Monster

Ignorance Is Bliss

                                                                   ***** The past in Hongjoongs perspective******

       Hongjoong was walking the halls of his new school when he came around the corner he heard a familair voice, it was Mingi. He peeked over the edge to get a look at who he was talking to. They were boys from his grade known for being rough and bulling others. What would Mingi be talking to them about? Are they planning to hurt him? Hongjoong thought ready to take action to defend him but stoped when he heard what he said.

       "She needs to learn her place." Mingi said.

       "Yeah but isnt she your sister?" One of the boys asked.

      "So? Don't you hate her? I can help you bring her down." Mingi told them.

     "Yeah, and what do you have in mind?" the boy asked.

     "Simple, I lure her to a back alley near the school maybe embarass her a little and she will have no way to escape."
    

     Hongjoong immediatley turned to run and find Minju before any of this could happen but he felt a hand grab the back of his neck and pull him towards them. It was the tallest boy who had grabbed him and was now throwing him into an empty classroom. The boy locked the door with a chair to prevent him from getting out. Mingi came to the glass to face him as Hongjoong was desperately trying to open the door.

      "Why are you doing this? Let me out!!" Hongjoong screamed.

      "Why am I doing this? Because I'm sick and tired of people like you! Who don't even have to try and everything just comes so natural to you. I'm tired of people like you who show off and now you and my sister will finally learn your lesson. When father sees her so defeated he can see that shes not thet great after all." Mingi explained with distaste.

      "Don't do this!" Hongjoong said but it was too late.

   Mingi had already turned to walk away with the other boys. Hongjoong looked around the room for anything to help me get out. I need to think quick he thought.

He ran around the classroom looking for a way out but it was useless, the only way out was the window and it was two stories high. He would definitley hurt himself if he jumped out but did he have a choice? If he was going to save her it was his only option. Hongjoong opened the window and sat down on the edge looking down at how far it was to the ground. He was very nervous thinking about what could go wrong if he landed the wrong way, Hongjoong was brave but that doesn't mean he not scared. He remembered Minju telling him once that you're only brave when you can conquer something you fear. No wonder she was so brave and full of courage, shes only eight years old and ahead of most of the adults in their parent's gang. In the distance he heard a scream and knew it was Minju and thats all it took for him to finally jump.

        "Ahhh!" Hongjoong yelled in pain as he landed on his ankle wrong.

       Hongjoong was too worried to think about the pain as he limped towards where he heard Minju's voice. When he finally found her she was surrounded by all the boys from before. They were all teasing her and one grabbed a handful of her hair and pulled her towards him agressively. Why is she not fighting back Hongjoong wondered. 

        "Come on princess! Show us your skills! You little gang rat!" The boy holding her hair yelled and slung her against the wall. 

       Hongjoong could hear the breath leave her body.

      "Leave her alone!" Hongjoong yelled limping forward.

      "Oh look! Her prince has come to save her!" The boy yelled and turned around to knee Minju in the stomach.

    She fell over in pain and Hongjoong charged at the boy. Hongjoong punched the first boy in the face and kicked him to the ground. Suddenly the rest of the boys came all at once and grabbed Hongjoong's arms holding him in place. The first boy got back up and punched Hongjoong in the stomach so hard it took him a minute to catch his breath. 

      "Stop this!" Minju yelled. "I'm the one you want! Leave him alone!"

     Minju moved from the wall so quick no one saw her coming and extended her leg so high and powerful kicking the boy in the face. The boy fell down and before the others realized it she had moved on to the boys who had Hongjoongs arms held down. Punching each one with so much force that they all had to let go. Minju quickly took Hongjoong's hand and turned to run. When they finally had made it to a safe spot to hide they both collasped on the ground.

      "Why did we run away? We could have taken them." Hongjoong said excited thinking about the fight that could have happened.

      "I don't want to fight." Minju said with tears in her eyes.

     "But... why?" Hongjoong said worried.

      "Because everyone thinks I'm a monster, I'm the daughter of a gang leader. If I fight them and hurt them that just makes me the monster they say I am. And I am a monster!" She said putting her head down.

      "But.... I think you are one of the most talented and amazing person, no matter who your father is." Hongjoong said grabbing her hands to comfort her. "You are so caring, no matter what others say. You are not a monster and never will be!"

       "But..... But..." She said and started to cry.

       Hongjoong pulled her into a hug and started her hair with his hand.

       "No matter what anyone says you will always be my Minnie."