms.
        "Hongjoong! We have to get her back now!" Seonghwa yelled.
        "Whats going on?" Hongjoong asked.
        "Her fever is so high that she collapsed!" Yunho told him.
        Hongjoong quickly came over to Minju and put his hand on her forehead. Her face was flushed and red, her hair sticking to her face because of sweat. 
        "Lets go" He said.
        When they got in the car Hongjoong took Minju and laid her in the backseat with her head against his lap. He studied her face and saw the cuts a bruises all over her. He the side of her face and brushed her hair away.
        "Maybe Mingi was right... Maybe you would have been better off never knowing. But its too late now. I'll protect you for sure this time. I wont ever let you go again." He whispered to her while she slept.
                                        ************** Minju's dream**************
        Minju and Mingi were five years old and were brought by their parents to a friends house. When they got out of the car their mom held their hands as they walked up to the door.
        "They are good friends of ours and they have a son who is only three years older than you." Their mother said.
        "What if he doesn't like us? Everyone at school hates us." Mingi said.
        "I dont need anyone but Oppa." Minju said.
        "Dont worry, his father is friend with your father. They just moved here and he doesn't have a brother or sister so he needs someone to be his friend too." She told them.
        "Okay." Minju said.
        The door opened and a woman with a little boy beside her dressed in a nice vest and khakis was there. He was just a few inches taller than the twins and had a very neat and tidy look to him. He bowed to them and introduced himself.
        "My name is Hongjoong." He said.
        "I'm Minju and this is Mingi my brother." She said and bowed back.
        "Do you want to go play?" He asked.
        "Yeah!" Minju said and grabbed her brothers hand to drag him along.
        "Can I call you Minnie? Your names are so similar." Hongjoong asked.
       "Sure."